Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Default need help

I need help .I am new to the electric game after getting out of gas.so much has changed in the battery world in the last 5 years.i just bought an hpi vorza flux hp and need to know : which charger and whats a good battery choice,im not wealthy but need decent gear.i was looking at a traxxas charger for 79.00 and what is all this 4s 5s 6s mean.i want to bash and practice at my local hobbytown indoor track but don't need wicked fast power either...ill do that later.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vorzaman2112
I need help .I am new to the electric game after getting out of gas.so much has changed in the battery world in the last 5 years.i just bought an hpi vorza flux hp and need to know : which charger and whats a good battery choice,im not wealthy but need decent gear.i was looking at a traxxas charger for 79.00 and what is all this 4s 5s 6s mean.i want to bash and practice at my local hobbytown indoor track but don't need wicked fast power either...ill do that later.
Gens Ace and SMC batteries are both well priced starter/racing batteries
Old 12-06-2013, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vorzaman2112
1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, and 6s is the cell count of the lipo. 6s means there are 6 cells in the pack ans 1s is a 1 cell pack. The vorza flux hp I would run on a 4s (aka 4 cell 14.8v). As mentioned gens ace from hobbypartz.com or smc-racing.net would be good places to get a lipo that works good for you. Hobbypartz.com also has some good chargers for good prices as well.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:41 AM
dtr
Tech Master

The power of the charger determines how fast you can charge your packs. I recommend to get one that can charge at least 200W/10A, like this one.