R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   8t 1.0.....replacement chassis? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/759876-8t-1-0-replacement-chassis.html)

Yosh70 09-20-2013 11:01 PM

8t 1.0.....replacement chassis?

So I'm selling a couple of my 8T's and wanted to keep one and make it better performing. I'd like to start off with a new chassis but is there anything available besides the Tekno one? Will a 2.0 one work that I converted using the Losi kit?

BashemSmashem 09-21-2013 04:37 AM

Yes it will , but you will need the rear center CVD as the 2.0 chassis is longer .....

Yosh70 09-21-2013 09:22 PM

Ok.....sounds good. If I order the chassis, rear shaft, chassis guards and a 2.0 body, is there anything else I should need to change? Shocks and towers are down the road I'm thinking possibly along with aluminum front and rear braces.....

8ight-e 09-22-2013 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Yosh70 (Post 12562581)
So I'm selling a couple of my 8T's and wanted to keep one and make it better performing. I'd like to start off with a new chassis but is there anything available besides the Tekno one? Will a 2.0 one work that I converted using the Losi kit?

Originally Posted by Yosh70 (Post 12564922)
Ok.....sounds good. If I order the chassis, rear shaft, chassis guards and a 2.0 body, is there anything else I should need to change? Shocks and towers are down the road I'm thinking possibly along with aluminum front and rear braces.....

The truggy is a littler harder to convert, than the buggy.

#1 I'd highly consider the tekno kit, get a new 2.0 length chassis and get better/more options for setup, including the ability to use an e-clutch or the traction drive.
#2 you will need a 2.0 rear center shaft, a 2.0 rear shock tower, 2.0 rear body mounts and a 2.0 body at a minimum.

This by no means converts you to a 2.0 version especially on the rear end... most items are different hubs, arms, turnbuckles, shocks, cvds, etc etc etc. So in reality it's more like a 1.5 conversion and just swap the parts I listed above. 2.0 are Zero offset, so you will want to stay with the same offset wheels if you don't do a full front and rear conversion. Way too much money tied up in this, so again stick with a 8ight-t 1.5 until you change/upgrade.

Tekno did make a 8ight-t 1.0 conversion kit as well.... just a thought.

Yosh70 09-22-2013 09:52 PM

Maybe you misunderstand.....I have only one converted 8T left and that is the one that has the Losi kit installed. I did have a Tekno kit in one but it sold the other day.

Well today I've ordered the Losi 2.0 chassis, the guards and rear shaft and picked up a 2.0 clear body from a newly opened RC shop here in town. So a rear shock tower and mounts are next I guess.