Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
losi drivers have choice of 4wd for the year. >

losi drivers have choice of 4wd for the year.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

losi drivers have choice of 4wd for the year.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 02:22 AM
Suspended

Default losi drivers have choice of 4wd for the year.

quoted from 4wdrc.com. guess lsoi decided not everyone races on a asphault track with jumps.

LOSI ALLOWS DRIVERS TO USE XX-4 OR XXX-4
AT MAJOR 2005 EVENTS.

Team Losi drivers have been told they will be allowed to use either the xx-4 or xxx-4 at the major European events this summer. Losi recognizes that the xxx-4 is not well suited to the French track where the Euros will be held, and the track in Collegno Italy for the Worlds is also expected to be rough. As is well known, the xx-4 is much better at rough conditions than the newer car, and this can be seen as tacit admission of that fact.

We're still trying to find out if this announcement pertains to the ROAR Mod Nats at R/C Madness in Connecticut. This track is outdoors and clay, usually including large jumps, a relatively rough surface, and lots of dust. This too is a track probably well-suited to the xx-4.

Several parts which are rarely broken, such as belt covers, the rear bearing blocks, etc. have been or are scheduled to be discontinued, and Losi is making a special batch of these to make sure they're available to the Team drivers for these summer events. As far as we know now, these are simply the standard parts. Almost any "updated" or "revised" parts would require changes to the chassis, and we understand no such changes are contemplated at this time.

Losi has long dominated 4WD at the Worlds, but they are facing significant new competition from Durango, JConcepts, and X Factory, as well as possible new entries from Predator, Kyosho, and Shumaker. With Ryan Cavalieri's defection to JConcepts and the drubbing he handed the Losi drivers in Tampa, it seems Losi's "automatic" 4WD wins are not so sure any more, so Losi is moving to help their drivers be competitive.

Stand by, this is going to be the most interesting 4WD summer in a long time. The World's Warm-Ups are just three weeks away, and we should see some initial developments then.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:36 AM
Suspended

Wow!! you make it look like you know what your talking about!!
Old 06-12-2005, 04:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Goooo predator !!
if they manage to deliver it on time...

edit: You forgot Yokomo I think...
Old 06-12-2005, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

All the Losi drivers at the Worlds' Warm-Up drove xx-4s, including Amezcua and Steenari, who made the A. You can find many details of the 4WD Warm-Up event at www.4wdrc.com .
Old 06-17-2005, 07:34 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Wonder what it would have been like if they had to use the XXX-4s.

I remember reading reviews in various magazines about the XXX-4 and its lack of handling on rough stuff. they all addressed it as setup based, but to me at least, seems that even losi knows that the XXX-4 can't be setup to handle the rough stuff like a XX-4.

I really wonder if losi gets beat here, they go back to the drawing board and make a dedicated 4wd buggy?
Old 06-17-2005, 08:29 PM
Suspended

i think they should just do what chazz did. take xx4 suspension and diffs and put it into a more effiecient drive train. the one belt design is all the xx4 needs to be fast and the x5 conversion proves that.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

The drivetrain on the XX-4 is moe than efficient enough.The extra pullies and so on make it this way.
The ONLY complaint the XX-4 has EVER had was the pain of servicing the diffs and or belts if they broke or wore.
Almost EVERY team member was cutting the tunnel of the car so that you could service the car taking out less than half of the screws needed as before.
This car is a incrediable car and works just fine even on hard packed surfaces.
Jukka and Rick Howart traded their XXX-4's in at the Losi Race the 1st year for XX-4's because it simply worked better.
The car is great.
Les
Old 06-21-2005, 02:35 PM
Tech Legend

The problem I had with the XX-4 was it tendency to really work a motor and its glass jaw front end. I never had luck with the bulkheads and even had parts of the front chassis just crumble. Other than that the vehicle was quite the handler, no complaints there.

I have seen an X-5 go and the conversion really does wonders, good job Young Chazz.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Good news for you Matt, this should make the XX-4 you STOLE from me more valuable.

Originally Posted by THE_REAL_FROBOY
LOSI ALLOWS DRIVERS TO USE XX-4 OR XXX-4
AT MAJOR 2005 EVENTS.

Team Losi drivers have been told they will be allowed to use either the xx-4 or xxx-4 at the major European events this summer. Losi recognizes that the xxx-4 is not well suited to the French track where the Euros will be held, and the track in Collegno Italy for the Worlds is also expected to be rough. As is well known, the xx-4 is much better at rough conditions than the newer car, and this can be seen as tacit admission of that fact.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:48 PM
Tech Legend

He still hasn't given you your money back?
Old 06-28-2005, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

Haha, of course not ... he has fed me some great lines of BS though!
Old 06-29-2005, 05:45 AM
Tech Legend

I hope you take this up with some authorities, enough is enough.