Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Caster Racing S10sc Thread >

Caster Racing S10sc Thread

Caster Racing S10sc Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DfnTaco View Post
Cool thanks Rick! From your setup i see my issue. Running rear ride height too high. I will try this as well im moving the esc to the rear of the chassis. And also i see your adding weight to the chassis. What did this do for the truck?
Felt more planted to me.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Honestly, I've learned a bit from your sheet too, Rick. Thank you!
Old 03-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

S10SC for sale:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ge-4-race.html
Old 03-22-2014, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

I went racing last night with my caster s10sc stage 1 race kit. I had zero issues all night long except really can't drive lately. I did get 3rd place in expert sct.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:49 PM
Tech Champion

New updated CRP edition S10SC now available
Old 04-05-2014, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Im going to go to a 3 degree rear tow plate and test in tomorrow.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:38 PM
Tech Champion

I had a chance to go to the track today and run my Caster S10SC. Ran great all day and got TQ. Lost a c-hub screw in the main.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

CF battery strip coming soon for the S10SC...
Old 04-28-2014, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Raced my SCT10 for the first time this past weekend and things went well. I did find a few week point that need some changes.
1st it needs a different bumper .. I ordered a T-bone ..
2nd better bearings
3rd I put through bolts in the upper bolt hole for the rear tower going fro the bumper to the inside of the tower with a nut to lock them in
4th the rear shock screw need to be shortened
5th the body posts need 2 screws instead of the tab and screw
6th needs a cover or rock guards to keep stuff out of inside
hope this helps others
also I put 7 10 5 diff oil inside the diffs instead of grease and added the extra gears
Old 04-29-2014, 02:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey all, just got my Caster S10SC in. i like to be different, you all understand,,lol.
1. I have been reading some of the Caster threads and there is mention of a caster forum, where did it go?
2. I have read and might of missed it but do any of the team drivers ar anyone else have a good starting setup for large outdoor style tracks, we dont have any of them nice indoor tracks around here that I know of.
3. I picked a ezrun sc8 120 amp 4700kv 4 pole motor setup for it, is this too much or a good setup for large outdoor tracks. i am starting with a 12t pinion does that sound like good starting point. I am a nitro guy this is first electric, my daughter wanted to run electric short course so she could race against the other kids instead of rumning nitro monster truck against all the adults. So i will prob be asking you all a bunch of questions about the idiosyncrisies(sp?) of electric.
4. does Caster put out a assortment of springs for this truck as i have not found any? If not what are you all using?
5. Any immediate things i should do right off the top, I got the rolling chasis kit that is already assembled, is there anything i need to check or anything. Are the diffs already full of oil, shocks also, i havent had the chance to check yet.
6. i downloaded the manual and was noticing that the diff outdrives have a bushing where a bearing would be in 1/8 scale diffs, can you put bearings in there in place of the bbushings, if not, how well do the bushings hold up or do they wear quicky and you have to tear down the diffs and replace the bushings to keep any slop or leaking from happening?
7. What temp do you try to keep the motor under and in safe range?

Sorry for all the questions, but dont worry, I will probably have more,,,lol
Old 04-29-2014, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Default build notes

here is the caster racing forum site http://casterracingusa.proboards.com/
As for the motor esc setup ... you will want to be able to dial the servo and throttle response/speed up or down on the radio once you setup the esc. On my SCT10 I run the servo at -10 for speed and 140% for throttle on my M8 but I have a smaller motor but when my 6 year old uses the truck I dial the throttle down to 50% so he can learn control and not hurt anyone or the SCT10. Your might want to try a 13t pinion at some point or maybe higher.
Setup ... things to do ..
1st put tire or regular ca on the CVD springs...I put a couple of drops and spread it around
2nd I put a through bolt in the rear upper tower mount screw
3rd cut the end of the screws off for the rear shocks
4th Buy a T-bone front bumper
5th balance the SCT with a battery front to back 50-50 ... truck is a little nose heavy
use the springs that come with it they seem fine
also get some differential oil and diff upgrade kit and fill the diffs, some of us are running 7-10-5for the oil setup and I have bearings through out the SCT so I am not sure about the bushings.
go luck
Old 04-29-2014, 10:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kinetisist View Post
Raced my SCT10 for the first time this past weekend and things went well. I did find a few week point that need some changes.
1st it needs a different bumper .. I ordered a T-bone ..
2nd better bearings
3rd I put through bolts in the upper bolt hole for the rear tower going fro the bumper to the inside of the tower with a nut to lock them in
4th the rear shock screw need to be shortened
5th the body posts need 2 screws instead of the tab and screw CORRECT
6th needs a cover or rock guards to keep stuff out of inside
hope this helps others
also I put 7 10 5 diff oil inside the diffs instead of grease and added the extra gears
see red
Old 04-29-2014, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bring it on View Post
This is my setup
Old 04-29-2014, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Default setup sheet

thanks for sharing the sheet ... definitely helped me setup my sct
Old 04-29-2014, 07:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kinetisist View Post
here is the caster racing forum site http://casterracingusa.proboards.com/
As for the motor esc setup ... you will want to be able to dial the servo and throttle response/speed up or down on the radio once you setup the esc. On my SCT10 I run the servo at -10 for speed and 140% for throttle on my M8 but I have a smaller motor but when my 6 year old uses the truck I dial the throttle down to 50% so he can learn control and not hurt anyone or the SCT10. Your might want to try a 13t pinion at some point or maybe higher.
Setup ... things to do ..
1st put tire or regular ca on the CVD springs...I put a couple of drops and spread it around
2nd I put a through bolt in the rear upper tower mount screw
3rd cut the end of the screws off for the rear shocks
4th Buy a T-bone front bumper
5th balance the SCT with a battery front to back 50-50 ... truck is a little nose heavy
use the springs that come with it they seem fine
also get some differential oil and diff upgrade kit and fill the diffs, some of us are running 7-10-5for the oil setup and I have bearings through out the SCT so I am not sure about the bushings.
go luck
I apperently missed the cvd springs,, i habent tken truck aprt to add fluids yet but will check out the springs you talk about.

I dont know if mine has bearings throughout but it should, was my understandingnit was a pro kit, but the manual i was reading after looking at it again was for the RTR so not sure how much a difference there is between the two, i hope mine has bearings, that was the point of getting the kit as it is supposed to be more race orientated, and then build it up with quality parts instead of rtr parts. This is my first kit, all my others have been rtr that i upgraded as i went but i wanted to build one to be race ready the first time it hits the dirt. Tired of nickle and diming through time to finally get it race ready. I saw that stage 4 kit for it, is that really necessary to make this thing a full blown racer.

I went to them boards and doesnt look like anyone has been on there for awhile

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.