Old 12-11-2014, 07:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I use the AE LF springs and they are a direct fit. check A-Mains for part #
Old 12-11-2014, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by psycho02 View Post
Where is THE best place to get serpent parts?
www.serpentamerica.com. Sign up for the newsletter so you'll know when they are having specials, discount codes, etc. Otherwise, probably amain or absolutehobbyz
Old 12-11-2014, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by psycho02 View Post
Where is THE best place to get serpent parts?
www.igthobbies.com. More tire than not, cheaper than serpentamerica.com and if you spend more than $75, free shipping.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

ok guys, just read through the first 30 pages and still couldn't find my answer..

How many shims or how many mm's of shims do I need for a savox 1251mg low profile servo. Nothing in the manual. Thanks in advance.

Ben
Old 12-11-2014, 10:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Feetech standard size I use 2mm previous hitec LP servo used all shims.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:51 PM
Tech Adept

Can someone please give me some tips specifically on how to transition from driving a RM buggy to a MM buggy?

I'm still pretty new to RC, just starting racing back in May. I Started with a 22SCT and in June got a Serpent RM. I just got a MM last week because I have been seeing the success people have been having with them. My local track is an indoor carpet track so I thought it would be perfect. Well I spent all week prepping the car, setting it up the way I thought would work well and after a night of racing with it I want to sell it and return to the RM!

I'm going to give it about 4 more weeks before I actually do that to give it a real shot but I didn't realize how much different it was going to be. The big benefit to a MM car is the corner speed on high bite tracks. Well, on this carpet, I was able to corner much faster and on speed with my RM car.

In all honesty I'm just getting to the point where I really want to try different setups and tinker with settings. My RM was a stock setup and I just adjusted the ride height as low as it would go and I would just take it out and run it. After learning to drive a buggy from a SCT I did fairly well.

So now I put all this effort into the setup of, what should be, a superior car and end up doing worse!

My specific questions:
- Is driving a MM that much different than driving a RM?
- What specifically should I concentrate on doing different?
- What setup changes should I start with and work on as I improve with it?

Last night I had to take corners much slower than I would have with my RM. I could now power through them like I could with my RM. And even if I entered fast and let off the throttle I would traction roll. I felt no matter what I did, when I entered a corner I was going to traction roll. I use DBoots carpet pin tires as I always have with my RM and, right now, I'm going crazy. Help me out before I sell this thing!!!
Old 12-14-2014, 12:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

What's your setup now? Stock? Do you have to use those pins I find then too aggressive.
My setup is similar to Tony Es setup on petitrc.com
Old 12-14-2014, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

been racing my serpent mm for a few weeks now on an indoor track with a mix of clay and topsoil. the tire choice seems to be suburbs or ions super soft compound. my setup is super soft ions with standard kit setup running 17.5 class. my issue is when the track is completely clean traction is very good but once a dusting covers the track or at least towards the inside/outside I cant seem to keep the rear from spinning out and losing control.
any suggestions as to what I can do to help this? would adding weight help or maybe an adjustment somewhere?
oh and by the way since im new to racing this buggy has taken a beating like no other, and I have not broken one single part yet! its a pretty strong little buggy.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is it while braking or on throttle? Hows your slipper set and esc, punch settings?
Old 12-14-2014, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by onekiwi View Post
Is it while braking or on throttle? Hows your slipper set and esc, punch settings?
I have tried both off and also light to medium throttle. my slipper is set so when holding the rear wheels the front lifts about 3-4 inches also my punch settings are set to about 75%. as far as the diff goes im using the b-fast kit and it is super smooth.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by onekiwi View Post
What's your setup now? Stock? Do you have to use those pins I find then too aggressive.
My setup is similar to Tony Es setup on petitrc.com
I started with a setup very similar to this one:

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/serpent...s_MIO20141109/

You're the 2nd I've seen suggest Tony's setup so I think I'm going with that next.

The thing is, I used the dBoots for my RM with success. Now with this it's just awful.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

If it's lifting 3-4 inches that might be a bit tight for a track that can get loose. Are you clearing the biggest jump ok?
Billy Easton posted a 17.5 setup on the serpent Facebook page you can have a look at that.

Louie
I suggested that setup on Facebook as well
Old 12-15-2014, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by louie8269 View Post
Can someone please give me some tips specifically on how to transition from driving a RM buggy to a MM buggy?

I'm still pretty new to RC, just starting racing back in May. I Started with a 22SCT and in June got a Serpent RM. I just got a MM last week because I have been seeing the success people have been having with them. My local track is an indoor carpet track so I thought it would be perfect. Well I spent all week prepping the car, setting it up the way I thought would work well and after a night of racing with it I want to sell it and return to the RM!

I'm going to give it about 4 more weeks before I actually do that to give it a real shot but I didn't realize how much different it was going to be. The big benefit to a MM car is the corner speed on high bite tracks. Well, on this carpet, I was able to corner much faster and on speed with my RM car.

In all honesty I'm just getting to the point where I really want to try different setups and tinker with settings. My RM was a stock setup and I just adjusted the ride height as low as it would go and I would just take it out and run it. After learning to drive a buggy from a SCT I did fairly well.

So now I put all this effort into the setup of, what should be, a superior car and end up doing worse!

My specific questions:
- Is driving a MM that much different than driving a RM?
- What specifically should I concentrate on doing different?
- What setup changes should I start with and work on as I improve with it?

Last night I had to take corners much slower than I would have with my RM. I could now power through them like I could with my RM. And even if I entered fast and let off the throttle I would traction roll. I felt no matter what I did, when I entered a corner I was going to traction roll. I use DBoots carpet pin tires as I always have with my RM and, right now, I'm going crazy. Help me out before I sell this thing!!!
I assume you are racing at PT raceway? I would ask the owners son Anthony for his mm setup. He is a really good driver and has a good setup for that track.

Originally Posted by dynastorm View Post
been racing my serpent mm for a few weeks now on an indoor track with a mix of clay and topsoil. the tire choice seems to be suburbs or ions super soft compound. my setup is super soft ions with standard kit setup running 17.5 class. my issue is when the track is completely clean traction is very good but once a dusting covers the track or at least towards the inside/outside I cant seem to keep the rear from spinning out and losing control.
any suggestions as to what I can do to help this? would adding weight help or maybe an adjustment somewhere?
oh and by the way since im new to racing this buggy has taken a beating like no other, and I have not broken one single part yet! its a pretty strong little buggy.
Besides loosening your slipper like was mentioned, you can add some more toe in the rear on the hubs, move your rear hubs forward, use a shorty battery with it in the rear position. If you have any weight in the front of the car move it to the back or add some to the back. hope this helps!
Old 12-15-2014, 06:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post
I assume you are racing at PT raceway? I would ask the owners son Anthony for his mm setup. He is a really good driver and has a good setup for that track.

Besides loosening your slipper like was mentioned, you can add some more toe in the rear on the hubs, move your rear hubs forward, use a shorty battery with it in the rear position. If you have any weight in the front of the car move it to the back or add some to the back. hope this helps!
i will use billy's fast stock setup and also try your suggestions. thanks!
Old 12-15-2014, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I tried looking for Billy's fast 17.5 setup...could someone post a link. Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.