Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
How do you find your driving style??? >

How do you find your driving style???

How do you find your driving style???

Old 10-31-2013, 09:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Exclamation How do you find your driving style???

I don't understand what people mean when they say I have an aggressive driving style.What do your trait's need to be to have a specific driving style????
Old 10-31-2013, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would say I have a mellow driving style. The last time I drove aggressive is when I tried to take someone out and that was years ago. The attempt worked but I almost got banned from racing there...they said if I did that again (which when I did that I didnt
race for a long time maybe 6 months or longer before I came back.) I would be barred from the building. Ive mellowed out since then and I dont take is as serious anymore.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheRcworld101 View Post
I don't understand what people mean when they say I have an aggressive driving style.What do your trait's need to be to have a specific driving style????
Ehh driving style is your driving style. Sounds like you drive like me, somewhat i have and aggressive style. Is it because your not afraid to take risks and go for it. Do you ride somones ass and dont stop till they move over or they crash.

I would say i am aggressive because I am all over everyone and I put alot of pressure on them to move or mess up, were as other people just back off and wait for them to mess up i make them mess up by making them nervous. Completely fair btw you need to be able to preform under presure
Old 10-31-2013, 09:37 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Depends on if they are being complimentary or negative about how you drive. If they are being positive that usually means your very aggressive, fast in, lots of brakes, lots of rotation, hard back on the throttle. Usually that means you take risks others won't like a jump most 17.5 drivers will not risk. Try to integrate some smoothness in there. The fastest guys don't look like there going fast until you look at there times. Now if there being negative I think that's self explanatory.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ???E-Racer View Post
I would say I have a mellow driving style. The last time I drove aggressive is when I tried to take someone out and that was years ago. The attempt worked but I almost got banned from racing there...they said if I did that again (which when I did that I didnt
race for a long time maybe 6 months or longer before I came back.) I would be barred from the building. Ive mellowed out since then and I dont take is as serious anymore.
You dont take them out lol you just add a bunch of pressure to them to make a move or something
Old 10-31-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheRcworld101 View Post
I think your driving style has a lot to do with the car and the motor you're driving. When I race 4 wheel mod, I tend to be very aggressive as the car has so much power to rip down the straights. I use lots of brake to slow the car before the turn and full power from the apex out.

When I race 17.5 buggy, I try to drive smoothly and keep a lot of speed up through the turns with very little use of the brakes. I'll lift off the throttle a little before the turn and full throttle from the apex out. Unless the turn is really sharp like a 180, I try to never let the car coast in 17.5.

Its all about keeping up the momentum.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:41 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by xTotalghost View Post
Ehh driving style is your driving style. Sounds like you drive like me, somewhat i have and aggressive style. Is it because your not afraid to take risks and go for it. Do you ride somones ass and dont stop till they move over or they crash.

I would say i am aggressive because I am all over everyone and I put alot of pressure on them to move or mess up, were as other people just back off and wait for them to mess up i make them mess up by making them nervous. Completely fair btw you need to be able to preform under presure
This is ONLY acceptable during a Main if you are on the same lap and racing for position. During Quals or if you are a lap down it is totally unacceptable.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And don't put much thought into what people say about your driving style just drive the way you know how there is no right driving style and it really doesn't matter lap times and consistency is what matters. Just don't hack anybody or people won't like you and Hoing to the track won't be much fun anymore.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JsK View Post
This is ONLY acceptable during a Main if you are on the same lap and racing for position. During Quals or if you are a lap down it is totally unacceptable.
Yes i aggree completely with that, no reason driving aggressive in quallifiers because its just going to mess you up and cost you time.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:48 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

I have been to tracks that require slower drivers to yield the racing line to faster cars in Quals and I have been to tracks where it is a three corner rule. Make sure you understand how your track wants you to handle slower cars and then make sure you follow there rules.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Oh boy im still trying to figure out my driving style of what is the fastest and not for me. Coming from onroad touring car racing like i started i still have the thing in my head. Driving a 4wd truck smooth and slower into the corner and getting lightly on the throttle out . Now at time i do tap the brake before some turns, that seems like the fastest way for me.

I tried to steer and get on the throttle at the sametime it just slows me down and make more mistakes.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:52 AM
Tech Regular

Smooth under-react style seems finest way to go fast, and less wear to ur car.
Take a look at your friends car that very aggressive person who hit the throttle hard , late hard braking coming in corner - hard throttle coming out. it significantly wear faster, and dont go faster.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Aggressive=
Drift more than precision tire contact
Risk Taker
Impatient passing
huck every big jump

Smooth=
keep tires locked down with no drifting
don't take risks
patient passing
will double single big jumps for consistency

Both win races, but the first is harder to do consistently. The second is obviously better for 2wd. The first, SOMETIMES better for 4wd if you are a good wheel. The higher the tractin, the mre a smooth style shines, and loose outdoor, the opposite. I'm definitely aggressive, and as such, suck at 2wd, and am mediocre indoors in general, lol. However, an agressive style is golden with 5th scale, and not too shabby for escale and 4x4 sct outdoors
Old 11-01-2013, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My driving style is dictated by one thing and that is lap times and position. Developing the ability to drive in a variety of fashions under a wide range of conditions comes from experience.
Racing other forms has been a tremendous help. (conserving energy in a downhill ski race is similar to carrying speed in corners in blinky) Reading books about the people of racing, their mental state and techniques is pure knowledge that virtually no rc racer uses. Mental attitude is numero uno.
As long as a drivers skill matches his aggresiveness it's cool. But when your talent runs out and you hit me needlessly because you can't hold a line.... You need to be as smart as you are aggresive or all you are doing is making enemies.
Generally when racing I go slow, when on the track for fun I pin it constantly.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I'm pretty conservative. I just focus on hitting my marks, if I have a faster guy behind me battling for position(in the main of course) , I'm going to keep running my lines and make him earn the pass. I rarely drive deep into the corner to make a pass, I wait for a mistake.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.