Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
which motor for losi 22 >

which motor for losi 22

which motor for losi 22

Old 12-19-2013, 07:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default which motor for losi 22

I bought my son a losi 22 for christmas. Im pretty new to the sport. Which motor would work best in the losi. I was leaning towards a 17.5 turn cause he plans on racing it. I dont want to waste money on a smaller motor just to pay to get a bigger one dowm the road. What is the biggest motor you could put in the losi? Thanks
Old 12-19-2013, 07:25 PM
JsK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian87gt View Post
I bought my son a losi 22 for christmas. Im pretty new to the sport. Which motor would work best in the losi. I was leaning towards a 17.5 turn cause he plans on racing it. I dont want to waste money on a smaller motor just to pay to get a bigger one dowm the road. What is the biggest motor you could put in the losi? Thanks
If he is going to race then I would assume they will put him in a novice class. Those are generally a run what you bring. The next step up would be either 17.5 or 13.5 depending on what class gets run in your area. Either would be a good choice for a novice and would allow him to move into a more buggy specific class and not have to buy a new motor. Maybe check with your local track.