Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdogg
Will the MM arms give me anymore steering? My car is pushing more than I'm looking for more rear traction.
Im not gonna say it will give you so much steering its gonna be crazy, but i did notice a feel in steering switching back and forth. I personally like the MM rear arms. There are other things you can do to gain forward bite if you need it but the kit arms I feel give the car a more predictable feel, just my experience.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up B5M

The car is fantastic right out of the box! I run on a loose clay track and the only thing I noticed right off hand was it needed a little more on power steering. Just some camber link adjustments took care of that though. I would highly recommend the B5M and you can get it at Amain.com on sale this week for Black Friday. Also check out my review and others of it on Amain.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JFuel11
I am curious what your thoughts may be on the following:

My B5M is almost perfect. We run on a medium to lower traction surface indoors. The B5M has been fantastic taking the win last weekend. I would like to obtain just a little more rear grip or forward bite upon corner exit. The car tends to step out a little bit right when you pick up the throttle on exit. Keep in mind again car is really good and this can be managed with throttle, however I was curious what a few of you thing of these options... I will test some later this week as well.

1. Go down in rear spring rate to allow rear to drop faster on throttle currently on white and may try green.
2. Go down in rear shock oil. Currently at 30 may try 27.5 with the 1.6 piston
3. Go down to 0 degrees anti-squat vs current 1 degree
4. Go up in front spring rate as I am currently on green and may go up to white or gray.
5. Move battery back as it is one foam from back position now.

Being car is still rotating off corner would a role center change improve this as well. I am running Schelle Caster Plate in up position with no shims.

Thanks!

JRF
I race in Australia and we have a huge range of traction conditions, even on the one track on the one day! Ive found that the MM is as fast as the RM on loose conditions, and much faster as the grip comes up. We cant change cars during the day so I basically only run my 5M and tune it for the conditions.

The optimum change will depend on whether the car is still loaded up in the corner when you are applying power, or whether it is on the exit of a hairpin where it is a more pure forward acceleration situation.

I would sugggest:
- move the battery back (and/or use the brass c pivot). This will give the biggest change in forward traction on exit and after tight corners, but can cause some on power push in higher grip. Use RM arms with short wheelbase for a little more forward traction. (Note: when the track gets really slippery I use a brass D pivot, and sometimes 10-20g behind the tower. With an LP servo, this weight bias is similar to RM but with the mass more centralised. The great thing about MM is its easy to take weight off the rear as the grip comes up).
- for springs I use green/green in lower traction, white/white in med traction, and white fr/green rr for more rear traction. Using softer rear springs will help rear traction through the corner, not so much difference in a straight line.
- personally I prefer 2 deg anti-squat as it feels more direct on corner exit in lower traction, but can take away a little rear grip mid corner.
- A lower rear roll centre will help, but it sounds like you are already quite low.

I run rear ride height 1mm lower than the front, and the rear shocks on the inner hole of the tower.
Make sure the diff isnt too loose, as its much easier to diff out an MM than a RM.

Hope this helps.

ray
Old 11-24-2014, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

When I went to rm arms my car would square up faster to throttle up. the other day for the rm arms square up faster then mm arms. the other day, first time my car was almost squaring up too fast on a 180 you have to take tight. Was thinking of trying mm arms again.

Anybody running slipper eliminator with kimbrough spur, we have a small track, small jumps and super smooth was thinking of trying. What is the difference between eliminator and just tightening down slipper all the way?
Old 11-24-2014, 11:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cridd
Anybody running slipper eliminator with kimbrough spur, we have a small track, small jumps and super smooth was thinking of trying. What is the difference between eliminator and just tightening down slipper all the way?
A big reduction in rotating mass. I run the exotek eliminator and a KM-150 spur, and I love it. Car spools up faster for sure.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porter
Skrichter, you are reading the numbers incorrectly... He is running the C block that would give 3* inboard toe, and 1.5* rear anti squat.
Correct -- I did interpret that incorrectly.

What I meant to ask is how he got 1.5deg of antisquat. I'm assuming you are using some sort of shimming (since AE only has 1,2,3 degrees of squat available for tuning).
Old 11-25-2014, 10:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by thecman26
I have an easy way to start new ball cups.
If you have a body reamer, open up the very end just a tad. If you don't an X-Acto blade can do the same thing being careful. squirt a lil black grease inside and thread on the turnbuckle. thread them on and off several times to get the threads cut in well and you should be good to go! Wipe off any excess grease after your done!
Thanks everyone. I ended up having to call AE. They said they have had a handful like that. They are sending me replacements. Thought I was going crazy there for awhile!
Old 11-25-2014, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Bump... Sorry accidentally unsubscribed... Had to bump to subscribe again... Lol
Old 11-25-2014, 10:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deftones.jt@gma
Bump... Sorry accidentally unsubscribed... Had to bump to subscribe again... Lol
You know you can just hit the subscribe button without posting right....

Old 11-25-2014, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Old 11-25-2014, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
You know you can just hit the subscribe button without posting right....

Yeah i did... Had a "durr" moment sorry!!
Old 11-25-2014, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Just bought a B5M, whats the definate parts that are needed? options as well?
Old 11-25-2014, 11:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jarred King
Electronics
Inserts
Tires
Lexan Paint
Old 11-26-2014, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

This is a question that you will get all kinds of answers to.

But my opinion is the only things you need to get for this car to be extremely competitive in stock or mod is the flat arms and tower and the b5 rear motor rear arms (those are not a must but deff allow you to drive the car harder bc they give you more grip). I would also recommend getting a Schelle bearing kit bc the stock bearings suck! Also get some aluminum hexes for the rear of the car. And last get either the Schelle Nova slipper or a V2 associated slipper bc the VTS is not a very consistent slipper, it really is to much for a 2wd car.

Now if you're running stock I would recommend a puck system and an aluminum top shaft, only bc the mid motor is a little on the heavy side and this will not only take away some weight but it also lightens your drive train so you can get up to speed faster.

These are really the only things you need for the car. The car is extremely competitive out of the box these things just help it be even more competitive.

Hope this helps!
Old 11-26-2014, 06:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

You don't need much, but I have a list on the first page that may help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.