Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 06:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dbowen
Since you don't have the RM rear arms you can push your rear hubs all the way forward, put your shock all the way in on the rear shock tower, go to 0 ballstud washers on the rear inner camber link, go to the 2 hole insert in the rear hubs all the way out (long link) (I did this the other day and my car was almost to locked in), softer oil and spring in the rear, larger hole or more holes in piston.

Those are a few things you can do to get more grip.

I run on a medium bite track usually and I run stock and my setup is basically exactly like what I just gave you but I run 3x1.4s all the way around 32.5 in the front 30w in the rear white springs front and green rear and I have the RM rear arms and my car is pretty much always locked in.
thanks for the reply, i have removed the ballstud washers, i will move the hubs and change the shock angle first, then i will try the hubs with long link, then try oil/piston dont want to try to much at once so i know what each does. thanks again for the reply
Old 12-27-2014, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by customss
thanks for the reply, i have removed the ballstud washers, i will move the hubs and change the shock angle first, then i will try the hubs with long link, then try oil/piston dont want to try to much at once so i know what each does. thanks again for the reply
Ya deff its good to see what each one does, try the ball stud washers first, then move the shock in, and then try the next longer link. Then if you still need more grip try the 3x1.4s all the way around, I love them bc they handle bumps really well and we have 3 step downs like the reedy race that I can just fly through compared to everyone else, but if the track is smooth and has a decent amount of grip Ill go to the 2x1.6 in the rear but I always run the 3x1.4s up front.

Also make sure you use the same tires after every change you make or you wont be able to tell whether it was the change that made your car better or worse or the tires (I know it sounds like common sense but Ive done it before).

Hope this helps!
Old 12-27-2014, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associa...SetupHints.htm

this has helped me out quite a bit.

Originally Posted by customss
need a little more rear grip, new to offroad but not racing, running kit setup on tight indoor clay track. Tires of choice are super softs or m4 compound, have tried different compounds and inserts but the rear of the car is a bit to free to really push the car. I have managed to tq and win the last 2 races out of the3 i have entered. i removed the ft 2mm spacers under the ball studs looking for more grip. What would be the next step? short rear links? springs? oil? car is not bad but i have to be really smooth or the rear wants to step out, this is in stock buggy.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associa...SetupHints.htm

this has helped me out quite a bit.
thanks for the link
Old 12-27-2014, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default RM

Originally Posted by bambambennett
It seems local to me here in Socal, RM is gaining popularity again. Last Saturday only 3 stock MM but 23 RM. I have been gone for a few months. Interesting since I was ready to pull the trigger on a MM. Might not now cause my buggy is dialed.
Cool. It seems the RM never took off like the MM did...I like seeing the swing to rear motor. Maybe the trend will continue outside of SoCal.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mamba Max pro and the 1410 kv3800 4 pole motor good choice or bad choice for this buggy or a Mamba Max pro and a 10.5 or 8.5 motor running indoor on a clay track which combo would be better?
Old 12-27-2014, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

has anyone tried the gear diff on dirt track yet? trying to figure out if it will work on med grip dirt track? thanks
Old 12-27-2014, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Lipo Question

Posted this in another thread but thought I would get other opinions here too.

I did a stupid and had the charging harness (bullets from the battery to a deans, then deans to bullets to the charger) all plugged together and then into the battery and failed to realize what I had done, so the bullet ends to the charger briefly (like 1-2 seconds if that) touched each other... I realize that could create a short in the battery, but for that little amount of time did I do any damage?

The pack charged fine @ 5A with like .024 v cell difference.

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2014, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sstriano
Posted this in another thread but thought I would get other opinions here too.

I did a stupid and had the charging harness (bullets from the battery to a deans, then deans to bullets to the charger) all plugged together and then into the battery and failed to realize what I had done, so the bullet ends to the charger briefly (like 1-2 seconds if that) touched each other... I realize that could create a short in the battery, but for that little amount of time did I do any damage?

The pack charged fine @ 5A with like .024 v cell difference.

Thanks!
As someone who almost burned their house down once already, my general rule is, if the charger is willing to balance charge it and its not puffed. Good to go. If it won't balance charge it, at least pop it open and have a look. Probably not a good idea to charge it on a wooden bench!
Old 12-27-2014, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Any suggestions on what oil to run in a gear diff? I'm using 3000 right now but thought about trying 1000 or even 35-weight shock oil.

On a separate - but possibly related - note, my car is working well on a large and relatively loose track except for the middle of 3 long carousel corners. Right in the middle of each of these, the car wants to break loose unpredictably. Each of them are long, constant arcs when you're turning for 1-2 seconds. I thought perhaps the diff oil might be too thick and not letting the wheels turn independently enough in these sweeping corners and thus breaking loose at the slightest addition of throttle? The setup is essentially Cav's spektrum setup. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dog Runner
Any suggestions on what oil to run in a gear diff? I'm using 3000 right now but thought about trying 1000 or even 35-weight shock oil.

On a separate - but possibly related - note, my car is working well on a large and relatively loose track except for the middle of 3 long carousel corners. Right in the middle of each of these, the car wants to break loose unpredictably. Each of them are long, constant arcs when you're turning for 1-2 seconds. I thought perhaps the diff oil might be too thick and not letting the wheels turn independently enough in these sweeping corners and thus breaking loose at the slightest addition of throttle? The setup is essentially Cav's spektrum setup. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.
The link above from petitrc is an excellent read on setup and mentions what to do with sweepers.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:10 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mojo 309
Mamba Max pro and the 1410 kv3800 4 pole motor good choice or bad choice for this buggy or a Mamba Max pro and a 10.5 or 8.5 motor running indoor on a clay track which combo would be better?
I would not do the 4 pole motor for sure. A 10.5 or 8.5 will be good. Using a sensored setup would be better. The MMP won't be as smooth as a sensored setup, you will notice the difference in a 2wd buggy.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:10 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER
has anyone tried the gear diff on dirt track yet? trying to figure out if it will work on med grip dirt track? thanks
It would work great with the right oil.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Carlson
It would work great with the right oil.
thanks what do u think would be a good oil for a med bite tight track
Old 12-28-2014, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bambambennett
It seems local to me here in Socal, RM is gaining popularity again. Last Saturday only 3 stock MM but 23 RM. I have been gone for a few months. Interesting since I was ready to pull the trigger on a MM. Might not now cause my buggy is dialed.
Ran mine for the 1st time yesterday at OCRC. Didn't due any tuning since i didn't have a ton of time. It has been a while since i had been to the track and the car felt good. Didn't really find myself looking for anything. Someone faster may have a different opinion but it was nice to leave the track with a little confidence in switching to RM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.