Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Schumacher Cougar KF!!! >

Schumacher Cougar KF!!!

Schumacher Cougar KF!!!

Old 02-03-2015, 08:34 PM
  #1291  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,207
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
Higher holes add grip.... its so easy to type the wrong thing, I probably did at some point, wont be the first time or the last lol



Yes



laying the shocks down will add lateral grip (side grip) using the inside hole on the arms adds forward grip.... Either could fix your problem since neither of us can actually watch your car. Give both a shot and see what work in the area you need
thanks again to the both of you for putting up with my questions. one would think 20+ years in the hobby that i would retain some of this knowledge.
twisted is offline  
Old 02-04-2015, 09:15 AM
  #1292  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
joeymdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oreogan
Posts: 2,993
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Tony is spot on that these are just suggestions to to try out. Since we cant physically see your car this is the best we can do.....

Reason why I said go to the inner hole with the rear arms that you gain rear traction but will lose rotation. I did back to back comparisons and was a huge difference. Since I run mod and the way I drive I like rotation with a little slide
joeymdz is offline  
Old 02-04-2015, 02:30 PM
  #1293  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,207
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by joeymdz View Post
Tony is spot on that these are just suggestions to to try out. Since we cant physically see your car this is the best we can do.....

Reason why I said go to the inner hole with the rear arms that you gain rear traction but will lose rotation. I did back to back comparisons and was a huge difference. Since I run mod and the way I drive I like rotation with a little slide
my biggest complaint with my set ups is the car will just spin out in the apex of a turn. it will literally swap ends. it makes it hard to drive and in return iam afraid to push it.
twisted is offline  
Old 02-04-2015, 10:31 PM
  #1294  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (18)
 
cokemaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 235
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

I tried the car again today with proper clay tires. Not difference in lap time between my KF and B5M, so the setups seems ok. Tried the upper pin holes in the rear, but did not see much or any improvement in traction. With the pins in the upper hole, the car tends nose dive a little when jumping though.
cokemaster is offline  
Old 02-05-2015, 07:59 AM
  #1295  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (53)
 
Tony Newland's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,932
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by twisted View Post
my biggest complaint with my set ups is the car will just spin out in the apex of a turn. it will literally swap ends. it makes it hard to drive and in return iam afraid to push it.
Sounds like its getting loose when you start to pick up the throttle? maybe add some rear toe and negative expo on your radio?

Originally Posted by cokemaster View Post
I tried the car again today with proper clay tires. Not difference in lap time between my KF and B5M, so the setups seems ok. Tried the upper pin holes in the rear, but did not see much or any improvement in traction. With the pins in the upper hole, the car tends nose dive a little when jumping though.
Im sure you did, but make sure to reset your ride height and camber. Shouldnt jump any different. Straight line grip probably wont change much but should add considerable side bite
Tony Newland is offline  
Old 02-05-2015, 03:18 PM
  #1296  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,207
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
Sounds like its getting loose when you start to pick up the throttle? maybe add some rear toe and negative expo on your radio?
thats exactly what it does. what ive done over the past couple of days is lengthen rear camber rod,lowered pins and took a washer out from under the ballstud in the rear.

i also think i had to much camber as the tire wear is only in the middle of the tire. i was running 3* you would think i had 0* with tire wear only in the middle...
twisted is offline  
Old 02-05-2015, 03:43 PM
  #1297  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
joeymdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oreogan
Posts: 2,993
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by twisted View Post
i also think i had to much camber as the tire wear is only in the middle of the tire. i was running 3* you would think i had 0* with tire wear only in the middle...

You do know having -3 degrees of camber is too much? Whats wrong with kids these days



more camber is not a good thing.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Cougar KF!!!-camber.jpg  
joeymdz is offline  
Old 02-05-2015, 03:50 PM
  #1298  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
joeymdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oreogan
Posts: 2,993
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by twisted View Post
thats exactly what it does. what ive done over the past couple of days is lengthen rear camber rod,lowered pins and took a washer out from under the ballstud in the rear.

i also think i had to much camber as the tire wear is only in the middle of the tire. i was running 3* you would think i had 0* with tire wear only in the middle...


have you ever tried other setups from Petitrc? (especially from the LOW GRIP* astro turf selections?)

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/schumac...ville20140921/

Julien does really well and it might be a thing to try out.

PS~ I'm looking at your set up sheet and your tires selection seems odd to me. I've only ran on turf 1 time but with schumacher mini pins and I had way too much traction. on Julien's setup hes running a different tire combo that might just work at your track.

To me and others trying to help its frustrating trying to problem solve over the net. I know for sure if we were there it would be an easy fix.
**Does it only spin out 1 side or it doesn't matter?
joeymdz is offline  
Old 02-05-2015, 05:45 PM
  #1299  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,207
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by joeymdz View Post
have you ever tried other setups from Petitrc? (especially from the LOW GRIP* astro turf selections?)

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/schumac...ville20140921/

Julien does really well and it might be a thing to try out.

PS~ I'm looking at your set up sheet and your tires selection seems odd to me. I've only ran on turf 1 time but with schumacher mini pins and I had way too much traction. on Julien's setup hes running a different tire combo that might just work at your track.

To me and others trying to help its frustrating trying to problem solve over the net. I know for sure if we were there it would be an easy fix.
**Does it only spin out 1 side or it doesn't matter?

oh yea i know but i appreciate your help. as for my defense on the 3* of camber... well i was at a loss so i said it cant make it any worst lol. i usually run between 1-2*

tire choice.. ill start off by saying i have bought so many tires this season its nuts. the track we run at isnt just a track. its actually just a track on sundays. then the rest of the week its a tennis court at a sports complex. so the astro turf is real turf with sand mixed in. i think the sand throws the traction out the window. so far the dboots in the rear and yellow mini spikes up front have been the best.

julians set up from Gargenville was the one i copied the most. (some of the things i could not do as i didnt have the parts)
twisted is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 08:04 AM
  #1300  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (71)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 663
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Anyone have a recommendation for an aluminum servo horn in place of the Core CR192 that seems to be unavailable in the U.S.?
negatv1 is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 08:47 AM
  #1301  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
joeymdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oreogan
Posts: 2,993
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by negatv1 View Post
Anyone have a recommendation for an aluminum servo horn in place of the Core CR192 that seems to be unavailable in the U.S.?
http://www.discountrcstore.com/CR192..._S_p/cr192.htm
joeymdz is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 08:56 AM
  #1302  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (71)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 663
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Not in stock, as I just ordered a bunch of stuff from DRC (awesome service btw) and this wasn't in or looking to be in any time soon. Was hoping for alternative that others might have used successfully.
negatv1 is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 09:58 AM
  #1303  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
joeymdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oreogan
Posts: 2,993
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by negatv1 View Post
Not in stock, as I just ordered a bunch of stuff from DRC (awesome service btw) and this wasn't in or looking to be in any time soon. Was hoping for alternative that others might have used successfully.
RC Plus in Salem, OR has them (my local shop)
503.364.9188
joeymdz is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 03:31 PM
  #1304  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (53)
 
Tony Newland's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 5,932
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

You'll have to find a shop that has them in stock... theyre on worldwide backorder. I just asked about them a few days ago
Tony Newland is offline  
Old 02-06-2015, 04:30 PM
  #1305  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 27
Default

Originally Posted by twisted View Post
thats exactly what it does. what ive done over the past couple of days is lengthen rear camber rod,lowered pins and took a washer out from under the ballstud in the rear.

i also think i had to much camber as the tire wear is only in the middle of the tire. i was running 3* you would think i had 0* with tire wear only in the middle...
Yeah What Tony said! Also You might try turning your steering speed down on your radio. My experience has been that with todays servos being so fast, it does not allow the tires to grip in a consistent manner. It is possible you are putting so much "wheel" into the car entering the corner, the fronts are actually pushing slightly until you get back in the throttle. The throttle causes the chassis to rotate and thereby becomes loose. I may be up in the night on this, but it is very easy to overlook this minor adjustment. Slower steering also makes it easier to diagnose the problem. Plus if you don't like it, you can always just turn the speed back up.
Spikesef is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.