Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Werks Collari .21 B3

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Werks Collari .21 B3

Moving up in the motor world. Need some help I've been looking at either the Werks Collari .21 B3, RB .21 Comp 7 WS 7 11 or a Novarossi Top 5 .21. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure all of the above would be a vast improvement from my Ofna .26 Force.

Brad
Old 06-27-2005, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

yes all are good

B3 - for small medium tracks $200
P5 - Best all round motor, great bottom and good top end $250
WS7II - Good Bottom end and explosive mid and top end $290

I use the Ws7 myself and it lasts well over 6 gallons!!!

once it loses compression get it piched for $15 and change the rod and it will last another 3 gallons!!
Old 06-28-2005, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Hi BigBadJabba...

Just wondering the P5 you refering to, is it the turbo or non-turbo version or did you tried both ?

Thanks !
Old 06-28-2005, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm currently running the Collari B7 and I love it. There are quite a few guys around here running the B3 and having great luck with it as well. You won't go wrong with them.

The P5 wasanother engine I was looking at very seriously because it has a ton of bottom snort to it. The top end is very good as well, but the bottm end is stupid snappy.

The WS7 II isn't a bottom end motor. There are little things you can do to help but it's a speedy engine more than anything.

All three are great. Look around to see what other guys are running. If you see something that you like, ask the guy. Most people will be more than willing. Any other questions, feel free to come back and ask.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:10 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

I have a WS7II, C5, P5, Collari B7 7 port, 421B among others. The Collari is my latest addition and it is wicked fast, bottom, mid and top. I'm very impressed with this motor. The WS7II is another good bottom end motor if it's setup right. The mistake most make is using a composite clutch and top end pipe. The composite clutches like the ones OFNA makes are heavy and release too quickly cause the motor to bog. No amount of tuning will fix this. If you want good "squirt" from corner to corner on a tight track with good performance down the straight then use a Mugen aluminum clutch with 1.0 or 1.1 springs and an OFNA 063 pipe. Sunday I raced my collari against a field containing a WS7II, 421B, OS Vspec, JP Racing, P5 and was consistantly 1st into the 1st turn with this combo. We have a big triple that most have trouble clearing. The Collari cleared it with ease without a big setup run.
For the money, I'd recommend the new Collari B7 7 port. You can get them on ebay for $220 to $240 new in box.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Collari B7, $244 @ amainhobbies.com. I'm just getting mine figured out but I'm pleased so far. Most are finding that the OS 2050 pipe gives the best efficiency/power. I have tried the 2050 and an Ofna 053 (midrange) and both produced good power but the 2050 makes the temps come down and seems to keep a more stable tune.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bad Mika
Hi BigBadJabba...

Just wondering the P5 you refering to, is it the turbo or non-turbo version or did you tried both ?

Thanks !

hey,

i use just standard, i got an extra turbo button head, but i never used it yet.... i was told the turbo plugs are more hard to tune, so i never tried it... turbo gives a bit more power, but u prob wont notice it and for a tune free hassles go with the standard...