Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HPI Baja 5B Flux or HPI Super 5SC Flux??? >

HPI Baja 5B Flux or HPI Super 5SC Flux???

HPI Baja 5B Flux or HPI Super 5SC Flux???

Old 10-24-2013, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RodimusPrime
WOW!!! Thanks for the pic I see now its worth getting the 5B.
Enjoy your lack of traction.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chamelion
Enjoy your lack of traction.
Actually, I didnt post it, but after doing more research and looking at user videos of people running the two RC's, Ive decided to go with the Super 5SC because even though the the 5B has a better motor being the fact the it only is a 2wd ive noticed that its constanty spinning out and I watched a review of it on the unltimatercnetwork and even though its fast they said its a chore to drive, so much so that its not even fun. So im going with the 5sc and in time if I feel the need for more power Ill upgrade the motor and esc. I sold my Bandit VXL for the same reason. After I purchased the Traxxas 1/10 Rally I realized how much more fun it was to drive and my Bandit became a paper weight even though it was way faster than my 4x4 Slash and my Rally.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Actually, I didnt post it, but after doing more research and looking at user videos of people running the two RC's, Ive decided to go with the Super 5SC because even though the the 5B has a better motor being the fact the it only is a 2wd ive noticed that its constanty spinning out and I watched a review of it on the unltimatercnetwork and even though its fast they said its a chore to drive, so much so that its not even fun. So im going with the 5sc and in time if I feel the need for more power Ill upgrade the motor and esc. I sold my Bandit VXL for the same reason. After I purchased the Traxxas 1/10 Rally I realized how much more fun it was to drive and my Bandit became a paper weight even though it was way faster than my 4x4 Slash and my Rally.
You'll be impressed at how well it goes right out of the box. Make sure you run it on 6s though.

My mate is in the process of changing from the stock setup to a Tekin RX8 Gen 2 and a Tekin T8 Gen2 1350kv. He'll be running it geared up on 6s. I'll make sure I let you know how it goes.. In fact, I'll be down his way and able to have a drive of it in just under two weeks.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Thats due to tires, get a set of actual good tires... and hold on. Just like on 1/10 buggies, dont expect to drive with terrible rtr tires, but put a set of actual race tires on, and it becomes more fun to drive than 4wd in my opinion.