Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Schumacher Cougar KF!!! >

Schumacher Cougar KF!!!

Schumacher Cougar KF!!!

Old 04-24-2014, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 164 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fivepointnine View Post
I run mine box pretty much, you will want to get a selection of springs. For spares: front steering knuckles, a-arms (I run the optional medium flex front and rear)probably want some rear hubs, and a spare belt.
Not too bad. Durability I take it has not been an issue at all?
Old 04-24-2014, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I run the "low grip" chassis on mine to get alittle better weight distribution and loose a chunk of weight. We run on high bite here also... panther slicks are the ticket currently.

I run the 5deg alum caster blocks and all lunsford buckles, ball studs and cups to loose alittle more weight. Durability has never been a problem for Schumacher cars...

I think you'll really like it on high bite.... its longer than even the losi, so its super stable. Mine feels like a stock buggy with a 7.5
Old 04-25-2014, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

durability has not been an issue, except when I hit a pole mid air at Tacoma Raceway, broke the front chassis plate where the shock tower mounts and the shock tower. Would have broke any other car much worse lol.

Last night had a bad couple heats, but ended up winning the B-main, getting the bump and working my way up to 4th in the A main so it was a successful club racing night! (3rd was another KF)

I need to figure out how to eek out some more speed for 17.5 The B5's were walking me on the straight and seemed to have more punch out of corners, I had a nice advantage with overall corner speed and sweepers though. Im thinking a HT rotor and ceramic bearings might be in my D3.5's future.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fivepointnine View Post
durability has not been an issue, except when I hit a pole mid air at Tacoma Raceway, broke the front chassis plate where the shock tower mounts and the shock tower. Would have broke any other car much worse lol.

Last night had a bad couple heats, but ended up winning the B-main, getting the bump and working my way up to 4th in the A main so it was a successful club racing night! (3rd was another KF)

I need to figure out how to eek out some more speed for 17.5 The B5's were walking me on the straight and seemed to have more punch out of corners, I had a nice advantage with overall corner speed and sweepers though. Im thinking a HT rotor and ceramic bearings might be in my D3.5's future.
And breaking that top plate is actually a good thing... on most cars that would of been a chassis top plate is much easier to change out lol

Good job, bump in the B to 4th in A is a feat at TCRC
Old 04-25-2014, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
And breaking that top plate is actually a good thing... on most cars that would of been a chassis top plate is much easier to change out lol

Good job, bump in the B to 4th in A is a feat at TCRC
It was actually at four seasons, but still some fast guys that run there as you probably know
Old 04-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

O ya both tracks are stacked
Old 04-26-2014, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Kf was on point today. So much traction my little front motor car was wheelieing down the straight! I just wanted to jump on and gloat a little bit.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default traction help

I currently am running the kf at a dry clay/top soil track and need some help with my traction. I can get up the jumps, but i can't put any throttle down on the turns without spinning out. Does anyone know what I can do to help??? They have some layouts on the schumacher website, but I'm not sure which is best and if anyone has one better. A little bit about the kf i have a 17.5 motor with 25 front oil and 27.5 rear and the stock springs. shocks are in spot closest to the inside..anything else I can give you as well...all tips are appreciated!!!
Old 04-26-2014, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by magicbuddha19 View Post
I currently am running the kf at a dry clay/top soil track and need some help with my traction. I can get up the jumps, but i can't put any throttle down on the turns without spinning out. Does anyone know what I can do to help??? They have some layouts on the schumacher website, but I'm not sure which is best and if anyone has one better. A little bit about the kf i have a 17.5 motor with 25 front oil and 27.5 rear and the stock springs. shocks are in spot closest to the inside..anything else I can give you as well...all tips are appreciated!!!
too light of oil in the front and too heavy in the rear, not getting any weight transfer. I run 32.5 wt front oil and 20 wt rear oil, stock pistons, stock springs. I run my rear shocks inner shock tower, inner a-arm. I have 1mm spacers on each side on the rear suspension block to bump up the toe in a little.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Laker67 View Post
Kf was on point today. So much traction my little front motor car was wheelieing down the straight! I just wanted to jump on and gloat a little bit.
Nice! I had to work today But will be up next weekend!

Originally Posted by magicbuddha19 View Post
fivepoint has some good tips... make sure your always alittle heavier in the front, it makes the car forgiving. Also drilling the pistons to 1.6 holes will make a huge different in grip. Adding the U4160 rear arm mount kit will allow you to adjust anti squat and toe in also.... I run .5deg anti squat and my car has a ton of rear grip everywhere
Old 04-27-2014, 10:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Default gears

what are your spur/pinion gears?
Old 04-27-2014, 10:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
Nice! I had to work today But will be up next weekend!

fivepoint has some good tips... make sure your always alittle heavier in the front, it makes the car forgiving. Also drilling the pistons to 1.6 holes will make a huge different in grip. Adding the U4160 rear arm mount kit will allow you to adjust anti squat and toe in also.... I run .5deg anti squat and my car has a ton of rear grip everywhere
where do they sell the drill bit for the 1.6 hole and the mount kit?
Old 04-27-2014, 10:51 AM
Tech Champion

http://www.discountrcstore.com/Schum...KF_p/u4160.htm

I have this setup..
http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Manufa..._RC/CR233.html

Get ahold of Discount and they can get the drill set in a couple days
Old 04-27-2014, 01:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

First time on the track yesterday with the low grip chassis and the car is much better now on a med grip indoor dirt track. Still some tweaking that needs to be done with the shock package. This is the biggest improvement I've made so far to the car.

Question is, has anyone else noticed an apparent increase in driveline drag with the addition of the shorty pack conversion or low grip kit? If so, does it go away over time? Compared to my other 17.5 cars this thing is a dog down the straight. Motor was temping at 150 though. Geared pretty much the same as my other 17.5's. My RC10 Worlds has more hustle than the KF with comparable gearing. I isolated the rear end and gear cluster and those spin freely. As soon as the belt goes back on it just feels very draggy compared to my conventional cars. Rear tensioner is all the way at the bottom of the adjustment slot and front has just enough tension to keep the belt from flipping over.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Man, hearing you guys rave about the low grip chassis makes waiting for them to get back in stock even harder. Hopefully discountrc gets them back in soon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.