Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread >

Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 10:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DanielC. View Post
Maiden run in the books! Ran well, but not a huge fan of the stock shock setup for my track. Feels over dampened. Gonna try a more traditional oil/piston combo next time
Great, do you have a RM also? Curious how you thought it handled compared to the RM if you have one.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I'd say the rear motor is definitely more dialed in from the box. It handles similar to the RM with more corner speed and less forward bite. Makes sense since it's the same front end. Lighter shock package will be the ticket and maybe some tweaks to the Ackerman. It felt very balanced though, and it was predictable getting on power mid corner/exit. Steering just felt a little numb because of the aforementioned damping
Old 01-24-2014, 10:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FastPete View Post
I see white rod ends.
They are a light grey. They are updated rod ends that they were testing. I think that they came in the new MM kit but don't quote me on that.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kellen Guthrie View Post
They are a light grey. They are updated rod ends that they were testing. I think that they came in the new MM kit but don't quote me on that.
Don't look like it in Daniels pics, was just curious.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Mine are a matte finish unlike the glossy ones from my other car. Lawn darted a couple times in practice with no issue. Transmission case is going to be updated btw.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Maiden voyage tonight as well. Needs some work but i love this car. Some little minor issues, but nothing that couldn't be overcome during the build.

Played around with Truhe's setup he is running at the Reedy race. A little higher bite out there compared to here. Its going to be a VERY competitive car, that's for sure.

I have the RM as well, and while I think each has their benefits and places they'd work best at, I'm very happy with it on our medium bite hard packed dirt track

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:04 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm having trouble with the servo horn binding on the top plate. Running a GM low profile servo. Anyone else had that issue with there servos?
Old 01-25-2014, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnboy282012 View Post
I'm having trouble with the servo horn binding on the top plate. Running a GM low profile servo. Anyone else had that issue with there servos?
You probably need to add another shim or two between the servo and the servo mounts to space the servo forward some more. And make sure your servo is flush against the bottom of the chassis as well.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:18 AM
Tech Initiate

The servo is a low as can get it. Will add more shims have number 2 and number 3 in will try adding number 4 see what that does
Old 01-25-2014, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
Maiden voyage tonight as well. Needs some work but i love this car. Some little minor issues, but nothing that couldn't be overcome during the build.

Played around with Truhe's setup he is running at the Reedy race. A little higher bite out there compared to here. Its going to be a VERY competitive car, that's for sure.

I have the RM as well, and while I think each has their benefits and places they'd work best at, I'm very happy with it on our medium bite hard packed dirt track

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Where can we see Truhe's setup sheet?
Old 01-25-2014, 06:41 AM
Tech Addict

Setup is on petitrc

It is really high bite out there so its an ok starting point forsome tracks. But I think you'll find yourself moving away from it with some small adjustments.

Personally, I took 2mm out of the rear inner camber links and the rear felt alot more locked in. I tried a red front spring and it helped some low-mid speed cornering but we have a huge sweeper right after the straight, which is right after a wall ride so we have some huge speed going into it. The front would roll over with that red spring and hook hard and cause it to get a bit loose. But it was unpredictable. With the pink spring up front I will need to play with some other changes to get the low-mid corner steering I need. More than likely play with the ackerman since I played with it on my RM car and REALLY liked how the #3 worked.

I also played with shorty all the way back vs. saddle. I remembered I had a saddle laying in my bad from my wheeler so charged it up for the main and the car felt alot better. Harder to explain but it just felt more "balanced".

I'm still running the AKA Typos in clay so maybe the setup would work better with a bar style tire

Last edited by Crawlin; 01-25-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Quick one what recommend a pinion running 7.5lrp x20 and standard spur 78t was thinking a 21t
Old 01-25-2014, 07:42 AM
Tech Addict

On my track I'm at a 19t with the 78t and still at 70% on the EPA and its a rocket. I run an ORCA TX 7.5

we are a med size indoor track
Old 01-25-2014, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
Setup is on petitrc

It is really high bite out there so its an ok starting point forsome tracks. But I think you'll find yourself moving away from it with some small adjustments.

Personally, I took 2mm out of the rear inner camber links and the rear felt alot more locked in. I tried a red front spring and it helped some low-mid speed cornering but we have a huge sweeper right after the straight, which is right after a wall ride so we have some huge speed going into it. The front would roll over with that red spring and hook hard and cause it to get a bit loose. But it was unpredictable. With the pink spring up front I will need to play with some other changes to get the low-mid corner steering I need. More than likely play with the ackerman since I played with it on my RM car and REALLY liked how the #3 worked.

I also played with shorty all the way back vs. saddle. I remembered I had a saddle laying in my bad from my wheeler so charged it up for the main and the car felt alot better. Harder to explain but it just felt more "balanced".

I'm still running the AKA Typos in clay so maybe the setup would work better with a bar style tire

Thanks.

Looks like I'll have to buy some saddles now since it provides a better balanced ride. I was hoping I can get away with using the shorty packs I already have.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone else have a clay/mud like substance in their outdrives? Easy to clean but seems a little strange to me.

Wish the battery compartment allowed the shorties to run along the car instead of parallel. Wonder if I could just cut out that blocking section.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.