1/10 2wd buggy

Old 08-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Default 1/10 2wd buggy

I have narrowed it down to these , Associated, Losi, Tamiya, and Kyosho, Durango, Which model should i buy? What are the pros/ cons to each

I really like the Tamiya and Associated, anyone have feedback?
Old 08-13-2013, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Buy one of each, and drive them exactly the same on the box stock setup and make your decision.

OR

Find each ones particular thread, and read through the 1000+ pages that we have all spent the time dedicating to so your thread, or threads like this would not be needed.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

As a Tamiya owner, I'd say buy the AE. It's race ready out of the box, where the Tamiya will cost you quite a bit more. The B4.2 comes with big bores and the Tamiya doesn't. The Tamiya is also going through a transition to a metal chassis. If you want to have the most current spec you'll have to shell out another $200 for the updated chassis kit.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

there are lots of kits out there as you know I would base it on parts availability, support and overall performance. you can't go wrong with any of the manufacturers you stated above. I " personally " would choose AE. great buggy to work on easy to setup and tons of aftermarket support.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MOTORCITY View Post
I have narrowed it down to these , Associated, Losi, Tamiya, and Kyosho, Durango, Which model should i buy? What are the pros/ cons to each

I really like the Tamiya and Associated, anyone have feedback?
Haha you didn't really narrow it down much but I just bought a 22b hasn't driven it yet but took a few laps will a friends and it was smooth and easy to drive
Old 08-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I've owned several of them and here are my OPINIONS on each.

Started with the Durango. Great quality, lots of adjustability, too many parts, handled like crap. Hated the car until I put the plastic chassis on which made it bearable, but by then I was done with the car. (Disclaimer: our fast guy runs one, just not the car for me.)

Ran my son's B4.1 for a little while. Easy to drive, no real surprises, lots of slop. If you can deal with a car that feels like it's about to fall apart, this is a great car.

Bought a Losi 22 to try since most of our drivers were running them. Very nice quality, durable, and car handles very flat. Easy to drive and I can't say that I had any real problems with it. Nice car.

Schumacher Cougar. Very nice, possibly overdesigned, great handling car, hate the purple.

Kyosho RB6. Love it. High quality, great handling, easy to adjust, and the best looking in the group (my opinion). Parts can be expensive, but so far I haven't broken anything.

If you're new to the hobby, go with the AE or Losi. I've never driven the Tamiya so I have no opinion.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

+1 for ae!!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Captcha View Post
Buy one of each, and drive them exactly the same on the box stock setup and make your decision.

OR

Find each ones particular thread, and read through the 1000+ pages that we have all spent the time dedicating to so your thread, or threads like this would not be needed.
Nice answer , I can see you are typing just to hear yourself.

Everyone else thanks for your answers , im going with the Associated and will buy my son the Kyosho so we can compare.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice answer , I can see you are typing just to hear yourself.

Everyone else thanks for your answers , im going with the Associated and will buy my son the Kyosho so we can compare.
I think you have it backwards you should buy the Kyosho for yourself and the ae for your son lol
Old 08-13-2013, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mydudrevo View Post
I think you have it backwards you should buy the Kyosho for yourself and the ae for your son lol

+1
Old 08-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mydudrevo View Post
I grew up with the gold pan rc10, so im partial, But the kyosho does look nicer
however I have fallen for the japanese camera so cant wait to see the parts in my hand.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:42 AM
Tech Regular

Yokomo would me my choice. Can drive almost as hard as the kyosho, but with steering somewhat like the b4
Old 08-27-2013, 07:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

You'd do well to get the same car for both of you (the AE). Share part, tools, and setup. Less tinkering, more driving, more progress.

You'll especially appreciate this simplification if you decide to pick up a second racing class.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Captcha View Post

OR

Why even bother "answering" with crap like this?

The AE prob has the best parts support at the moment- (I vote the TLR though)
Old 08-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I actually did by one of each a couple years ago when I returned to the hobby. Made the choice easy after some track time. Kept the car that drove the best for me.
List your piorities.
Cost
Durablity
Parts availablity
Other support like setups and hop-ups
and so on then grade each one on it's merits.
For me the #1 criteria was how it drove on the track. I ran each car for a while then... got the Kyosho. Yes it's expensive, yes the parts aren't stocked locally (zero issue imo), it drove well for me and the lap times were low.
AE no brainer - tons of everything, but you'll be just like everyone else.
TLR sorry it was a dog for me, good car (I ran losi for decades)
Durango I couldn't get rid of that thing fast enough, what a nightmare to work on.
Tamiya pretty tempting, not the best car by a couple standards but it's cool.
Don't forget about the used market, I'm still running the RB5, and due to AE's popularity there are plenty out there. If money isn't a problem and you want to be competitive and have something very different I would jump on an Xfactory cubed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.