Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread >

Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 04:27 PM
  #946  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
hopsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,169
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default

Got my MM together...trying to make it to the track this weekend for a shakedown and testing. Was going to hit up JBRL at IERC but won't be able to make it....



EKD Paint will have my race body this weekend to do up my colors....
hopsing is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 04:45 PM
  #947  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (520)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,366
Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)
Default

Nice looking weather you have there Hopsing..Im jealous..
flame56mx is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 04:46 PM
  #948  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (76)
 
tony montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Leonardtown Md.
Posts: 6,352
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

anyone run typo's yet? Was wanting to try them but I see they use aka evo wheels only? Will they work on our cars?
tony montana is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 05:00 PM
  #949  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
jkirkwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,241
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
anyone run typo's yet? Was wanting to try them but I see they use aka evo wheels only? Will they work on our cars?
Yes but you will need to dremel the hex on the wheel a bit to get the wheel to fit without rubbing the spindle. http://pittables.blogspot.com/2013/1...tml?q=hexlight

It's an easy modification to the wheel.
jkirkwood is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 05:13 PM
  #950  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
hopsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,169
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default

Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
Nice looking weather you have there Hopsing..Im jealous..
Be very jealous! It was sunny and over 70 today.... supposed to be in the 80's for the next 3-4 days ;-)
hopsing is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 05:17 PM
  #951  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
hopsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,169
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
anyone run typo's yet? Was wanting to try them but I see they use aka evo wheels only? Will they work on our cars?
What Jared said...the AKA EVO wheels will fit, just need to dremel the fronts a little to thin out the hex area so it won't rub the spindle.

FYI, I asked Mark @ AKA why the Hexlite wheel has a narrow hex (that works fine on the Serpent) but the EVO has a deep hex. He said that everyone complained about the narrow hex so when he designed the EVO front wheel he made the hex deeper.....and then the Seprent comes out...LOL.
hopsing is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 05:33 PM
  #952  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (520)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,366
Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hopsing View Post
Be very jealous! It was sunny and over 70 today.... supposed to be in the 80's for the next 3-4 days ;-)
lol, got all the way up to 29 here today, freaking heat wave compared to what its been the last few weeks, lots of numbers and they all started with -
flame56mx is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 07:23 PM
  #953  
Tech Master
iTrader: (57)
 
BOLISARIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: S. Corona
Posts: 1,762
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hopsing View Post
Be very jealous! It was sunny and over 70 today.... supposed to be in the 80's for the next 3-4 days ;-)
Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
lol, got all the way up to 29 here today, freaking heat wave compared to what its been the last few weeks, lots of numbers and they all started with -
Yes we've had great weather in SoCal since January but at the expense of a serious statewide drought. It's great for RC though.
BOLISARIO is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 07:29 PM
  #954  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (164)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 4,538
Trader Rating: 164 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BOLISARIO View Post
Yes we've had great weather in SoCal since January but at the expense of a serious statewide drought. It's great for RC though.
Drought or nice weather for racing... Kind of a toss up.
jpcopeland1 is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 07:30 PM
  #955  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
hopsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,169
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BOLISARIO View Post
Yes we've had great weather in SoCal since January but at the expense of a serious statewide drought. It's great for RC though.
Except for dumping 5 inches of rain on us in two days last week....... We needed it though!
hopsing is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 07:50 PM
  #956  
Tech Master
iTrader: (57)
 
BOLISARIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: S. Corona
Posts: 1,762
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hopsing View Post
Except for dumping 5 inches of rain on us in two days last week....... We needed it though!
For sure!



Is that the stock wing you're using? It looks like there's barely a cut out for clearing the rear shocks. Did you move the wing back a bit? I had to clear mine past the outline to clear my shocks.
BOLISARIO is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 08:09 PM
  #957  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
hopsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,169
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BOLISARIO View Post
For sure!



Is that the stock wing you're using? It looks like there's barely a cut out for clearing the rear shocks. Did you move the wing back a bit? I had to clear mine past the outline to clear my shocks.

Stock wing moved back about 13mm....... I have several wings to try out....stock 7 inch, stock 6.5 mounted in the factory dimples, the one on the car that's moved back and JC high clearance 6.5.
hopsing is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 09:13 PM
  #958  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Kellen Guthrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 599
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hopsing View Post
Got my MM together...trying to make it to the track this weekend for a shakedown and testing. Was going to hit up JBRL at IERC but won't be able to make it....



EKD Paint will have my race body this weekend to do up my colors....
Looks good. Ill be at jbrl saturday. I was gonna go tomorrow for practice but ocrc is across the street.
Kellen Guthrie is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 09:29 PM
  #959  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
hopsing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,169
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kellen Guthrie View Post
Looks good. Ill be at jbrl saturday. I was gonna go tomorrow for practice but ocrc is across the street.
I need to get up to OCRC again one of these days. Haven't been there in forever. We need to have Serpent day...get Truhe and Schreffler to come out
hopsing is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 10:19 PM
  #960  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Kellen Guthrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 599
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hopsing View Post
I need to get up to OCRC again one of these days. Haven't been there in forever. We need to have Serpent day...get Truhe and Schreffler to come out
Yeah that would be awesome. I talked to Truhe today and Joaquin Desoto. They were both at OCRC. Mr. Desoto is a super nice guy! But as far as the serpent day Truhe said he's doing cactus, then psycho nitro blast, then silver state. He's got a busy schedule him and Schreffler are running a lot of nitro.
Kellen Guthrie is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.