Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Rally 1/10 or HPI 5SC Flux?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThePanda
The rally is a slash 4x4 underneath, so now it's a 1/10 to 1/5 comparison.

I personally would never get a 1/5 scale, they are just to big and impractical.
My Losi 5ive is my favourite vehicle to drive.

Depends on what sort of driving you do and where you live I suppose.

I definitely wouldnt get a 1/8 buggy for bashing, I find them really boring anywhere but a race track because they have poor ground clearance, truggy would be better but in saying that, it will just feel like a far more refined erevo.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:02 AM
Tech Rookie

It all depends on what area you have to run in. If you don't have a construction site, farm field, etc, the 5T may not be for you. The Rally is basically an LCG Slash 4x4, so if you want a dedicated onroad I'd look elsewhere, or maybe at the Hpi WR8 if you want something with a little offroad capability.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TheCore
why the rally and why not a slash 4x4 ?
Because a friend of mine has a Rally and another one has the Slash 4x4 Ultimate edition and the rally seems to be all around good, it can handle on and off road but my buddies Slash is constantly flipping on the pavment. although it handles well offroad the Slash keeps flipping especially with 3S but the Rally will drift before it flips. Much more fun to drive.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RodimusPrime
Because a friend of mine has a Rally and another one has the Slash 4x4 Ultimate edition and the rally seems to be all around good, it can handle on and off road but my buddies Slash is constantly flipping on the pavment. although it handles well offroad the Slash keeps flipping especially with 3S but the Rally will drift before it flips. Much more fun to drive.
This is mainly due to tires, unless the cog is below the wheel centerline of the wheels( which it isnt ) it will roll when you out sticky race tires on it. (The rally)