Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Which car hauler bag is the  best? >

Which car hauler bag is the best?

Which car hauler bag is the best?

Old 11-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've seen them all, the hpi, protek , trinity and racers edge are all the same, hpi having the best price. The wing tote is definitely different, its a slightly higher quality bag with a nicer handle and the top bungie strap. Is it worth a few bucks more, yes, not the $75 over the hpi. With all of them, treat them well and they'll last a while, if the zipper isn't moving smoothly, check why, don't just force it.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Tech Initiate

I have a Venom, with the handle on the narrow side and when walking with it, sometimes it hits my heel and falls over. I think if I ever got a new one, I would get one with the handle on the back. Might be a pain going down pit isle's. Oh well, My 2 cents
Old 11-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have this one from Walmart. Carries everything but the cars. Charger and power supply, tools, parts, hardware, etc. You can even fit about 14 sets of (4)1/8 mounted tires in the bottom.

Last edited by ImageX; 11-10-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

I'm also in the market for a new hauler bag. I purchased the first version of the protek bag and it's been good to me for the past 4 years. It's been everywhere and taken a beating. The top zipper is now failing and the drawers have been a pain to get in and out. Otherwise it has held up well and I would recommend it.

I'm thinking of either purchasing the updated protek bag or the wingtote. Does anyone have pictures with the top open on the wingtote? I like where my protek bag has the tool holders and would prefer that for my next bag.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tom2tone View Post
Does anyone have pictures with the top open on the wingtote? I like where my protek bag has the tool holders and would prefer that for my next bag.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Here's what I've been using - Ogio 9800:

Pretty free form you can stuff a lot into it. I can fit two buggies, all their tires, 2 chargers, batteries, tools, spare parts, shock oil and support gear and radio no problem. In the pic, each one of those grey boxes has a buggy and buggy tires. The "lid" can hold a bunch of extra stuff too - like 4+ sets of short course tires.

This gets me to the track with 1 trip and 1 thing to carry. If I want to bring a short course I can carry that seperately. Or you can drop 1 buggy and include a short course with body in the bag itself.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have the Protek P-8. It has plenty of room for all my stuff and is really well built.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Customer service note: I had one of the seams unravel and I contacted AMainHobbies customer service and they sent me a replacement unit within a day of the phone call. I didn't even have to pay return shipping on the old unit, they sent a call tag for it.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Tech Initiate

The Hudy 1/8 hauler bag would be your choice sir. I have been through the protek and their likes. But the Hudy bag is so much better in every aspect. It also has the drawers open at the short side which is much better imo. All my fellow racers are buying the hudy after testing mine. This is by far the best hauler out there now!
Old 11-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ImageX View Post
I have this one from Walmart. Carries everything but the cars. Charger and power supply, tools, parts, hardware, etc. You can even fit about 14 sets of (4)1/8 mounted tires in the bottom.
My wife bought me one of those a couple of years ago, works great and was cheap. Doubles as a workbench stool in a pinch. Meanwhile all the posers at the track shell out big bucks to get their team hauler bags that are mostly crap for one reason or another. Was at a race a bit back that adam drake attended, and he didn't have any fancy TLR backpacks, duffles, or hauler bags. Just one big black plastic footlocker.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JiuHaWong View Post
Thanks for the picture.. I was hoping there would be tool slots. I'll keep on researching for a new bag.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom2tone View Post
Thanks for the picture.. I was hoping there would be tool slots. I'll keep on researching for a new bag.
I don't have a picture, but I just got a new Wingtote and it has tool slots. I like it a lot.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The handle out the top seems like the best option. Do you guys with the sideways handles have any comments on how well that does or does not work ?
Originally Posted by JiuHaWong View Post
This:

Is better than this:

Or this:

IMHO
Old 11-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I like the Racer's Edge because I often have to get through tight pit areas between tables/chairs and I think it would go easier than the Wing Tote because it's narrower by pulling from the side instead of the back. I've had mine for over a year and have had no issue with the handle or anything.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I've had the luxury of having both of these. The racers edge bag is the same flavor as the Team Magic, Trinity and Proline. While their all good bags, having the handle run lengthwise with the bag creates some stability issues on occasions. With the wingtote bag, it's handle is on the wide side of the bag and more resembles the design of wheeled luggage. It's more stable and just feels more secure. I really like the Wingtote and would buy it again.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

I want to carry 2 TLR22's plus lots of stuff(boxes, charger, power supply etc.)
Which one would you recommend?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.