Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Schumacher Cougar KF!!! >

Schumacher Cougar KF!!!

Schumacher Cougar KF!!!

Old 02-03-2015, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
Higher holes add grip.... its so easy to type the wrong thing, I probably did at some point, wont be the first time or the last lol

Yes

laying the shocks down will add lateral grip (side grip) using the inside hole on the arms adds forward grip.... Either could fix your problem since neither of us can actually watch your car. Give both a shot and see what work in the area you need
thanks again to the both of you for putting up with my questions. one would think 20+ years in the hobby that i would retain some of this knowledge.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Tony is spot on that these are just suggestions to to try out. Since we cant physically see your car this is the best we can do.....

Reason why I said go to the inner hole with the rear arms that you gain rear traction but will lose rotation. I did back to back comparisons and was a huge difference. Since I run mod and the way I drive I like rotation with a little slide
Old 02-04-2015, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by joeymdz View Post
Tony is spot on that these are just suggestions to to try out. Since we cant physically see your car this is the best we can do.....

Reason why I said go to the inner hole with the rear arms that you gain rear traction but will lose rotation. I did back to back comparisons and was a huge difference. Since I run mod and the way I drive I like rotation with a little slide
my biggest complaint with my set ups is the car will just spin out in the apex of a turn. it will literally swap ends. it makes it hard to drive and in return iam afraid to push it.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I tried the car again today with proper clay tires. Not difference in lap time between my KF and B5M, so the setups seems ok. Tried the upper pin holes in the rear, but did not see much or any improvement in traction. With the pins in the upper hole, the car tends nose dive a little when jumping though.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twisted View Post
my biggest complaint with my set ups is the car will just spin out in the apex of a turn. it will literally swap ends. it makes it hard to drive and in return iam afraid to push it.
Sounds like its getting loose when you start to pick up the throttle? maybe add some rear toe and negative expo on your radio?

Originally Posted by cokemaster View Post
I tried the car again today with proper clay tires. Not difference in lap time between my KF and B5M, so the setups seems ok. Tried the upper pin holes in the rear, but did not see much or any improvement in traction. With the pins in the upper hole, the car tends nose dive a little when jumping though.
Im sure you did, but make sure to reset your ride height and camber. Shouldnt jump any different. Straight line grip probably wont change much but should add considerable side bite
Old 02-05-2015, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
Sounds like its getting loose when you start to pick up the throttle? maybe add some rear toe and negative expo on your radio?
thats exactly what it does. what ive done over the past couple of days is lengthen rear camber rod,lowered pins and took a washer out from under the ballstud in the rear.

i also think i had to much camber as the tire wear is only in the middle of the tire. i was running 3* you would think i had 0* with tire wear only in the middle...
Old 02-05-2015, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

i also think i had to much camber as the tire wear is only in the middle of the tire. i was running 3* you would think i had 0* with tire wear only in the middle...

You do know having -3 degrees of camber is too much? Whats wrong with kids these days

more camber is not a good thing.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Cougar KF!!!-camber.jpg  
Old 02-05-2015, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

thats exactly what it does. what ive done over the past couple of days is lengthen rear camber rod,lowered pins and took a washer out from under the ballstud in the rear.

have you ever tried other setups from Petitrc? (especially from the LOW GRIP* astro turf selections?)

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/schumac...ville20140921/

Julien does really well and it might be a thing to try out.

PS~ I'm looking at your set up sheet and your tires selection seems odd to me. I've only ran on turf 1 time but with schumacher mini pins and I had way too much traction. on Julien's setup hes running a different tire combo that might just work at your track.

To me and others trying to help its frustrating trying to problem solve over the net. I know for sure if we were there it would be an easy fix.
**Does it only spin out 1 side or it doesn't matter?
Old 02-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by joeymdz View Post
have you ever tried other setups from Petitrc? (especially from the LOW GRIP* astro turf selections?)

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/schumac...ville20140921/

Julien does really well and it might be a thing to try out.

PS~ I'm looking at your set up sheet and your tires selection seems odd to me. I've only ran on turf 1 time but with schumacher mini pins and I had way too much traction. on Julien's setup hes running a different tire combo that might just work at your track.

To me and others trying to help its frustrating trying to problem solve over the net. I know for sure if we were there it would be an easy fix.
**Does it only spin out 1 side or it doesn't matter?

oh yea i know but i appreciate your help. as for my defense on the 3* of camber... well i was at a loss so i said it cant make it any worst lol. i usually run between 1-2*

tire choice.. ill start off by saying i have bought so many tires this season its nuts. the track we run at isnt just a track. its actually just a track on sundays. then the rest of the week its a tennis court at a sports complex. so the astro turf is real turf with sand mixed in. i think the sand throws the traction out the window. so far the dboots in the rear and yellow mini spikes up front have been the best.

julians set up from Gargenville was the one i copied the most. (some of the things i could not do as i didnt have the parts)
Old 02-06-2015, 08:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Anyone have a recommendation for an aluminum servo horn in place of the Core CR192 that seems to be unavailable in the U.S.?
Old 02-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by negatv1 View Post
Anyone have a recommendation for an aluminum servo horn in place of the Core CR192 that seems to be unavailable in the U.S.?
http://www.discountrcstore.com/CR192..._S_p/cr192.htm
Old 02-06-2015, 08:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Not in stock, as I just ordered a bunch of stuff from DRC (awesome service btw) and this wasn't in or looking to be in any time soon. Was hoping for alternative that others might have used successfully.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by negatv1 View Post
Not in stock, as I just ordered a bunch of stuff from DRC (awesome service btw) and this wasn't in or looking to be in any time soon. Was hoping for alternative that others might have used successfully.
RC Plus in Salem, OR has them (my local shop)
Old 02-06-2015, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

You'll have to find a shop that has them in stock... theyre on worldwide backorder. I just asked about them a few days ago
Old 02-06-2015, 04:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah What Tony said! Also You might try turning your steering speed down on your radio. My experience has been that with todays servos being so fast, it does not allow the tires to grip in a consistent manner. It is possible you are putting so much "wheel" into the car entering the corner, the fronts are actually pushing slightly until you get back in the throttle. The throttle causes the chassis to rotate and thereby becomes loose. I may be up in the night on this, but it is very easy to overlook this minor adjustment. Slower steering also makes it easier to diagnose the problem. Plus if you don't like it, you can always just turn the speed back up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.