Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
losi 8ight t e setup >

losi 8ight t e setup

losi 8ight t e setup

Old 08-24-2013, 08:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default losi 8ight t e setup

trying to set up up my losi 8ight t e and honestly I'm not the best but, with practice ill pick it up. figured i would look up some comparable set ups to use as a starting point and take it from there. i seem to only be able to find setups for nitro losi 8t t. I'm not sure but id imagine there going to be different for electric? theres gotta be a descent weight/weight distribution difference. I'm running the losi conversion with a tekin t8 setup using a 4s lipo. any advice is good advice. please, fill me in
Old 08-24-2013, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Welcome to e-truggy! I have a losi 8-t 2.0 with the tekno conversion and I think I have a decent setup on it, at least it will give you a baseline:

Diffs: 7/7/3 (Sometimes go to 7/5/3 depending on the track)

Springs: Black front/Xray Violet Rears (little longer than the stock springs and just a touch heavier)

Shocks: Front-54/40w, Rear-55/30w (I think last time I went to 35w but may not have updated my sheet)
Shock location: Front - #2 inside, #2 inside
Ride Height: 25mm front, 29mm rear
Sway bars - Stock
Camber: 2 degrees front, -2 degrees rear
Motor/Esc/Battery: Tekin 2250/Hobbywing 150/Turnigy 4s

If you want a full setup sheet check out Todd Hodges general setup as that well get you going with a good baseline setup.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mkiiina View Post
Welcome to e-truggy! I have a losi 8-t 2.0 with the tekno conversion and I think I have a decent setup on it, at least it will give you a baseline:

Diffs: 7/7/3 (Sometimes go to 7/5/3 depending on the track)

Springs: Black front/Xray Violet Rears (little longer than the stock springs and just a touch heavier)

Shocks: Front-54/40w, Rear-55/30w (I think last time I went to 35w but may not have updated my sheet)
Shock location: Front - #2 inside, #2 inside
Ride Height: 25mm front, 29mm rear
Sway bars - Stock
Camber: 2 degrees front, -2 degrees rear
Motor/Esc/Battery: Tekin 2250/Hobbywing 150/Turnigy 4s

If you want a full setup sheet check out Todd Hodges general setup as that well get you going with a good baseline setup.
great info i appreciate it. from what i see it isn't to dramatically different then the setups on nitros. the violet springs your speaking of are those similar to the losi purples? i was going to run the silver/grey in the rears at it seems to be the common setup. is the electric setup heavier then nitro?
normally i just bash and thats a run what you brung thing. setups don't seem to change the outcomes that much. i stopped at a local track to try it out for the first time. for me and the car. what a slap of reality.lol it was totally all wrong. running badlands don't work. it wouldn't turn what so ever unless i totally came of throttle and even then it had terrible understeer. so, thats what I'm doing now trying to set it up better. put on a set of aka impacts soft. I'm imagining they'll do better then badlands on the track. thanks
Old 08-24-2013, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Very similiar setups for the most part. I had the silvers (too soft) and the purples (too bouncy) and it was hard to get the correct ride height in the rear without having the collars cranked down almost to the end.

Badlands are great bashing tires but as you found out a poor race tire. Impacts are good but check what your local guys run, usually they can steer you in the right direction. Soft are a good compound as a balance between grip and longevity. We tend to run SS and S gridirons and I have a set of Calibers to try as well.

Good luck!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Very similiar setups for the most part. I had the silvers (too soft) and the purples (too bouncy) and it was hard to get the correct ride height in the rear without having the collars cranked down almost to the end.

Badlands are great bashing tires but as you found out a poor race tire. Impacts are good but check what your local guys run, usually they can steer you in the right direction. Soft are a good compound as a balance between grip and longevity. We tend to run SS and S gridirons and I have a set of Calibers to try as well.

Good luck!
went out to the track yesterday after setting it up better. it was a world of difference. tires were a great improvement. i felt such a difference having it set up better then it was. i still need practice but, i picked up allot from just running yesterday. i agree with the silver springs comment. to soft I'm cranked all the way down. and on some of the speed check bumps it was kicking my rear way up. bottoming out. what is the part number for those springs you had mentioned id like to try them out. one thing i need to tune better is its great coming out of the turn but, not so going into the turn. i find my riding style would suit me if I'm set up better going into the turn. if i go in out of shape im spending time trying to correct coming out of the turns. thanks for your help !
Old 08-25-2013, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

remove the plastic brace behind the motor mount that is under the motor (if you haven't already). I kept stripping spur gears until I removed it and never had an issue ever again.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Glad to hear things went better. The part number is Xray 358287.

For the plastic block, never had a problem leaving it in. One thing I have done though is continue to use the metal spur. Little more noisy but much more durable. If weight is a concern go with the light weight metal spur.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Glad to hear things went better. The part number is Xray 358287.

For the plastic block, never had a problem leaving it in. One thing I have done though is continue to use the metal spur. Little more noisy but much more durable. If weight is a concern go with the light weight metal spur.
yea was using losi plastic spurs and with the block in they stripped out fairly fast. Metal is the way to go and I would assume using the block I wouldn't of had issues with the spur but lhs only had plastic ones