Old 10-06-2013, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Nice copy of the team c car design.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
Nice copy of the team c car design.
rudebits have used this design for years:-)
Old 10-06-2013, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oddski View Post
rudebits have used this design for years:-)
Ah, so its a conversion then? I retract my statement. At our local carpet tract, that design works great.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
Ah, so its a conversion then? I retract my statement. At our local carpet tract, that design works great.
yes, it needs an kyosho sp and an rb donor cars, plus a specially wheighted driveshaft(db1). not sure about the db2.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

This looks like it uses just the rb6. The db1 need the 4wd abs 2wd parts. Interesting.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Shorty only. Sweet car. Just spendy with all those donor parts. Still want one : )
Old 10-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asc6000 View Post
Shorty only. Sweet car. Just spendy with all those donor parts. Still want one : )
Got a DB1 for sale, Ordered it 3 days before Kyosho released the RB6. Roller only,Come's with big bores and fully built ball and gear diff rear ends. PM me for price if interested
Old 10-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Looks cool!! I think needs at least a donor wheeler and maybe just the rb6 front end. The rear gearbox has to be from a wheeler with the shafty layout.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Really looking forward to this one, the DB1 is awesome already and this new one will be even better (more steering and more rear grip as well as RB6 front).

I love my DB but I struggled on wet greasy astro even if I found good setups in such case.

You will need a whole rear block from a FS/FS2 as well as slipper/spur assembly, motor mount, its front plastic counterpart and the gray spur cover.

It's an awesome car on the track, very fast and very good on whoops and small jumps. I especially like the feel of driving it, a mix between a regular 2wd and a 4wd, that's something different plus I could turn on the inside of any 2wd easy with the DB1.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Tech Addict

While on a business trip to England I was able to race my rear motor B4.2 on Astroturf against all the mid-motor cars. First on wet medium grip outdoor astroturf at Stotfold and then on high grip astroturf at Silverstone. I had the opportunity to meet and race with Kev Lee. He is running the Team C TM2 now but was part of the development for the DB1. The DB2 looks like the right design for almost all grip levels IMHO. After adding more than 3 oz. to my B4.2 it started to perform but nowhere near as good as the mid motor cars. The new Schumacher KF and the Team C TM2 were among the best performing cars on the track even on medium grip surfaces. In the USA there seems to be a move to more mid motor cars and I believe that the DB2 is the right balance for layout. The shorty pack on one side with the motor/ESC on the other side provides mass in the right location and offers tuning options that other configuration cannot due. My B4.2 is an example. I had to add so much more weight forward to counter the mass of the motor hanging behind the rear axle that I could not corner or accelerate as fast as others. It effected rotation in the corners as well.

I found this thread as part of some research to support an AE based design using the B4.2 and B44.2 with the same layout. I read that Dave Burton, the man behind the design, tried the AE architecture for his first DB1 prototype and it was great but lacked rear traction when compared to the Kyosho architecture. I would have to imagine that the AE architecture would perform much better with the shorty layout design.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

Very impressed with mine so far, very good on medium/high grip. Getting the setup dialled in as the mid/mid layout is quite different to a traditional mid motor car, I can be a lot smoother and much less aggressive with the car than with the RB6.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Chris-s View Post

Very impressed with mine so far, very good on medium/high grip. Getting the setup dialled in as the mid/mid layout is quite different to a traditional mid motor car, I can be a lot smoother and much less aggressive with the car than with the RB6.
Looks very nice Chris. It would be great to see your set-up details for medium grip tracks.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default More pics...

Here's another one...

I like most I think who own a DB2 I also have a DB1, with this time of the year I race on medium to low grip gym floors with carpet sections, I would never really run my DB1 on this sort of surface as I did struggle a little on low grip surfaces with it.

Wanting to get my DB2 on the track I run it on a regular club night, I was pleasantly surprised it was very easy to drive and handled the slippy/low grip sections very well. I have only still run it a couple of times but it seems asif it's going to be a very good alrounder :-)
Old 12-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TomErickson View Post
Looks very nice Chris. It would be great to see your set-up details for medium grip tracks.
Tom, Should have one on Petit soon: http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/...debitsDB2.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.