Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Slash 4X4 vs Losi Ten SCTE for Bashing/Racing

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 06:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Traxxas Slash 4X4 vs Losi Ten SCTE for Bashing/Racing

I'm relatively new to the world of RC and recently purchased a Traxxas Slash 4X4 for my six year old. We have been having a lot of fun with it and, he wants to start racing at a local indoor dirt track. I'm looking to get another car and debating what to purchase. We live across the street from a park and bash with the Slash on most days while going to the track once a week. So far he hasn't raced yet – just open practice at the track. Thinking about getting either another Slash or the Losi SCTE. I guess I'm wondering if the Losi will hold up ok to the bashing in the park. Regarding the bashing in the park . . . it primarily involves donuts and drifting on the baseball diamonds which are covered with loose dirt and bits of gravel, racing over dirt and grass plus a little bit of jumping on the berms that surround the soccer fields. Thanks for any input.

James
Old 11-15-2013, 09:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

maintenance wise it'd be a lot easier to have 2 of the same truck.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I agree with core but the scte is by far the best sc truck I have had as far as bashing goes upgrade the chassis braces so you have little to no chassis flex and you'll be good to go at the track or clearing 40 footers like mine:-P and still be able to throw down on Saturday at the track.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I recommend the same truck as well. We too, just got started and each family member has a Traxxas. The swappable parts are very convenient.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Get a SCTE for yourself and then pick up the SCTE 1.0 roller from Stormer for $198 and sell the Slash as a roller to offset the cost. Win win
Old 11-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Tech Rookie

im only 14 and love to give my cars a bashing. i by far love the traxxas slash 4x4 vxl which is very awesome to drive. it would be much to replace parts as you would have to of the same cars. if you buy parts just buy twice as much so you dont have to get two types of different stuff and parts.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I would suggest the SCTE over a slash. They are not only durable, but really perform well and have parts support at most LHS.

I know it is nice to have both trucks as the same and limit parts inventory at home. I will also vote to trade in the slash and move over to a pair of SCTEs.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:31 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm leaning toward the Losi right now. I guess I 'd like to try something different. If I like one better I'll get rid of the other and that way I'll have some consistency on repairs and parts. Thanks for the advice.

James