R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-16-2006, 06:34 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to knucklebusta

What I don't get is the Website. There is virtually no info on the buggy but a one page blurb about how great it is. Hop ups are forum guesswork, there are no setups on site listed. No parts listed. NOTHING. How does a company expect to sell a product when all the questions about their product have to be answered by people on forums Not that that is a bad thing, but when I called to initially ask some questions, and this was on 2 occasions, once about problems with the motor mount and another time about questions on bearing hop ups, nobody knew what the hell they were talking about.

So, I chose Losi over MRC. Is it a bad product? I don't know, it appears to be ok. At least they are working out initial problems, but the lack of info turns me right off right quick. Just my worthless opinion though.

Kevin
knucklebusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:54 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklebusta
What I don't get is the Website. There is virtually no info on the buggy but a one page blurb about how great it is. Hop ups are forum guesswork, there are no setups on site listed. No parts listed. NOTHING. How does a company expect to sell a product when all the questions about their product have to be answered by people on forums Not that that is a bad thing, but when I called to initially ask some questions, and this was on 2 occasions, once about problems with the motor mount and another time about questions on bearing hop ups, nobody knew what the hell they were talking about.

So, I chose Losi over MRC. Is it a bad product? I don't know, it appears to be ok. At least they are working out initial problems, but the lack of info turns me right off right quick. Just my worthless opinion though.

Kevin
Sounds a little like Schumacher's website....
SMcpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:57 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to knucklebusta

Yeah, here's the buggy have fun. That's it.
knucklebusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:31 PM   #19
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

That is unfortunate about your experience.

MRC / Academy at this time is in a transition phase and is reconsituting there team, which us drivers anxiously awaiting the arrival of the SB V2 to USA shores.

In the meantime, if you need support on your vehicle, please visit www.rc10b4.com and look in the general section. There is a big thread on the current SB V1 . In particular, solutions to the motor mount issue (ie- link to custom mount that is MUCH better than the stock unit).

If I can be of any help please feel free to ask me.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:55 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

So what's the price you think the new car will be going for? What's the price of the old version out the door? My buddy and I are looking into 4wheelers and don't want the losi due to having split batt packs. A BJ is out of the question as it's not in my price range. Guess I'm going to have to read the whole thread at the B4 forums.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:18 PM   #21
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

The current SB V1 Pro LE2 is retailling for $224.95 shipped from ultimatehobbies the last time I checked. You do have to call them however.

The kit will use AE springs no problem, and I do recommend that you order right away the teflon pistons, size 3 and 4 and use them right away. #3 up front, #4 in the rear.

The motor mount leaves something to be desired, look for a guy on the rc10b4 thread by the name of JKRacing, he has a link to a company tha makes a better motor mount. Sells for about $25 - 30 shipped.

after that, its pretty much clear sailing. You will probably want to the rear droop mod but thats free if you have a dremel.

Email me if you do get one and I can provide you with an FAQ that will explain things better.

If you do however decide to go with something different than the SB but want to keep things reasonable, the Kyosho Lazer is hard to beat. They did put alot of good things in that kit out of the box. Other than a front alloy hingepin brace, you really don't need anything else from the reports I am getting.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:58 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thanks Cain. Will probably be awhile, I'm just checking things out. I really liked the looks of the academy since it came out. That and the price tag. Shaft drive to me is the only way to go, after I had a belt driven onroad before..
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote