R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
Tech Regular
 
Race Everything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 341
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Which car hauler bag is the best?

I haul two sc trucks, two plastic containers and a tool box to the track every saturday. I think its time to invest in a hauler bag. I want something tuff with a lot of room. What is the best hauler bag out?
Race Everything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
Tech Addict
 
mbtoolmaker35's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Louisville ky
Posts: 684
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Everything View Post
I haul two sc trucks, two plastic containers and a tool box to the track every saturday. I think its time to invest in a hauler bag. I want something tuff with a lot of room. What is the best hauler bag out?
Protek, proline, team magic all relatively the same little different layout so depends which fits your needs.
__________________
Maker of 22 2.0 aluminum brass slider, brass 1mm tranny shims, brass 14G weights , and brass midmotor squat block, and midmotor camber extensions
22 2.0B, 22T, Losi 8ight 3.0E powered by tekin

www.rocket-rc-parts.com
Like to thank Panther tires, and DE Racing for supporting me
mbtoolmaker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #3
Tech Regular
 
Race Everything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 341
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtoolmaker35 View Post
Protek, proline, team magic all relatively the same little different layout so depends which fits your needs.
I hear some bags tear and zippers break easier then others. I want something that will last. I wish my local hobby shop had them all for me to look at. Maybe the question should be which bags not to buy?
Race Everything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
asc6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Meridian Idaho
Posts: 3,386
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Write down your own specific needs. Write down the various specs of the bags that pass your checklist of needs. The selection narrows down pretty quick.
Here are the most recent 4 page or more threads on "best hauler bag"

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...auler-bag.html
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ag-hauler.html
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...go-racing.html
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ones-best.html
__________________
"you reach the limit, you touch the limit, then you pass the limit, now there is a new limit"
Ayrton Senna
asc6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #5
Tech Regular
 
mxer373's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At the track!!!
Posts: 265
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

IMHO None !!! they all are plastic covered cardboard drawers with a canvas cover that falls apart ..... Black hinged tote with wheels only 25-30 bucks from your local wal-mart will last twice as long and cheaper .....
__________________
Dan Wilcox
mxer373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #6
Tech Regular
 
Race Everything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 341
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc6000 View Post
Write down your own specific needs. Write down the various specs of the bags that pass your checklist of needs. The selection narrows down pretty quick.
Here are the most recent 4 page or more threads on "best hauler bag"

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...auler-bag.html
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ag-hauler.html
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...go-racing.html
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ones-best.html
Thanks for the threads but they're all over 1year old. I was looking for more personal preferences based on owning one.
Race Everything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #7
Tech Addict
 
novice racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nortonville Ky
Posts: 503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxer373 View Post
IMHO None !!! they all are plastic covered cardboard drawers with a canvas cover that falls apart ..... Black hinged tote with wheels only 25-30 bucks from your local wal-mart will last twice as long and cheaper .....

I use one of these.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...7215_200377215
I pack too much crap to the track with a lot of containers and everything but the cars fits in this thing. if I were to get rid of some oversized containers I could probably fit the car in it too.
__________________
Brandon Shaw
novice racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #8
Tech Regular
 
Race Everything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 341
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxer373 View Post
IMHO None !!! they all are plastic covered cardboard drawers with a canvas cover that falls apart ..... Black hinged tote with wheels only 25-30 bucks from your local wal-mart will last twice as long and cheaper .....
There must be something worth buying. They may be pricey but i think they are cool.
Race Everything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:04 PM   #9
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,921
Default

A guy i race with has the big Racers Edge bag with wheels and he loves it its not super expensive. The Duratrax big Red bag with wheels i heard is pretty good and its cheap but its out of stock everywhere.

I say get a bag that can fit your truck and do get one with wheels it sucks without them i would know !
__________________
Losi SCTE 4x4, Tekno SC410 4X4 SC, Associated T4.1, Hitec 7954sh, mamba monster 2200kv, airtronics MX-3 X. Losi SCTE 4x4, Tekno SC410 4X4 SC, Associated T4.1, Mugen MBX6 ECO .

Hobby Hut offroad, Mushroom bowl offroad, Fun Center raceway.
GS HOBBY , Stormer Hobbies, Amain Hobbies, RRP Hobby .
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #10
Tech Regular
 
Race Everything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 341
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice racer View Post

I use one of these.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...7215_200377215
I pack too much crap to the track with a lot of containers and everything but the cars fits in this thing. if I were to get rid of some oversized containers I could probably fit the car in it too.
Thats pretty cool. Nice suggestion.
Race Everything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #11
Tech Elite
 
rcjunky1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 2,188
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

HPI has a bag like the rest (protek, racers edge, team magic etc) but its much cheaper
__________________
Official distributor of Dan-O-Mite Custom Parts- Durango 210 RF pivot blocks
Andrew Butters' Burghgraef
Team Durango Canada
Great Hobbies, Hobbico, Skyrc, Exotek
rcjunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:17 PM   #12
Tech Regular
 
Race Everything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 341
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
A guy i race with has the big Racers Edge bag with wheels and he loves it its not super expensive. The Duratrax big Red bag with wheels i heard is pretty good and its cheap but its out of stock everywhere.

I say get a bag that can fit your truck and do get one with wheels it sucks without them i would know !
Two really good suggestions. Both use corrugated plastic rather than cardboard. The racers edge bag is 179 and the duratrax is 149.
Race Everything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:23 PM   #13
Tech Regular
 
Race Everything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 341
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunky1 View Post
HPI has a bag like the rest (protek, racers edge, team magic etc) but its much cheaper
Wow, best price so far. If this hauler bag is the same size as the others, i know what i am buying for christmas.
Race Everything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:30 PM   #14
Tech Addict
 
mbtoolmaker35's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Louisville ky
Posts: 684
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Everything View Post
Two really good suggestions. Both use corrugated plastic rather than cardboard. The racers edge bag is 179 and the duratrax is 149.
I have two protek bags have had for year no problems yet but I am pretty easy on them as I agree I have heard some break. But I think all are probably made same place lol. Just depends on how each person cares for there bag and what environment they store it in.
__________________
Maker of 22 2.0 aluminum brass slider, brass 1mm tranny shims, brass 14G weights , and brass midmotor squat block, and midmotor camber extensions
22 2.0B, 22T, Losi 8ight 3.0E powered by tekin

www.rocket-rc-parts.com
Like to thank Panther tires, and DE Racing for supporting me
mbtoolmaker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:45 PM   #15
Tech Master
 
bigemike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: hamilton, oh
Posts: 1,750
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bigemike
Default

look up ogio 9800 bags and then this is the best deal on them out there, just got mine today, and it packs a ton
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OGIO-980...item2eb684deaf

btw I have had jconcepts boxes, kyosho boxes, mugen, a team magic roller bag and this by far beats them all. buy the ogio and it will last your racing career. They are reg $250 this is a triple black fred couples edition on closeout at a golf store. like I said I just got mine today and I am very happy
__________________
No sponsors. Love TLR, OS and Futaba though
bigemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:48 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net