Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread >

Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOLISARIO View Post
I was thinking maybe if it would be just as durable with the plate attached only to the 4 holes under the bulkhead so it also looks like a skid plate and have it tapered where the bend starts on the chassis?
It's possible, and honestly I think the real issue is the bulkhead screws myself. I think the pressure on them hold the top plate (front screws) and the bulkhead together puts too much stress on the plastic chassis in the beveled screw pocket, and that pressure just needs a little twang and it lets loose. Every broken chassis I have seen has been right through one of the holes. I think if the chassis were weak in the kick up area, at least one would have broken elsewhere. What I am saying/thinking is the large washer (chassis plate) that I made is more than I believe is needed, and the fact that my screws are no longer spreading that part of the chassis apart is more of a cure than the whole plate I am using.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone know why everyone is out of stock on idler gears and diff gears? I stripped an idler gear and did get two from Desoto, but everyone else is out of stock. I ordered 2 diff gears also, but no one, even Desoto, had those in stock. Anyway, still an awesome car.

chris
Old 04-12-2014, 04:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Chris K. View Post
Does anyone know why everyone is out of stock on idler gears and diff gears? I stripped an idler gear and did get two from Desoto, but everyone else is out of stock. I ordered 2 diff gears also, but no one, even Desoto, had those in stock. Anyway, still an awesome car.

chris
Gear diff still not released by serpent. I emailed them and they said in 2 weeks the diff will be announced and released.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Anyone else find serpent rear springs very long and struggle to get a low ride hight?
I'm going to try the core rc springs from schumacher have a set from my 4wd.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnboy282012 View Post
Gear diff still not released by serpent. I emailed them and they said in 2 weeks the diff will be announced and released.
I think he wanted gears for the ball diff, not a gear diff.......
Old 04-12-2014, 06:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mdoc View Post
I think he wanted gears for the ball diff, not a gear diff.......
Yeah, that is correct. I am wondering why the gears for the ball diff are out of stock everywhere. I did get the two idler gears I needed from Desoto, but the shipping time is killing me, and I think since they refunded me $7.60 which was the price of the 2 diff gears I ordered, I am guessing they are not in stock, but I never got a response from them.

Also, my shocks were getting worse, I put a new set of o-rings in and they leaked bad, so I am now rebuilding them using 4 o-rings, Serpent o-rings to replace the plastic spacer and the Traxxas o-rings on the ends to hopefully stop the leaks.

Chris
Old 04-12-2014, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnboy282012 View Post
Anyone else find serpent rear springs very long and struggle to get a low ride hight?
I'm going to try the core rc springs from schumacher have a set from my 4wd.
The length is fine for "standard" ride heights for 2wd buggy, 22-25mm. To get much lower than that, as is usual in carpet racing, you need different springs. Most other BB springs fit, I know first hand that AE and Losi fit perfectly. The only ones I'm positive do not fit are Durango springs which have a smaller ID and do not fit the spring cups/preload collars.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by L.DENG View Post
Hi mate, how to get the new version chassis in AUS?

Cheers
Jay from Walters organised it for me under warranty from Serpent. Excellent customer service from both Walters and Serpent.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
Jay from Walters organised it for me under warranty from Serpent. Excellent customer service from both Walters and Serpent.
I bought my SRX-2 RM from Walters too, and their service is very well. I just wondering even my old version chassis still solid, I can still get a new version chassis from Serpent?

Cheers
Old 04-12-2014, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

yes, but if your old one doesn't break(mine hasn't)I think you would have to buy it as a spare......
Old 04-13-2014, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
It's possible, and honestly I think the real issue is the bulkhead screws myself. I think the pressure on them hold the top plate (front screws) and the bulkhead together puts too much stress on the plastic chassis in the beveled screw pocket, and that pressure just needs a little twang and it lets loose. Every broken chassis I have seen has been right through one of the holes. I think if the chassis were weak in the kick up area, at least one would have broken elsewhere. What I am saying/thinking is the large washer (chassis plate) that I made is more than I believe is needed, and the fact that my screws are no longer spreading that part of the chassis apart is more of a cure than the whole plate I am using.
I think the plate helps spread the load across all 4 screws of the kick up area. So the next weak link is the top plate. I don't mind breaking the top plate or arms in a big crash than a whole chassis. Much easier,quicker and cheaper to replace.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOLISARIO View Post
I think the plate helps spread the load across all 4 screws of the kick up area. So the next weak link is the top plate. I don't mind breaking the top plate or arms in a big crash than a whole chassis. Much easier,quicker and cheaper to replace.
Agreed, and that was what I witnessed first hand, landed awkwardly left front wheel first, and took out the top plate only. ** Love the avatar by the way **
Old 04-13-2014, 11:55 PM
Tech Regular

Has anyone tried AE 12mm Big Bore Tapered Shock Piston on your SRX-2 yet? or other piston can directly work on SRX-2 shocks? Looking for some tapered shock piston fit srx-2 for trying. Thank you!

Jason
Old 04-14-2014, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Serpent has some.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RCmayor View Post
Serpent has some.
Yeah, but price is not that nice and you need to drill the hole for the size you want.

Cheers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.