Like Tree28Likes

TLR 22-4 THREAD

Old 03-22-2014, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default blah

i havent had any issues with my 22-4. i like it, and it likes how i drive it.

i havent broken a single thing on this buggy.

im glad its a belt drive, as ive always liked them.

i feel the tlr have got a great car with the 22-4. there are alot of copies of shaft driven cars around, and they really all look the same, which is a real shame.

i hope team tlr, have some great success with the 22-4, and as much as they have had with the 22 2.0.

i think dakotah phend will turn out to be the best driver in the states in the next year....and maybe the world in a few years. (lets face it there isnt many that are faster.)
Old 03-22-2014, 08:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

What's the latest word on rear axle shafts being back in stock? Sure hate having this buggy collecting dust... :-(
Old 03-22-2014, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kufman
Anybody had any trouble with a front suspension tweak? I had to unscrew the front right shock two turns to get the front wheels to come down at the same time (chassis supported by round stock on a table. The rear is fine and I know my shocks were the same length before I adjusted the one (calipers).
true , with the shocks same length everything you measure the same yet its out. i looked at others cars and they have it too, think its the chassis kick bend out just a little , found it dont hamper the car much at all tho the droop on one side 2mm lower .
Old 03-22-2014, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RPS52
What's the latest word on rear axle shafts being back in stock? Sure hate having this buggy collecting dust... :-(
i was told 1.5 months , mip will have as i was told maybe next month . sucks i know
Old 03-22-2014, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mark-rc
ASAP! Hopefully.

Here in the UK, on high grip carpet or Astro Turf, the ball diff's are struggling! I took 40 minutes bedding the diff's in, and when done, they were silky smooth. But one meeting on high grip carpet and the rear diff is needing a rebuild already! And before anyone says I didn't brake them in properly, well I did. I followed the TLR 22 running in video.

The power of today's Motors and batteries are to much for the ball diff, when used on high to very high grip tracks.

Geared diff's will also make the car feel more alive and faster.

So please, please ,please TLR, give us Geared diff's!
i 2nd this i want gear diffs too big time , but i love the belts
Old 03-22-2014, 10:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

The other local 22-4 driver broke one a few weeks ago and used a TLR 22 axle with an RB6 outdrive. He said it's the only fix while we wait for 22-4 rear universal sets. I'm not 100% sure if he used a 22 universal or a cvd axle but I'm pretty sure he used the universal. When I looked on amain for the 22 universal sets they are all out of stock and I couldn't find just the axle. So I'm not sure where he sourced the parts or what.

The rear universal set is the only replacement part I don't have stocked up. So this is defiantly my biggest worry, last I checked amain was supposed to get them 3-28, which is coming up. But talking to the amain warehouse staff I told them rumor had it horizon wasn't getting more till Mid-April. When I said that they told me that that might be right and if it was amain would push back the "in stock" date back. I can't see them doing this though. So I am still hopeful we will have more universals next friday. If they get them in, and front arms, I'm going to buy a ton of them. I have driven up to amain's warehouse now I think 3 weeks in a row just because there is 0 parts support locally. So I can drive 4 hours or wait 4 days. Lately I just make the drive and then use store credit/coupons to compensate for the 30$ in gas.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TorcRacing
The other local 22-4 driver broke one a few weeks ago and used a TLR 22 axle with an RB6 outdrive. He said it's the only fix while we wait for 22-4 rear universal sets. I'm not 100% sure if he used a 22 universal or a cvd axle but I'm pretty sure he used the universal. When I looked on amain for the 22 universal sets they are all out of stock and I couldn't find just the axle. So I'm not sure where he sourced the parts or what.

The rear universal set is the only replacement part I don't have stocked up. So this is defiantly my biggest worry, last I checked amain was supposed to get them 3-28, which is coming up. But talking to the amain warehouse staff I told them rumor had it horizon wasn't getting more till Mid-April. When I said that they told me that that might be right and if it was amain would push back the "in stock" date back. I can't see them doing this though. So I am still hopeful we will have more universals next friday. If they get them in, and front arms, I'm going to buy a ton of them. I have driven up to amain's warehouse now I think 3 weeks in a row just because there is 0 parts support locally. So I can drive 4 hours or wait 4 days. Lately I just make the drive and then use store credit/coupons to compensate for the 30$ in gas.

WHY??? Would he need to run a RB6 outdrive, bcz he is running a 22drive shaft? The 22 ball fits the 22-4 outdrive.

There are a couple of direct work arounds for the axles, no geometry change. I just need to dbl check the hex/pin pos.. Before saying more.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Sent you a PM
Old 03-23-2014, 06:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

The 22 axle does fit in the hub perfectly, but the dog bone side is a bit too long. It bottoms out on the outdrive and diff nut when the suspension is even slightly compressed.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
true , with the shocks same length everything you measure the same yet its out. i looked at others cars and they have it too, think its the chassis kick bend out just a little , found it dont hamper the car much at all tho the droop on one side 2mm lower .
That would make sense. Maybe the next time I have the front and apart I will take a look at the chassis. The only reason I fixed it is because my local track is super high bite clay and I am worried about getting an on power pull to the one side. Not usually a problem with off road cars, but when you have a lot of traction they tend to drive like touring cars. Touring cars exhibit funny behavior if the droops are not equal (unless it is a TC3 and you make them unequal on purpose).
Old 03-23-2014, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GNS Racing 86
oh and 3rd with a fairly new buggy out of 44... mostly stacked with the best drivers in the world i would say is a very good day...good job Dakotah !!
Ya, and he probably would have won if he didn't have such a rough start in the A3 main. Got flipped on the first lap and fell way back.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:15 PM
Tech Adept

I'm so sick of this car breaking! I can run my 22 and b5m all day long at the track without anything breaking. I've had my 22 for over six months and I've only broke twice - one front shock tower, and one spindle. Almost every time I drive my 22-4 it breaks a front a-arm. Last time it was an a-arm the first run and a rear hub shortly after. Until there is a fix, I'm done with this car.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

naters what did u hit ? i have never broke my 22-4 without hitting something really hard and really fast . not once has my 22-4 broke that wasnt operator error .
Old 03-23-2014, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tlr224
naters what did u hit ? i have never broke my 22-4 without hitting something really hard and really fast . not once has my 22-4 broke that wasnt operator error .
I second this... I've put almost a hundred packs through my 22-4 now and haven't broken a thing yet.

What on earth are you hitting???
Old 03-23-2014, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have over 30 pack on this car and the only thing I broke was an a-arm ( I hit a metal beam), car for me is really durable and fast.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.