1/10 2wd buggy

Old 08-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 365 (100%+)

vote for TLR 22. excellent quality, a blast to drive, parts readily available, easy to wrench on.

Used ones can also be found for dirt cheap since the 2.0 was announced.

next in line id go with associated.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:52 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cpt Obvious View Post
Why even bother "answering" with crap like this?
He had a point.

because these kind of questions are pointless and never lead any where. all that come out of them is a bunch of fanboy bickering and misplaced rumors.

because you'd think an adult male could reach their own conclusions, and why these type of things are usually posted by kids (or women). who else would ask "I'm buying a new pair of slacks, and I'm wondering which ones to get, the blue or the beige ones?. I don't want them to make me look fat."
Old 08-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

What do guys at your track run? I would get that kit. However, hard to go wrong with AE. Parts are cheap and very easy to find.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Captcha View Post
Buy one of each, and drive them exactly the same on the box stock setup and make your decision.

OR

Find each ones particular thread, and read through the 1000+ pages that we have all spent the time dedicating to so your thread, or threads like this would not be needed.
Originally Posted by hoonigantoo View Post
He had a point.

because these kind of questions are pointless and never lead any where. all that come out of them is a bunch of fanboy bickering and misplaced rumors.

because you'd think an adult male could reach their own conclusions, and why these type of things are usually posted by kids (or women). who else would ask "I'm buying a new pair of slacks, and I'm wondering which ones to get, the blue or the beige ones?. I don't want them to make me look fat."
If his point was to come off as an ass, then your right he did.

If you walked up to a pro-of-your-choice, and asked him a legitimate question- let's say roll center effects in mid corner, and he answered with "go spend 5k, run non-stop for 12 months and then you'll know, because we did all the work to learn and why should we tell you". Do you think that driver has a point? ...maybe you do

Your explanation however has a valid point about why he may have answered the way he did, and your probably spot on, and that pro-of-your-choice could have that same explanation...but that doesn't make the effects of the answer any better. Just because someone has XXXX posts, or been a member since XX/XX/XX doesn't make an answer like that any better
Old 08-27-2013, 12:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

The guy asked a question. If you think it's dumb, why can't you be big enough to just ignore it and spend your attention on conversations that are more "up to your level"? (whatever that means).
Old 08-27-2013, 12:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
The guy asked a question. If you think it's dumb, why can't you be big enough to just ignore it and spend your attention on conversations that are more "up to your level"? (whatever that means).
So true!
Old 08-27-2013, 12:57 PM
Suspended

The guy gave his opinion. If you think it's dumb, why can't you be big enough to just ignore it and spend your attention on conversations that are more "up to your level"? (whatever that means).

Old 08-27-2013, 04:39 PM
Tech Lord

If you think it's dumb, why can't you be big enough to just ignore it and spend your attention...
Good point, this is what the ignore list is for, after all. Welcome, make yourself at home.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:28 PM
Suspended

Good point, this is what the ignore list is for, after all. Welcome, make yourself at home.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

as an amature, find something with easily accessible (cheaper) parts. and good durability.

Thus AE or Losi.

AE handles and drive great, build quality so so. cheap and cheerful, uh.
Losi handles fine, not as good as AE, but stable and very good quality, extremely strong as well.
Both of these two manufactures have parts supply everywhere.

Durango is weird, it's a sweet car (in fact I like driving it more than my losi),
but it's not their signature car, there are a lot of small details to improve, yet the factory haven't update that in quite a while. Because of that, market is filled with expensive aftermarket parts, if you treat it like your baby, you will easily ends up with RB6 money, except I'd prefer an RB6 at that price.

RB6 is a fantastic car, best of all worlds, except the price.
So, either you are filthy rich, or you've reached the skill level to really enjoy the awesomeness of kyosho product. Otherwise AE or losi will give you just about the same level of fun, with half the price.
*notice that car wears out after time, regardless of the brand, even if you are thinking about upgrade loss, starting with an RB6 may still not be the best idea.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:51 PM
Tech Lord

I'm just kiddin' I have much thicker skin than that.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:55 PM
Suspended

I'm just kiddin' I have much thicker skin than that.
I thought it was the pancake on your head.