R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-09-2005, 02:04 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Stevietd14 Send a message via Yahoo to Stevietd14
Default Sudden FT T4 craze?

Lately I have been looking for a New FT T4 with no luck.Both hobbypeople.net and towerhobbies offered them at reasonable prices (200-215) but both sites say out of stock till august.Also, my local hobby shop says they are sold out aswell. So my question is....Is there any place i can buy a new FT t4 without waiting till august or paying 250+ like at horizon?Also, Is there any particular reason for all the T4's being sold out?
Thanks in advance
Steve
Stevietd14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 02:19 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

This is the only place that I can find them still in stock:

http://hobby-sports.com/cart/prod_de...prodid=ASC7022
Old 07-09-2005, 03:11 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to T-BirdJunkie Send a message via MSN to T-BirdJunkie

if your LHS was worth a damn, they'd have checked with Horizon for availability too.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:08 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

T-birdjunkie-

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...ProdID=ASC7022

Out of stock AND 365 bucks.My LHS is worth a dam because they dont pay $365 for a $200 truck.

Thai3g-Thanks for the link, I will most likely be buying it from there if their shipping is reasonable.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:57 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
if your LHS was worth a damn, they'd have checked with Horizon for availability too.
umm horizon has been out of them for over two weeks as well...
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 05:47 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Stevietd14---Sorry to say but your NOT real bright so before you LIP up you might wanna know what the HECK your talking about.

Tbirdjunkie knows like ALOT of people know that Horizon is also a Distributor.The problem is they usually dont Distribute Associated due to OWNING Losi.So the one's they sell on the site are bought like stores.
But do you think ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would buy off that site if they had ANY Clue of other stores?Umm NO.

Some hobbyshops may purchase from 2-3 different Distributors and he was commenting that they needed to check with more than 1.They may HAVE or May have NOT done this.
But NO hobbyshop pays $365.00 for a FTT4.Do you REALLY think they would post what a Dealer Pays on a website?
Come on now.Be a lil smarter PLEASE.
It's not that they are SUPER popular right now it's just Associated hasnt had alot of them out as of yet.
Goodluck with your search but please DONT SPEAK if you dont know.It makes you look VERY stupid.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:48 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to T-BirdJunkie Send a message via MSN to T-BirdJunkie

Stevie, I assumed that they did have them in stock because you mentioned something about Horizon in your post. Also, Horizon is a DISTRIBUTOR first, and a retailer second, unlike Great Planes (aka Tower) who competes directly with other online retailers. If Tower and Horizon both are out of stock, and your LHS doesn't have any in stock, chances are they're on backorder.
I apologize for the condescending tone in my post.
Until then, you can borrow my RC10T2
Old 07-10-2005, 12:13 AM   #8
Tech Addict

Tbirdjunkie knows like ALOT of people know that Horizon is also a Distributor.The problem is they usually dont Distribute Associated due to OWNING Losi.So the one's they sell on the site are bought like stores.
But do you think ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would buy off that site if they had ANY Clue of other stores?Umm NO.

that is a totally false and ignorant statement..yes Losi is proprietary to Horizon as horizon ownes losi but horizon distributes Associated stuff completely,they would be stupid not to as they would lose out on a ton of business...a lot of times we(the hobby shop i manage) can get associated stuff from Horizon that we cant get from GP(great planes)..so i dont know where you get your info but it's wrong.
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 12:59 AM   #9
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jg727211

Stormer has > 6 "in stock". AE said the end of July the parts should be arriving to put together more kits for distribution.

Great Planes (Tower) competes directly with the LHS's they sell to AND the other on-line shops they sell to also, which is rediculous IMO. Imagine yourself owning a LHS and competing with the company that stocks your shelves. Crazy.

Horizon Online doesn't under price other online places and LHS's, thats why Horizon's ONLINE prices are not as low as Tower. I respect Horizon for doing that (not biting the hand that feeds them).

Last edited by jg727211; 07-10-2005 at 01:10 AM.
jg727211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 03:49 AM   #10
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

www.stormerhobbies sells them for $240 and are in stock but thats a ripsting considering you can get the FT T4 for $195 from www.towerhobbies.com.

Tower hobbies has the '5 ways to save' thing right now.

I think i would wait if i was you.

Sean
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 10:32 AM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
Stevie, I assumed that they did have them in stock because you mentioned something about Horizon in your post. Also, Horizon is a DISTRIBUTOR first, and a retailer second, unlike Great Planes (aka Tower) who competes directly with other online retailers. If Tower and Horizon both are out of stock, and your LHS doesn't have any in stock, chances are they're on backorder.
I apologize for the condescending tone in my post.
Until then, you can borrow my RC10T2
T-birdJunkie-Thanks for the information and for the kind apology.

texracer-Thanks for the in depth information but I dont understand your motive for insulting me because all I did was ask a simple question that I didnt know the answer to about the availability of the FT T4. BUT I didnt expect anyone to pay 365 and i know that horizon owns losi so please keep your rude comments to yourself.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:56 AM   #12
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

steve,

just check your lhs, support locals first. i know both dirtburners and larrys have them both in stock.
vic0280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 11:00 AM   #13
Tech Fanatic

vic-thanks for the suggestion ill check there
Old 07-10-2005, 11:49 AM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Stevie-Understand that Tbird made a comment that your local shop needed to check with a different distributor.Tbird maybe didnt know that Horizon doesnt sell Associated but he was saying your shop was lacking due to not checking more than one source.HRP,Great Planes and others.
You came back saying that Horizon was expensive and so on.
I was simply pointing out that if YOU DONT know what your talking about dont lip or or make stupid remarks like you did.
So THAT my friend is why I posted what I posted.

Now for your FT T4.If you dont have a local shop that has one in stock let me know what your wanting to spend and I will let you know if a Local shop here has one.Anyone that knows me KNOWS I will help anyone.I just get a lil tired or people making remarks without having the knowledge to back up their comments or opinions.

Keep an eye on ebay as well.Goodluck to ya.
Would you be intrested in a Used one?I see deals everyday.Let me know if used is ok and I will keep an eye out for that as well.
Les

Last edited by TexRacer; 07-10-2005 at 12:08 PM.
TexRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 12:19 PM   #15
Tech Fanatic

Texracer-Thanks for clearing everything up and for offering to be so kind.I called another shop near me and they have a couple in stock for 219 so Ill most likely get it from there.Thanks for the offer anyway

Last edited by Stevietd14; 07-10-2005 at 08:08 PM.