Search
Like Tree2Likes

Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
Why not just post them all here, that way they can all go over to petitrc for everyone to see
#1, I know Wrights77 personally, and since I don't have a boat load of free time a quick scribble of a setup would do him fine. Were if i was to post on here, my OCD wants me to make the perfect, neat, computer filed out sheet.

#2, I procrastinate.

I will look into getting it jotted down this weekend.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rider313
#1, I know Wrights77 personally, and since I don't have a boat load of free time a quick scribble of a setup would do him fine. Were if i was to post on here, my OCD wants me to make the perfect, neat, computer filed out sheet.

#2, I procrastinate.

I will look into getting it jotted down this weekend.
ugh hmm..(clearing throat audibly)...I can deal with a quick scribble..
Old 10-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

hey guys, im thinking of getting one of these. i am a beginner and have played around at my local track. it is low traction so i am wondering if i should get the mm or rm? I realize the rm is best for low traction but im thinking in the future if i decide to race at another track with high grip will i be disappointed with the rm.
is the mm more versatile as far as traction goes, can it be adjusted to make it work well for a low traction track?
Old 10-05-2014, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by dynastorm
hey guys, im thinking of getting one of these. i am a beginner and have played around at my local track. it is low traction so i am wondering if i should get the mm or rm? I realize the rm is best for low traction but im thinking in the future if i decide to race at another track with high grip will i be disappointed with the rm.
is the mm more versatile as far as traction goes, can it be adjusted to make it work well for a low traction track?
RM for sure especially if you are a beginner, the MM can be good on lower grip but you really have to be good with setups and throttle control.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

What did you drive at the local track? Go back and take a look at what others are running are there B5M's and 22's setup for mid there? Is there Serpent parts support there?
Old 10-05-2014, 09:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

I owned both cars, and once shared the same opinion that rear motor cars were superior in low traction . We run indoors on a med to sometimes med/hi bite track. The MM was no disadvantage to the rm car as far as traction, and I now only own the mid motor. Maybe that's just my experience, but the MM cars have come quite a long ways in the last year or so.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I currently own both. They both drive well and the track by me is super low grip and with my MM you wouldnt even know it was a MM. The car has alot of grip naturally. That being said the RM is an absolute blast to drive. I always ask myself do I really need both? The answer is no BUT i cant bring myself to make a decision between the two because theyre both amazing vehicles. When i decide to hit the track I just pick one and go with it. Honestly, either one you pick you will love. Out of the box both are set up well. Im very happy with my decision to run them.

I had a long lay off from RC due to work related reasons and literally had no time to race and when things finally settled down, i was hard pressed to make a decision between this brand and others I had experience with. But when you look at what comes in these kits as far as adjustments you really cant beat it. They tested these cars and made sound engineering decisions and didnt just follow the trend and make conversion cars with aluminum chassis that all resemble eachother. The cars are purpose built to be MM or RM. Id say get both and have fun. But if thats not an option tey to get tour hands on both and drive them. Like I said either way you will be pleased.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

thanks for all the info on the rm vs. mm, I think I might go with the mm
Old 10-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

If you don't have anything else yet, the Serpent RTR RM may be a better option.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shagino
If you don't have anything else yet, the Serpent RTR RM may be a better option.
actually I have everything else ill need. so just need the kit
Old 10-05-2014, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

You won't regret it.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
ugh hmm..(clearing throat audibly)...I can deal with a quick scribble..
I will let you know what his set up is. I just picked up a RM roller for $100 Even if I don't run it, it may be my parts car for the MM for whatever carries over. Even if I just keep the shocks for a 2nd set for set up options.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Im headed to the Jconcepts national race this weekend at RC Excitement in massechussetts. Ive never run my buggy in the stock class, but because of the amount of mod cars, I had no choice. Im running a Hobbywing Juststock with a schuurspeed 17.5 motor....anybody have a good idea as to where to be geared ?
Old 10-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Supertruck1
Im headed to the Jconcepts national race this weekend at RC Excitement in massechussetts. Ive never run my buggy in the stock class, but because of the amount of mod cars, I had no choice. Im running a Hobbywing Juststock with a schuurspeed 17.5 motor....anybody have a good idea as to where to be geared ?
I'll let you know, my friend is running the same motor in his Serpent.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Supertruck1

30/72 is a good starting point for 17.5 blinky.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.