R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-24-2005, 10:46 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to eds24 Send a message via Yahoo to eds24
Default the big debate version 2 e bl stampede vs.....bl rc18t

ok gusy thanks for you help in the last thread that i posted i decided to keep on the bl e stampede because i thoguht that it would be cheaper to go from a stampede to a rc18t if i didn't like the stampede and i ahd enoguh money to get my pede running sooooo i got the bl (ss5800 +) and i got a fm radio ( xs3 ) to go with it and its has been pretty awesome to drive..............but a couple of days after i gto it running i had an accendent .............well its along story but a 1/1 scale truck ran over my stampede and i broke a chassis, chassis brace, servo saver ,my servo ,and stripped the spur gear grrrrrrr well i have been sitting here trying to save up the money to get the parts and i have been looking at the numbers it looks like to get the parts that i need in order to get my pede running again will cost about $30-$50 depending if i get another servo WOW! and i have otehr things that i need to get just to be able to have my pede last with the brushless in it (steel output yokes, metal street sport axles, and alum shock caps ) crap thats like another $30!!! and if i don't get a servo when i get the parts to get it running then it going to be another $25!! because we all know that a stock servo is going to strip very fast!ok soo its going to be like $90 just in parts to get my pede running again and for it to last as long as i don't race anymore 1/1 scale trucks again....that is total crap i hate the fact that i have to hop-up the pede just so i can run it the money that i am using to be able to run a bl in shoudl be going toward extra parts!! i knwo that parts are going to ware out with the pede but not being able to jump it with out having a shock cap come off and a servo stripping just plane sux!! i really like driving the pede and i havn't even really jumped it yet but its getting exspensive and if its $90 just to get it back up and running after a crash and have it be able to last and jump i can't imagine how much it is going to be if i keeping on crashing........now i know that a truck will do more damage then a crash but still ok sooooo finally what i am asking should i keep the pede and keep on paying a bunch after i crash or after something wares out........or shoudl i sell it and get a bl rc18t???? it looks like i won't loss any money if i sell the pede with the ss5800+ and 3 gp3300 batteries and a mrc 959 i will actually make money hehe i had it planned out get really good deals don't like it sell it for more then i payed the reasons that i would get a rc18t is because its small and easy to take to bashing spots , i can race it at the local track, and ...............the most important fact parts and eletronics are cheaper then 1/10th parts and eletronics oohhh yea since its cheaper my parents might support me more ( of course not finacialy but they might like it better ) and my dad is talking about if i get a rc18t then he would and we could race and bash together ahhhhh father/son time ......or yea duhhhhhh i have some sweet garden space that i have started to make a mini track in........so yea should i get a rc18t or stay with the pede and battle out the $$$ issue?please let me know! thanks ethan
eds24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:25 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to hurley081182 Send a message via Yahoo to hurley081182

stay with the pede!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2005, 10:52 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to eds24 Send a message via Yahoo to eds24

OK and why do you say that???ethan peace
eds24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 08:44 AM   #4
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

If you want some more cash left over go with the RC18T as parts and electronics are cheaper then the Pede's.

Sean
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote