What is the best Truggy for me? HELP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the best Truggy for me? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 04:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Location: Born in Simi Valley CA ... Raised In Temecula CA ... Live in Louisville KY ... BUT I WILL BE BACK IN CALI SOON (:
Default What is the best Truggy for me? HELP

Hi everyone
I own two Team Durangos

The Dex210 2wd Buggy
and the Desc210 2wd SCT

Im looking to get a Truggy just dont know if I should keep going Durango sense I know about them so much or go with another brand and try something new !?

I am looking for a Truggy Kit No RTR
and I am looking to Race on Indoor Clay and Outdoor Dirt

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2013, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Are you looking for a out of the box electric truggy? If so, I believe the Durango is the only readily available option right now. Tekno will have their ET48 out hopefully by the end of the year (The option I'm waiting on ).

If you want to convert a nitro kit, then you have many more options. It seems a lot of companies have neglected their truggies since many of them are based on the previous generation buggies. The Mugen, Kyosho, Associated, and Hot Bodies truggies may or may not be supported for much longer (either because of being discontinued or being replaced by an updated model). The "current" truggies would be the Serpent 811-T, Agama A8T, and Xray XT9. Since I currently have a Losi 8ight-T (its a tank but so much fun to drive), I would go with the A8T since it is almost identical to the Losi but metric.

You really can't go wrong with any of them but you probably don't want to run them indoors unless the track is huge. If you haven't seen a truggy in person, you don't realize how much bigger they are then 1/8 buggies.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Location: Born in Simi Valley CA ... Raised In Temecula CA ... Live in Louisville KY ... BUT I WILL BE BACK IN CALI SOON (:
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kawi650
Are you looking for a out of the box electric truggy? If so, I believe the Durango is the only readily available option right now. Tekno will have their ET48 out hopefully by the end of the year (The option I'm waiting on ).

If you want to convert a nitro kit, then you have many more options. It seems a lot of companies have neglected their truggies since many of them are based on the previous generation buggies. The Mugen, Kyosho, Associated, and Hot Bodies truggies may or may not be supported for much longer (either because of being discontinued or being replaced by an updated model). The "current" truggies would be the Serpent 811-T, Agama A8T, and Xray XT9. Since I currently have a Losi 8ight-T (its a tank but so much fun to drive), I would go with the A8T since it is almost identical to the Losi but metric.

You really can't go wrong with any of them but you probably don't want to run them indoors unless the track is huge. If you haven't seen a truggy in person, you don't realize how much bigger they are then 1/8 buggies.

Thanks for the response!
I am looking for a electric truggy 1/10th scale
are not anymore kits available? is that what you are saying?

I do like the Durango Dest210r its a Truggy Kit

Put it this way im breaking it down between

Durango DEST210

Losi 22T

Or Associated I cant seem to find a T4 kit??

I dont know Im very new to the truggy scene your help is appreciated !
Old 12-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I am going to buy a Tekno as well when it "finally" comes out but I have a Durango DEX408T now and the Tekno will have to be a heck of vehicle to get me to switch permanently. I really like the Durango, it's been basically unbreakable, easy to drive, and easy to maintain.
My buggy is a Tekno and I love it. One of the reasons for me to move to the Tekno truggy is the common parts between the two. If you already have 2 Durango's, this may sway you in that direction. If so, I don't think you can go wrong with the Durango truggy.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Tamiya TRF801xt $99 kit shipped (insane deal!)

RC monster conversion $110 shipped

Cheap, but quality, e-truggy

It's being discontinued so buy two kits and some spare arms And you'd be set! All the reviews I've read liked it. The arms were the weak point, but that's going to depend on your driving. And it would still be cheaper than buying another kit available.

I'm sure the others are fine but at that price it's going to be almost impossible to beat.

My setup totals $615 shipped ARTR. All bought brand new. Tamiya 801xt, Tekin RX8 w/ 2000kv Gen 2, and Aka pre-mounted wheels

Last edited by jamesbernatchez; 12-05-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kawi650

The caster racing f8t pro is an electric specific truggy
Old 12-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

One more fun fact I want to add. I was going to grab 3 extra pairs of arms for the tamiya. Before shipping it was going to cost me $47. So instead I bought two more complete kits. I now have four Tamiya truggies on their way to me. They're on such close out it doesn't make sense to buy a part here and there.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamesbernatchez
One more fun fact I want to add. I was going to grab 3 extra pairs of arms for the tamiya. Before shipping it was going to cost me $47. So instead I bought two more complete kits. I now have four Tamiya truggies on their way to me. They're on such close out it doesn't make sense to buy a part here and there.
I think they are out of them now but it was a killer deal.

Edit: NM, they still have them. Tamiya is just making you work a little harder to find them than a few days ago.

Last edited by kawi650; 12-05-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamesbernatchez
Tamiya TRF801xt $99 kit shipped (insane deal!)

RC monster conversion $110 shipped

Cheap, but quality, e-truggy

It's being discontinued so buy two kits and some spare arms And you'd be set! All the reviews I've read liked it. The arms were the weak point, but that's going to depend on your driving. And it would still be cheaper than buying another kit available.

I'm sure the others are fine but at that price it's going to be almost impossible to beat.

My setup totals $615 shipped ARTR. All bought brand new. Tamiya 801xt, Tekin RX8 w/ 2000kv Gen 2, and Aka pre-mounted wheels
where is that truggy for 99?

Edit: never mind found it, Mind is blown on the deal this is.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The Durango truggy is a beast. Buy one, you'll be happy with it.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speed is Key
Hi everyone
I own two Team Durangos

The Dex210 2wd Buggy
and the Desc210 2wd SCT

Im looking to get a Truggy just dont know if I should keep going Durango sense I know about them so much or go with another brand and try something new !?

I am looking for a Truggy Kit No RTR
and I am looking to Race on Indoor Clay and Outdoor Dirt

Thanks!
When you say "Truggy", do you mean Truggy truggy (as in 1/8th truggy, like a durango dex408t/dnx408t) or do you really mean to say 1/10th 2WD Stadium Truck (as in a DEST210)?

I've been noticing lately a lot of people calling STs "truggy" and then everyone getting confused...
Old 12-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Ok everybody, if you plan to bash the 801xt…don't recommend, it really likes to break arms, much more of a problem if you bash, then drive on a track. If you can find the short arms…it would be ok, but you never will, they are out everywhere and tamiya is phasing out ⅛ so i don't think they will be back anytime soon.

one more thing, the only conversion is the rcproductdesigns one, and its 90 dollars.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silvalis
When you say "Truggy", do you mean Truggy truggy (as in 1/8th truggy, like a durango dex408t/dnx408t) or do you really mean to say 1/10th 2WD Stadium Truck (as in a DEST210)?

I've been noticing lately a lot of people calling STs "truggy" and then everyone getting confused...
Yeah, hard to say what he is really looking for. His list of stadium truck kits makes it sound like that's what he wants, not a real truggy.

If that's the case, and you're just making a mess of your terminology, then stick with the Durango ST. I bet it shares a lot of parts with the SCT, so you'll have less to carry in spares, and know more about the kit right off the bat.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ThePanda
Ok everybody, if you plan to bash the 801xt…don't recommend, it really likes to break arms, much more of a problem if you bash, then drive on a track. If you can find the short arms…it would be ok, but you never will, they are out everywhere and tamiya is phasing out ⅛ so i don't think they will be back anytime soon.

one more thing, the only conversion is the rcproductdesigns one, and its 90 dollars.
Rc monster has a conversion as well. That's the one I got.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:02 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Speed is Key is actually talking about Stadium Trucks.

Since you already have a DESC210, I would recommend the DEST210. Both vehicles share a lot of parts, meaning you won't have to carry as many spares.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.