Team Durango vehicles

Team Durango vehicles

Old 09-05-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Hurry up boys, almost all sold out!!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:20 AM
Tech Rookie

This is all marketing strategy. The only way to get their product in the hands of new racers and die hard fans of others companies is to offer a price way lower than the competition. This helps populate the market with their product and will increase the demand for parts support. The prices are so low I bought 3 kits, dex410v3, dex210 and a Desc210. I've always raced associated cars but one thing I noticed was the quality of the build on the durangos exceed that of associated. On my associated b4.1 and B4.2, I had to file suspension parts and chassis to make them fit properly, big bore shocks rub against camber link and springs rub against shock body, lots of play in suspension. With the durangos, I have not come across any of these issues. Fitment on Durangos are spot on, they even have Logos on their parts, just quality stuff!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by giantdefy View Post
This is all marketing strategy. The only way to get their product in the hands of new racers and die hard fans of others companies is to offer a price way lower than the competition. This helps populate the market with their product and will increase the demand for parts support. The prices are so low I bought 3 kits, dex410v3, dex210 and a Desc210. I've always raced associated cars but one thing I noticed was the quality of the build on the durangos exceed that of associated. On my associated b4.1 and B4.2, I had to file suspension parts and chassis to make them fit properly, big bore shocks rub against camber link and springs rub against shock body, lots of play in suspension. With the durangos, I have not come across any of these issues. Fitment on Durangos are spot on, they even have Logos on their parts, just quality stuff!
On top of the excellent fitment of the parts, the longevity is great too. The only thing I've noticed that really wears is the caster block inserts- and they can be changed for a few dollars. All other pivots stay nice and snug while still moving freely.

I'm not sure what the reasoning is for the price drops, though I've heard plenty of internet rumors as to why. But like others have said, at the price point you really can't go wrong.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Nicely put, those that did purchase their products and liked them will do so again when the next model drops. BRILLANT way to get More Durango's at the track. One of the local hobby shops started carrying parts even. Things are looking up.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Too funny. I purchased 2 kits myself (DEX410V3 and the DEX210). Going to give TD a try.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The fitment and durability issues are why I sold my AE stuff a few years ago.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Team Durango engineered their cars very well. And they are unique in the way of design and a from a visual aspect.

I like standing out from the crowd but I wouldn't sacrifice performance for looks in RC racing. Don't have to now. We have a couple personal Durango for us here at the shop and I like them all but especially the short course trucks.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I agree s.amadorJR, If you look across the pond at whats happening in Europe you'll see that if a Durango isn't on podium its for 1 of 2 reasons. 1. The person driving was a complete novice or 2 no one ran a Durango (which is a rare occurance).
Old 09-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Tech Rookie

This is great that Durango has lowered their price. Should get a lot more people interested in the hobby and hopefully have more tracks to race on!
Old 09-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

With the drop in price... my home track now has 4-5 guys with them....Pro4 is still growing here and they're very happy with the product. I've been racing Durango's since the release of the V1 DESC410R and now it's all I run. Glad to see this for sure
Old 09-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

I have the 410, 210, DEX408 and DNX408, the 410 is unreal, 210 is awesome i like my DNX and the DEX408 is my first 8e but seems pretty good, very durable, very easy to work at, lutz is very helpful, always improving there cars, tech support is good, i dont have any disadvantages, i ran losi before and hated it compared to durango!
Old 05-23-2014, 06:57 AM
Tech Addict

I just want to take a moment to thank the team Durango tech support. I have had a few Durangos and with one of my trucks i had problems with the diffs. Shipping took a while but TD sent me over 3 new sets of diff gears without any hassle what so ever.

Thats how business should be done! Treat your customers well and you will be repaid in loyalty.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I run 4 of the Team Durango 1/10 line. The buggies and trucks are great. They are constantly evolving and coming out with innovative products. For a smaller company, their results are excellent. A great portion if the parts are interchangeable on the Dex210 buggy, Desc210 and Dest210 so you can set up a small parts supply for that and same goes for the Desc410 and Dex410.

They already have new models out for the 2 wheel drive buggy (Dex210v2) and 4 wheel drive buggy (Dex410v4). I would not hesitate to grab the vehicles at any competitive price let alone the sale prices which are unbeatable.

If I can help you with anything just let me know.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Oooh, one thing that im just gonna throw out into the great wide interweb is that i would love to see a factory shorty conversion for the desc410. That is all.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:10 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

I picked up some dex210s used on a whim. One had a motor and ESC and was a team edition with some spares for $70 shipped. even had some alloy upgrades, the other came fully decked out tons of tires and wheels, parts, etc. for $250.

After having my first race with them I am happy with the purchase, and durability was good considering the track is a 1/8 scale track, just need to improve the driver lol.