Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread >

Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxracer71 View Post
i have some leaky shocks, i know serpent updated theres and i know xrings will fit also,anyone try the 22 or ae seals? i have some on order but in case we get in a bind and was curious if the others will work as well.
As Chris said you might try a .5 mm shim or maybe a bit less. I actually used just a .3 mm to take out a bit of weeping from my shocks. Be careful not not go too much with the shims as you'll bind the seal pack and have a worst performing shock.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I need some help. I have been running the mm for 2 weeks now and for the life of me I can not get a setup to work good. I run on Crc race carpet with wooden jumps. Track is 65*45 pretty fast as we run 10.5 and 8.5. I previously ran a Durango and had that car dialed. I have tried stock setup and pretty much everything I can think of but no luck. The car either pushes and have no on power steering or it turns on a dime and traction rolls. If anyone has a setup sheet for carpet it would be great.
Thanks
Old 02-20-2014, 12:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by chad508 View Post
I need some help. I have been running the mm for 2 weeks now and for the life of me I can not get a setup to work good. I run on Crc race carpet with wooden jumps. Track is 65*45 pretty fast as we run 10.5 and 8.5. I previously ran a Durango and had that car dialed. I have tried stock setup and pretty much everything I can think of but no luck. The car either pushes and have no on power steering or it turns on a dime and traction rolls. If anyone has a setup sheet for carpet it would be great.
Thanks
We race on carpet during the winter over here in the UK (prima felt GT at my local club) the track is about 30 x 16 metres and has some small wooden ramps dotted around. Only raced my MM for 3 nights so far but initial impressions are very good, built well and no hop ups needed. Setup wise the pink springs that come with the car were way too stiff for the track I race at, and I was struggling for mid corner speed.

At the moment my setup is kit apart from: Schumacher Yellow Mini Pins Rear, Schumacher yellow low profile cut staggers on the front. Orange Serpent springs all round and an extra 5 degrees of castor on the hub. I run a 8.5t motor with reasonably heavy saddle pack lipos, car weighed 1620g but Iím thinking about adding 20g to the front.

The car was dialled on Saturday when we had one of our bigger meetings and really easy to drive consistently. Compared to other 2wdís at my club my car is still reasonably stiff despite the orange springs all round but I donít really want to soften it any more.

Hope this is of some help
Old 02-20-2014, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Some new paint for the Serpent buggies
Old 02-20-2014, 01:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DanielC. View Post
Very nice!
Old 02-20-2014, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DanielC. View Post
Wow! Who did the awesome paint work?
Old 02-20-2014, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elex300 View Post
Wow! Who did the awesome paint work?
The same person who provided the image hosting
Old 02-20-2014, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ok guys just built my mm serpent. Now I know in the book its doesnt say to put any grease or anything in the transmission gears. Would it be beneficial to do that or not?
Old 02-20-2014, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rrussell View Post
Ok guys just built my mm serpent. Now I know in the book its doesnt say to put any grease or anything in the transmission gears. Would it be beneficial to do that or not?
Its not necessary. Some people put a few drops of like 20k diff fluid on the diff gear to quiet the transmission. I prefer the gears to be dry so they dont collect dust.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is anyone running serpent springs on med to high bite clay? I never really gave them a chance since I didnt like how low the coil count was. After seeing how much grip the car manufactures i was thinking of trying them. Any suggestions on extra springs to pick up besides the kit ones?
Old 02-20-2014, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks
Post your setup. What tires/inserts are you running? Is the carpet Ozite?
Old 02-20-2014, 10:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks
I ran carpet last week for first time with MM, just normal cheap carpet.

tyres were Dboots nanobytes rear and Schumacher blocks front

Shock oil std

front brass bulkhead

springs on front purple
rear AE grey springs (lower ride height ability)

Shock tower position front 4th hole in
Shock bottom front outside

rear tower and shock std

All depends on carpet grip to start with and what tyres you are using but this was good for me I came 4th in A-Finals

I will play around a bit more next time but this was a good start, I had help from jkirkwood here on RCTech :-) and changed from there
Old 02-21-2014, 07:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kellen Guthrie View Post
Is anyone running serpent springs on med to high bite clay? I never really gave them a chance since I didnt like how low the coil count was. After seeing how much grip the car manufactures i was thinking of trying them. Any suggestions on extra springs to pick up besides the kit ones?
All I heard is blues on the back.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kellen Guthrie View Post
We definitely like the Blue rear spring, haven't felt a need to go any firmer or softer on the front spring yet. Our track is high bite, and even when traction drops off it has more bite than almost anywhere I've been.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxracer71 View Post
i have some leaky shocks, i know serpent updated theres and i know xrings will fit also,anyone try the 22 or ae seals? i have some on order but in case we get in a bind and was curious if the others will work as well.
I tried ae they are od is wrong. Kyosho clear xrings and green slime. Zero leakage. Mine are close to six weeks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.