Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
2S LiPo pack quality >

2S LiPo pack quality

2S LiPo pack quality

Old 10-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

There are testing methods to find the true C rating. But to my knowledge not all manufacturers use the same methods. We test in house to determine C ratings.

And for those who do not need the best of the best we have our EcoPower line of batteries starting at $35.00 for 2S 7.4v batteries. We have also tested these extensively as well. They are a great alternative to paying top dollar.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkorn
There are testing methods to find the true C rating. But to my knowledge not all manufacturers use the same methods. We test in house to determine C ratings.

And for those who do not need the best of the best we have our EcoPower line of batteries starting at $35.00 for 2S 7.4v batteries. We have also tested these extensively as well. They are a great alternative to paying top dollar.
lol, +1 my eco 30c is 18 months old and stil lwork as great as a 30c pack can. BTW, I realllllllly like the case on the eco. Very durable and the "plug" around the wires and balancer are great. No sharp edges cutting them. I kinda wish you make a higher c pack with those cases.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the information on ProTek stuff. I'm sold Seems either ProTek or Orion cells will fit the bill in my case, but since I like AMain already I'll try these out.

As I figured... not every battery is made equal. Personally, I'd never buy something found on Hobby King or some of the products straight out of China that have next to no support.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

We would be glad to serve you. Thank you for considering our products.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

In all honesty, theres actually only about five factories that make lipo batteries.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

First off inboard bullets suck, yeah clean wiring is nice but why risk a dnf or pack damage for clean wiring? I've had 4 venom 2s 50c packs with bullets all fail. Venom warranty covered. Great power, semi expensive.

Smc 2s 50c nice packs hard wired good power low price

Protek 4s 100c? good pack at first but eventually swelled and started losing power after three laps. Semi expensive. Good warranty but not sure I want to spend 50% on another one.

Viciousteknology 4s and 2s 60c these are the packs that really have blown me away. Great power and low price local American owned business fast shipping. I think sometimes with lipos you really don't get what you pay for but sometimes you do. I'm sure every brand has some horror stories.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Btw mkorn not bashing your packs mb I got a bad one. I love Amain best customer service by far. My buddy has a few of your ecopowers and has had great luck with them in his st.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm one for bullets, I like the clean wiring.
No issues at all, I change bullets every couple months. At $2 a pair, that's probably the least expensive maintenance part on the truck.

Let a bullet go too long and yeah, you have heat issues and if they go WAY too long, melted cases.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

IP packs(regardless of the label) are some of the worst batteries I have ever used.... From RX to hardcase 2 cell packs.

My advice is to stay away from those, for sure.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i buy a lot of stuff from amain but too many bad reviews on their batteries that make me steer clear of those.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by homershoots
Btw mkorn not bashing your packs mb I got a bad one. I love Amain best customer service by far. My buddy has a few of your ecopowers and has had great luck with them in his st.
If you have a problem with a battery and you are within the warranty period we will replace it 100%. Even if you are out of warranty we will get you taken care of.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jeremy0203
i buy a lot of stuff from amain but too many bad reviews on their batteries that make me steer clear of those.
We have less than a 5% return rate on our batteries and we sell a big number of batteries. Batteries can fail for multiple reasons. Most reasons are not due to the battery itself.

The main reasons for battery failures are:

Leaving batteries plugged in to cars and they discharge beyond the cut-off

Exposing batteries to extreme ambient temperatures. Like direct sun or in hot garages.

Regardless of the situation we always take care of our customers and we stand behind ProTek RC with industry leading warranties and a very knowledgable staff that will have any problem sorted quickly.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=homershoots;12677034]First off inboard bullets suck, yeah clean wiring is nice but why risk a dnf or pack damage for clean wiring?

If you are using the finned type of bullets I can see why you have this opinion. However, solid bullets are as close to a solder joint as you can get. No heat issues and the lowest chance of a DNF of any type of plug.

You can even use 5mm bullets like I do in 1/8th E buggy. No worries at all and very neat and clean.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

We would be glad to serve you. Thank you for considering our products.
Thanks. I believe I'm second in line for one of the new Yokomo BMax 4 III's and have a LiPo pack waiting in the cart as soon as those come in which is hopefully soon as I'm dying to build it up and hit the track! haha

Already have the new Orion VST 2 I ordered earlier from you guys; always very quick to ship. Just wish UPS didn't suck you dry on import and brokerage fees. FedEx for us Canadians is a much better option *wink wink, nudge nudge*.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

I'm guessing with 2s bullets aren't much of an issue except mb in 4x4 sct, I've never tried 5mm bullets in my ebuggy but I did have issues with even solid bullets in 4mm in ebuggy. The issue with inboards is once you do have an issue the pack is either toast or never the same again. I'm sticking with 10 guage wire and dean's for 1/8.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.