SC tire choice

Old 12-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default SC tire choice

Now that I've got my losi scte, and a set of track tires, I need a set of bashing tires ( and wheels ). I'll mainly be running on pavement. Sometimes I'll go on grass for a few minutes and some loose dirt but thats it.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Proline has their street fighter tread, and if you want to go really onroad oriented, panther has their slick sc tire. With the proline tires you will get little no no usable traction on anything but asphalt,and maybe some hard packed dirt with no top layer. The panthers say they are designed for blue groove as well, and look to be pretty soft.

For the street though, the pro lines are great.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:12 AM
Tech Initiate

I've read the duratrax banditos are even better than the street fighters and cheaper too.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Proline Trenchers are a great all arount basher tire.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rjohn929 View Post
Proline Trenchers are a great all around basher tire.
I will agree with this 100%.

The trencher gets really good on-road traction, has enough tread depth to bite grass well, it rips in the dunes, and can do gravel and rocks pretty well also.

Where I have seen it struggle is hard packed dirt with a loose top layer. If doesn't do well at all. Everywhere else including on-road, the traction is awesome.

I see alot of people recommend the badlands as a basher tire, and it does not do nearly as well overall. It sucks on pavement, and the tread wear is terrible. You will file them down QUICKLY on pavement.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Trenches sound perfect, hows the tread wear? What wheels should i mount them on?
Old 12-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wever75 View Post
Trenches sound perfect, hows the tread wear? What wheels should i mount them on?
Wear is pretty good. I have spent about 7-10 packs on them (mostly on-road) and the lugs are all a bit rounded, but the tread depth is still fine. I got the medium compound.

As far as wheels, it doesn't really matter. The tires are a bit larger and heavier than stock, so I would stick with a plastic wheel to keep the weight down. I don't know what wheels fit your truck, but you are fine with a regular old plastic wheel from jconcepts, pro-line, etc.