Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Traxxas 1/16 Gymkhana Rally, to "Stage" Rally >

Traxxas 1/16 Gymkhana Rally, to "Stage" Rally

Traxxas 1/16 Gymkhana Rally, to "Stage" Rally

Old 08-24-2013, 05:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Traxxas 1/16 Gymkhana Rally, to "Stage" Rally

Hey guys I'm new to the r/c realm and decided to pick up the Traxxas 1/16 rally. The car works great but, the guys around where i live mostly race short course trucks. So I want to convert my Rally into a short course rally(if that's a thing :P).

First things on my list are new springs for the shocks and new tires. For springs I'm going to get Traxxas tans for the front and blacks for the back, for tires I thinking Tamiya rally block tires.

After those I'm at a loss as far as what to buy, the car has a tenancy to dive unless I full throttle till the last second, then i have to tap the brakes to drop the nose. So any suggestions?
Old 08-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Well, it's never going to jump like a SC without serious major mods like changing arms and chassis. Mod it some then enjoy it for what it is. Just don't beat a dead horse.
If you can, build a track more like X-games than supercross.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:19 PM
Suspended

while there's no such a thing a shortcourse rally, your biggest stumbling block is that you you should have gotten the 1/10th rally instead of the 1/16th.
had you gotten the larger model, a simple body and wheel/tire change and you could be running with your buddies. since you didn't, you're always going to be the odd man out and not quote able to keep up.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Tech Rookie

The Rally has the all of the same parts as the Slash, only exceptions being that it has a lower set chassis, different bumper, and higher body mounts.

I also realize that a 1/10 scale would have been better, but it was a little more then I had to spend :/
Old 08-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Wolfs Rain View Post
The Rally has the all of the same parts as the Slash, only exceptions being that it has a lower set chassis, different bumper, and higher body
but you got the itty bitty one
Old 08-25-2013, 02:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by hoonigantoo View Post
but you got the itty bitty one
It may be small but it still has power! I think what I'll end up doing is just getting the front and rear bumper, and the front body mount for the Slash. Then go online and get a Slash body off of Ebay or something of the sort. Then i shall have both!