Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Caster Racing S10sc Thread >

Caster Racing S10sc Thread

Caster Racing S10sc Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 01:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

thanks ... who is working on the chassis? .. AL or carbon?
Old 08-20-2014, 06:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Diggitydesigns.com

Ok in testing my s10sc was 2400g wich is 5.4lbs no body 51/49 front to back and 50/50 side to side. Now I don't know if I was perfectly level but close. I then lined the whole back of the chassis with stick weights and put 3 in the front 2 on esc side. so I should be in the 45/55 f/b range . Also been testing proline shocks as they bolt right in.
Main issue I've been having is traction rolling anyone else getting this?
Rx8/pro4600
Old 09-03-2014, 01:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Weather and schedule finally came together.

First race with truck for my daughter and I and in the first 2 of her heats she got a second and a third. I ran one heat and got fourth but had to end our day due to a CVD pin deciding to leave. My replacements for some reason dont fit so it ended our day.

This was our first race with the truck and first time running on that track layout and I had no practice laps as we only had two batts and the daughter only had one batt of practice, so we thought we did pretty good. Overall the truck held up great, no other problems or breaks besides the cvd pin prob. It has had the race upgrades from Thumb RC, and a Tbone front bumper upgrade which I highly recommend the bumper upgrade with my driving skills,lol. Also no caster/toe/suspension tuning, just how it all bolted together, so basically stock tuning setup on that part of it.

The end of this month have a charity race and its going to be mostly dirt oval so might try throwing a late model body on it and some suspension tweaks and try it out on a dirt oval for the fun of it. Anyone try dirt oval with one of these yet?
Old 09-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SIKE00 View Post
Weather and schedule finally came together.

First race with truck for my daughter and I and in the first 2 of her heats she got a second and a third. I ran one heat and got fourth but had to end our day due to a CVD pin deciding to leave. My replacements for some reason dont fit so it ended our day.

This was our first race with the truck and first time running on that track layout and I had no practice laps as we only had two batts and the daughter only had one batt of practice, so we thought we did pretty good. Overall the truck held up great, no other problems or breaks besides the cvd pin prob. It has had the race upgrades from Thumb RC, and a Tbone front bumper upgrade which I highly recommend the bumper upgrade with my driving skills,lol. Also no caster/toe/suspension tuning, just how it all bolted together, so basically stock tuning setup on that part of it.

The end of this month have a charity race and its going to be mostly dirt oval so might try throwing a late model body on it and some suspension tweaks and try it out on a dirt oval for the fun of it. Anyone try dirt oval with one of these yet?
Put some tire glue on those pins. It'll help a ton.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Tech Initiate

I've had it happen to me b4 try using a drop of tire glue on the spring that's what I did. I've had no further problems. By the time you get to stage2 with f/r tbone the truck is very solid
Old 09-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Haha Freddy that wasn't their a minute ago
Old 09-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Race_case View Post
Haha Freddy that wasn't their a minute ago
bahahahaha...... Def listen to racecase on this truck. His is a bullet proof missle on the track!
Old 09-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Race_case View Post
I've had it happen to me b4 try using a drop of tire glue on the spring that's what I did. I've had no further problems. By the time you get to stage2 with f/r tbone the truck is very solid
I did have the retaining springs glued, but one just didnt want to co-operate i guess,lol...i have the CVD's at all four corners, i thought that was the preferred drive line system, not the TBONE/DOGBONE, as i thought they had a problem of popping out in a wreck or big jumps/hard landing. Isnt the dogbone the system that came stock, as i changed them all out, was that a mistake? I still have the stock center front and rear dogbones.

Ther is also the possibility that I have ther terminology on what dogbones/tbones/CVD/universals are.

I think all that is left to upgrade is the aluminum front shock support and the bigger shocks, not really sure how a 1MM difference in shocks is going to make any noticeable difference, but once again, i could be wrong? I think a good spring selection would be better money spent. Thats the next thing i want to do is get a selection of springs for the shocks.

In CRP stages mine is basically a stage 4 minus stage 1 if that makes sense. Mainly durrability upgrades.

Last edited by SIKE00; 09-03-2014 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Added more
Old 09-04-2014, 05:17 PM
Tech Initiate

The cvd on the corners is what you want. The center f/r are still dog bone. What we keen by tbone is the f/r bumper that's the company that's makes it. You get it at casterracingparts.com in the racing parts section. You want the stage 1 kit for the geometry on the new towers too! The rear bumper at crp is a must to Handel large jumps! Like at AMS type track.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Also I have been running a 12mm shock too by Proline. Any shock is a Great Shock with the right pack.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

The biggest gain you will get with the caster sct10 is changing to the new towers. I designed those for proper geometry with the big bore shocks and it greatly improves the handling of the truck.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins View Post
The biggest gain you will get with the caster sct10 is changing to the new towers. I designed those for proper geometry with the big bore shocks and it greatly improves the handling of the truck.
That is for sure and with the stage 1 race kit by CRP it comes with 13mm shocks.
Also the custom rear CPR race bumpers are in stock to allow you to change the rear toe..
Old 09-05-2014, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

This was my proto one I was testing
Old 09-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Those bumpers are way better than stock
Old 09-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Okay, i have the front T-Bone bumber, definately a must have, i havent got the rear yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.