Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Kyosho MP9e TK1 or TLR 8ight 3.0e >

Kyosho MP9e TK1 or TLR 8ight 3.0e

Kyosho MP9e TK1 or TLR 8ight 3.0e

Old 12-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho MP9e TK1 or TLR 8ight 3.0e

Hi All

I can’t make up my mind on which one to go for. I need to hear from people who have driven both or either one. If I could afford to buy both and compare myself, believe me I would. Tell me your likes and dislike on these two. Is the Kyosho worth the extra money over the losi.

I want a car that I can drive for the next year or more without feeling the need to want and try another brand.

I’m not interested in any other buggy other than these two.

Please help…. Thanks you.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Obviously the only way for you to know yourself is to have both. I currently own both and have been going back and forth for what brand to run for next year. I like the Losi better overall than the Kyosho but I also run nitro, which is my priority, and I like the Kyosho nitro better than the Losi nitro so I am sticking with Kyosho....I think.

They really are both very good cars and equally capable. I have more fun driving the Losi and can also turn slightly better lap times with the Losi but I am much more consistent with the Kyosho. The Losi naturally has a loose rear which is why its so aggressive and fun to drive. The Kyosho has a more planted feel to it, feels a little boring while driving, but thats why I can be more consistent with it. The kyosho is easier to work on, mainly removing the diffs. The Losi is more durable.

I could go on for a while about other little things but these are the most important, to me at least.

All that being said, this my MY OPINION
Old 12-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Rookie

And thank you for sharing your opinion Diff balls, that's the sort of information I'm after.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Diff Balls
Obviously the only way for you to know yourself is to have both. I currently own both and have been going back and forth for what brand to run for next year. I like the Losi better overall than the Kyosho but I also run nitro, which is my priority, and I like the Kyosho nitro better than the Losi nitro so I am sticking with Kyosho....I think.

They really are both very good cars and equally capable. I have more fun driving the Losi and can also turn slightly better lap times with the Losi but I am much more consistent with the Kyosho. The Losi naturally has a loose rear which is why its so aggressive and fun to drive. The Kyosho has a more planted feel to it, feels a little boring while driving, but thats why I can be more consistent with it. The kyosho is easier to work on, mainly removing the diffs. The Losi is more durable.

I could go on for a while about other little things but these are the most important, to me at least.

All that being said, this my MY OPINION
those all sound like very factual points, good information.

I like kyosho, just not the price, for example, i was looking through parts for a strr truggy, a new "better version" tower to upgrade to an eve was 80 bucks. I just thought to myself, 80 bucks,one tower, or a few new hudy drivers. hmmm
Old 12-16-2013, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Both good cars. The Kyosho has superior quality. The fitment is awesome. My car after a season is tighter than my new Losi eight was. You will never feel a drivetrain that free and easy to turn. You wont find shocks that good and smooth anywhere(and everybody loves the springs on any car). Look at every bodies setup for the kyosho and they are practically the same every track every driver, super easy and proven out of the gate. Price is the only con but I promise it wont disappoint. Very easy to drive
Old 12-16-2013, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Old 12-16-2013, 03:07 PM
Tech Champion

for over 700 dollars, that kyosho better be easy to drive.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The new 3.0E is not sloppy at all...... Its actually too tight.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=ThePanda;12818685]for over 700 dollars, that kyosho better be easy to drive. [/QUOTE

the kyosho cost about $200 more, but comes with aluminum front and rear hubs, aluminum front plate, aluminum battery tray. If you were to upgrade the Losi, it would cost more! I've owned both and was definitely faster and more consistent with Kyosho.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Vinny might want to change your pic then...lol From TLR to Kyosho haha j/k i am also looking at both these buggies, never thought much of Losi as I always heard they are a lot to keep slop out and stay fresh...But saw the 3.0 in action and it was fast, looked almost to fast for most drivers lol
Old 12-16-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The 3.0E is nothing like the 2.0. Anybody comparing the kyosho to the 2.0 needs to specify if they are doing so. The 3.0 is exponentially better than its former.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:49 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vinny Cancilla
aluminum battery tray
What is that good for?
Old 12-17-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Vinny Cancilla
Originally Posted by ThePanda
for over 700 dollars, that kyosho better be easy to drive.
the kyosho cost about $200 more, but comes with aluminum front and rear hubs, aluminum front plate, aluminum battery tray. If you were to upgrade the Losi, it would cost more! I've owned both and was definitely faster and more consistent with Kyosho.
the kyosho doesn't use an aluminum battery tray, it uses a standard plastic tray.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by symmetricon
The 3.0E is nothing like the 2.0. Anybody comparing the kyosho to the 2.0 needs to specify if they are doing so. The 3.0 is exponentially better than its former.
+1

i cant say much for kyosho as ive never driven a buggy of theirs, but i can tell u i am absolutely in love with my 3.0e, from turning to jumping to just the overall drive it really blew my mind away. (im actually beginning to think this chassis is an unfair advantage to me at my track)

im in fact yet to read or hear about an unsatisfied 3.0e customer

on another note ive been back and forth between choosing from 5/6 top buggies and i finally narrowed it down to the tekno eb48 and the tlr 3.0e

im convinced losi copied teknos platform in some ways which isnt a bad thing, but i reckon between tlr and tekno, they currently make the best 1/8 e buggies on the market.

hope u find what u looking for!
Old 12-17-2013, 03:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JSmith48
Hi All

I can’t make up my mind on which one to go for. I need to hear from people who have driven both or either one. If I could afford to buy both and compare myself, believe me I would. Tell me your likes and dislike on these two. Is the Kyosho worth the extra money over the losi.

I want a car that I can drive for the next year or more without feeling the need to want and try another brand.

I’m not interested in any other buggy other than these two.

Please help…. Thanks you.
I drove an MP9e at a big outdoor track. Good buggy, but it wasn't far and away better than other buggies I have driven. It has very high quality fit and finish and very well made. It's expensive though and parts draw a premium price. Durable, but no car is proof against major crashes. If you have one, be prepared to pay a kings ransom in parts to fix it.

Never driven the 3.0.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.