R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Track Rules (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/768748-track-rules.html)

combatwombat 10-31-2013 09:19 PM

Track Rules

Dose your local track use ROAR rules all the time.
Dose your Local track tech for blinky, weight and box fit for club racing.

My local track looks at nothing for club racing. We are told not to run boost but they don't weigh or put cars in boxes.
What does your tracks do??

rcgod 10-31-2013 09:23 PM

Our track only checks for blinky in 17.5 nr. Nothing else.

???E-Racer 10-31-2013 09:28 PM

My local tracks dont use roar rules at all. I have no idea why they wouldnt.
It makes the racing better for everybody. They just let you do whatever you want.
If you wanna run softcase lipos go for it. I know people at my tracks run them.
Also in stock class people just boosted the heck outa thier 17.5 setups.
Ive never ran boost because I still dont think its fair.

Mullet1 11-01-2013 03:49 AM

my local track is pretty much a run what ya brung and I like it that way.

JMURACN 11-01-2013 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mullet1 (Post 12685276)
my local track is pretty much a run what ya brung and I like it that way.

+1... though during points events "we" police track width. we have no blinky/stock classes so thats all we need to worry about ;)

RC10Nick 11-01-2013 04:19 AM

They don't tend to do much policing of rules at our track unless it's a big race. The community at our track it pretty good so we don't usually have to worry about cheating. They also run oval at our track and those guys cheat like there is no tomorrow. Those guys really get policed.

ThePanda 11-01-2013 04:25 AM

If tracks always ran roar rules it would be fair, but it would mean less racing! More tech-ing and who wants that.

Besides, different tracks have different ideas of what classes are, so there are tracks where its technically blinkey 17.5 but its morphed into non blinkey 17.5. I think if everyone is still held to the same standard its fine. If the racers want timing, if thats what they want...

Its not like its a nat. Event every race.

1967Typhoon 11-01-2013 05:43 AM

Our track has no formal rules, and minimal tech inspection. You do have to place your car on the table after your heat where it COULD be inspected. I haven't seen any official track workers do much other than pick a car up and give it a quick look. Granted this is for points nights. Bigger races might have a bit more tech involved. For club nights and points nights, just have fun and make sure you marshall!

My track does not follow Roar.
My track allows the use of soft packs
My track does not require lips sacks for charging

It's a really chill environment.

daverobbo5 11-01-2013 06:41 AM

ROAR rules up the duff

Originally Posted by combatwombat (Post 12684926)
Dose your local track use ROAR rules all the time.
Dose your Local track tech for blinky, weight and box fit for club racing.

My local track looks at nothing for club racing. We are told not to run boost but they don't weigh or put cars in boxes.
What does your tracks do??

edit.

daverobbo5 11-01-2013 06:54 AM

edit

Captcha 11-01-2013 07:16 AM

We run a gentelmans agreement that blinky class is blinky class. If they see someone is blatantly cheating then they will check him out, but 9/10 times we are running the same core group of racers, so we all know who is who.

theblitzkidd 11-01-2013 07:20 AM

They don't tech at the tracks I run at, as Brandon said lol gentalmans agreement:)

Devin 11-01-2013 10:25 AM

We don't check anything for any class and all classes are open motor.