Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Help with Tekin motor differences please >

Help with Tekin motor differences please

Help with Tekin motor differences please

Reply

Old 12-18-2013, 11:39 AM
  #1  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (36)
 
hoyt1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 360
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Help with Tekin motor differences please

Can someone explain the difference in the Tekin "buggy" and "truggy" motors to me. I'm building an 1/8th scale buggy, I purchased a used Tekin 1900kv motor and esc. The box is labeled "truggy motor" so will this still work fine in my buggy, or should I sell and look for another.
hoyt1967 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:53 AM
  #2  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (53)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Belleville, MI
Posts: 4,518
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hoyt1967 View Post
Can someone explain the difference in the Tekin "buggy" and "truggy" motors to me. I'm building an 1/8th scale buggy, I purchased a used Tekin 1900kv motor and esc. The box is labeled "truggy motor" so will this still work fine in my buggy, or should I sell and look for another.
Tekin truggy motors are longer than buggy motors. Tekin does not make a 1900kv motor in truggy size, maybe the box is mislabeled?
nv529 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:54 AM
  #3  
Tech Elite
 
UK.hardcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belgium.
Posts: 2,201
Default

If the motor in the box has 1900 on it it's good.

Buggy motor is 69mm, truggy motors are longer by 8mm i believe.
UK.hardcore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:39 PM
  #4  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (36)
 
hoyt1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 360
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nv529 View Post
Tekin truggy motors are longer than buggy motors. Tekin does not make a 1900kv motor in truggy size, maybe the box is mislabeled?
My bad, its a 2000kv truggy motor. So if it is a little longer, will it still perform equally?? Or why would they make it slightly longer?

Thanks!!
hoyt1967 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:57 PM
  #5  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norcal
Posts: 789
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hoyt1967 View Post
My bad, its a 2000kv truggy motor. So if it is a little longer, will it still perform equally?? Or why would they make it slightly longer?

Thanks!!
more torque with a longer rotor.
nicholasxuu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:55 PM
  #6  
Tech Master
iTrader: (48)
 
kcooper273's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mason, Michigan
Posts: 1,183
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Depending on the buggy, there are a few where the Truggy motor won't fit. Which kit is it?
kcooper273 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:01 PM
  #7  
Team Tekin
iTrader: (6)
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,868
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

In general if your buggy has a rear mounted motor, the truggy motors fit. Losi, Mugen, Kyosho,etc.

IF the motor is forward mounted ala HotBodies Ve8, S works, Tekno, etc. It will likely not fit.

Truggy motors are longer to provide more torque.
Randy_Pike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:41 PM
  #8  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (36)
 
hoyt1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 360
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kcooper273 View Post
Depending on the buggy, there are a few where the Truggy motor won't fit. Which kit is it?
Its in a Tekno EB48, the motor fit in fine, just noticed on the box it was labeled "truggy" combo.
hoyt1967 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service