Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW Yokomo Off Road Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 09:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default NEW Yokomo Off Road Buggy

just starting a thread about this new buggy, does anyone know anything about it the prototype was used at the worlds warm up but the yokomo site has nothing on, when will it be avaiable, how much? and what does it look like under the hood
Old 06-25-2005, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It looks like this:
Attached Thumbnails NEW Yokomo Off Road Buggy-yok1.jpeg   NEW Yokomo Off Road Buggy-yok2.jpeg   NEW Yokomo Off Road Buggy-yok3.jpeg   NEW Yokomo Off Road Buggy-yok4.jpeg  
Old 06-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

looks alot like the last one with only a few mods, a bit more blue stuff, would be good to see the specs and a clean build pics from yokomo, might be the first off road purchase for a while if it is a better and easier to build than the last one
Old 06-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

They just keep updating their BC....I had the original MR4-BC....it was pretty sweet, but no part availability at my track so couldn't keep it.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mafiaracers
They just keep updating their BC....I had the original MR4-BC....it was pretty sweet, but no part availability at my track so couldn't keep it.
You need to look at the pictures again

This is way new!!! It looks like a BD version for offroad. I mean that the drivetrain layout looks like its derived off the BD onroad chassis. Just look at the open rear bulkhead showing the rear diff. Also the spur gear that is up towards the middle of the chassis out in the open held by aluminum and graphite plate. Lastly, the rear arms have a new design where it is bent sort of "gullwing" style. This looks like some major prototyping here.

Of course, depending on how they did and what results they got from its testing, you'll never know whether any of this will make it to production. Just the fact that they're working on one is exciting. For all the 4wheel fans out there this could be an indication that 4 wheel is alive!!!!
Old 06-29-2005, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Those rear arms are from the B4.

They have gone with a very narrow rear diff, with the rear belt running down the centrline of the car. It's also apparent that they've tried to reduce any weight from behind the rear axle line by moving the shocks / shock tower forward.

And is that a dual-disk B4 slipper in there?
Old 08-28-2005, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Old 08-29-2005, 12:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

chassis layout is similar to the xx4, motor forward batts back, looks awesome, i hope they keep the pin type wheel mounting and hex for the front so we can use aftermarket wheels.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

C'mon YOKOMO Give Us something about your new baby
Old 11-01-2005, 03:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

http://www.yokomousa.com/JA_site/Team%20Yokomo.htm

Scroll down. You see they plan on releasing the new buggy with very few changes from the prototype version. I'm sure the wheels will be the same as the MR4BCS wheels. They are actually cheaper then others so I don't mind this much but it would be nice to be able to use my B4 rear wheels with the Yokomo too but you can't always have your cake and eat it too!

Japanese sources say the buggy will be a copy of Masami's buggy he races at the worlds in Italy.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:55 AM
Tech Addict

I have some nice large photos of masamis italy car here:

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/yokomoproto/

I was told it would be just after Xmas.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

We also got a few shot of this buggy from the iHobby show

New Yokomo 4WD

Steve Wang
Old 11-01-2005, 08:30 AM
Tech Addict

Great! The more cars available, the more people will want to get involved. I think introducing Yokomo's 4-wheel can only help this racing class on its comeback run (well, here in the US at least). I can't wait to see someone wheel this new buggy around the track.
I am puzzled though as to why Yokomo would leave the drivetrain so open (diffs and belts) to the environment? It seems like they would either get fouled during a run, or would have to be cleaned after each run. This certainly wouldn't be a problem with a lot of indoor tracks that use hard packed damp dirt, but outdoor tracks that produce a lot of dust seem like they would ruin the drivetrain on this car.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

If you look at steves photos, or the photos of paul bradbys worlds car they have moulded covers for the diffs..
the chassis is quite well sealed against dirt.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Yes its good to see 4wheel make a comeback with other mfg looking to produce kits again.

However, some of the biggest criticisms on the lack of interest in 4wd was that the cars were somewhat fragile and costly.

The Academy SB sport made us all look back into this sport again with its proven durability, handling and price. Kyosho also seem to have addressed the issues by releasing the car in "molded resin" form but feature packed with items such as the multiple front diff/oneway/spool, threaded alum. shocks, and alum. motor mount which have been costly optional equip in the past.

However, judging from the construction of the Yokomo, being similar to that of its onroad siblings (BD & SD-LCG), it would seem that they have gone in the opposite direction; fragile costly machines.

We need more cars like the Academy (around $200)to bring back interest in the sport. Otherwise we all might as well go 1/8. Just look at the latest RTR OFNA LX COMP and you'll see why.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.