R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   transmitter reciever what is BEST (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/75754-transmitter-reciever-what-best.html)

streetstock 06-21-2005 10:23 AM

transmitter reciever what is BEST

just wondering what everyone opinions where on tx and rx what brand and style, 27 or 75, and so on.

Mr. Shookie 06-21-2005 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by streetstock
just wondering what everyone opinions where on tx and rx what brand and style, 27 or 75, and so on.

Spektrum and be done...No crystals to buy and no time wasted on waiting for your freq to free up...No glitches and the speed is the same..
The best RC product to come out his year.....
But there might be more coming so keep your ear to the ground
Also Nimble Motorsports has a Glitchless system out called the dart go to his forum in comercial part of this site.
-Stephen <><

Team Duratrax 06-23-2005 04:33 PM

It is expensive though.What is the difference between 27mhz and 75mhz anyway?

Sean

AE Racer 06-23-2005 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Team Duratrax
It is expensive though.What is the difference between 27mhz and 75mhz anyway?

Sean

They're different frequency bands. 27 and 75mhz are the bands used by ground vehicals, and planes use 72mhz and possibly other bands (I dont know). There are only like 6 different channels on 27mhz and like 30 on 75mhz. There are more 75mhz channels and most rtr cars use 27mhz, so most people use 75mhz to avoid conflicts. Although some pro drivers use 27mhz because the channels are spaced farther apart over the band so there's less of a chance of interference and glitching.

AE Racer 06-23-2005 07:09 PM

Do a search, there are alot of threads discussing radios in the electric on-road forum.

Sofast-NT 06-24-2005 08:08 AM

M-8 and a Spektrum.I hate a crystal!!!!!!!!!

Team Duratrax 06-26-2005 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by AE Racer
They're different frequency bands. 27 and 75mhz are the bands used by ground vehicals, and planes use 72mhz and possibly other bands (I dont know). There are only like 6 different channels on 27mhz and like 30 on 75mhz. There are more 75mhz channels and most rtr cars use 27mhz, so most people use 75mhz to avoid conflicts. Although some pro drivers use 27mhz because the channels are spaced farther apart over the band so there's less of a chance of interference and glitching.

Thanks a lot :nod: now what is the difference between FM and AM?

Thanks
Sean

dakrat 06-26-2005 10:21 AM

the smalled rx is crystal operated (ko 302).

rushdude 06-26-2005 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Team Duratrax
Thanks a lot :nod: now what is the difference between FM and AM?

Thanks
Sean

Clarity. Listen to am on the radio than listen to fm.

venomousRC 06-26-2005 09:15 PM

If you are on a budget the JR XS3 Pro is a great radio. I bought it since I like the feel of JR better than anything else. There are many different brands out there. The best would probably be the Futaba, or the Airtronice M8. They just cost alot more and so do the recievers. The rx for the JR is 74 dollars so if yo urun multiple cars its nice. Another choice is if you are going to go with the Spektrum you need one of the much higher dollar radios.