TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread >

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Old 09-10-2013, 07:21 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RandyJones
How soon before Illinois has the cars in stock?
All orders placed should have shipped from the CA DC. IL has some cars headed their way that should be there sometime this week, or early next.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
We are looking into this issue, and will hopefully have it fixed within a day or 2. The sheets work fine on a regular PC, it appears to be an iOS compatibility issue.

I could sleep, but then the 22 2.0 wouldn't have shipped yet
Well that sucks I only have an IPhone and an iPad I was trying to see the difference in the shock package/spring setup between the 3
Old 09-10-2013, 07:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

One other thing, now that I'm further into the shock assembly steps. The kit setup sheet indicates 30wt oil, but the kit came with 27.5. What is everyone using for oil? 27.5w?
Old 09-10-2013, 07:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The setup sheets come up blank on my Android Samsung Galaxy Note 2 as well so i dont think the problem is limited to ios. Glad to hear you guys are working on it though. Just trying to help.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pink_sleeve
Well that sucks I only have an IPhone and an iPad I was trying to see the difference in the shock package/spring setup between the 3
You could download adode reader, that should help.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by zi032
The setup sheets come up blank on my Android Samsung Galaxy Note 2 as well so i dont think the problem is limited to ios. Glad to hear you guys are working on it though. Just trying to help.
Same thing with Android - You could download adode reader, that should help.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Finished mine up and ran it last night in mid motor config on a med bite track.
Couple of things I found that are important to know.

Mid motor with a shorty pack is an extremely tight fit...too tight. Had to shave the front battery holder down and install 3/8 " round standoffs on both sides of shorty to keep it from sliding side to side.

Check your aftermarket front wheels for clearance...DE Racing front wheels for the 22 will not work without the webbing hitting on the steering blocks when flexing throught the corners or la.ding some jumps.

New shock changes are amazing...very smooth.

New steering ackerman makes the steering a lot smoother...less aggressive and does not seem to free up the rear end as much when you throw it into a corner.
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread-imag0337.jpg   TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread-imag0334.jpg   TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread-imag0336.jpg  

Last edited by smac; 09-10-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RPS52
One other thing, now that I'm further into the shock assembly steps. The kit setup sheet indicates 30wt oil, but the kit came with 27.5. What is everyone using for oil? 27.5w?
Frank commented on this a few pages back.
Originally Posted by Frank Root

The kit was intended to include 30wt, but a late found issue meant it came with 27.5wt for the first production shipment. I'd suggest using TLR or Losi shock oil for your kit builds, since the TLR and Losi oils are tested and certified accurate, while the kit oils are not. The reason for this is that the TLR and Losi oils are made in the US, while the cars are not.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:14 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smac

Mid motor with a shorty pack is an extremely tight fit...too tight. Had to shave the front battery holder down and install 3/8 " round standoffs on both sides of shorty to keep it from sliding side to side.

Check your aftermarket front wheels for clearance...DE Racing front wheels for the 22 will not work without the webbing hitting on the steering blocks when flexing throught the corners or la.ding some jumps.

New steering ackerman makes the steering a lot smoother...less aggressive and does not seem to free up the rear end as much when you throw it into a corner.
Originally Posted by pink_sleeve
Well, Dustin and Dakotah's setups are from an EXTREMELY high traction sugar water track, so unless you are running on one of those, I wouldn't recommend using their shock setups.

My shock setup is to use White LF rear springs, kit pistons, 30fr, 27rr, and 2mm front limiting with the rear unscrewed 1 turn.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Frank I'm somewhat new to this buggy and set ups in general. I'm running your stock set up which I like but im curious to know what minor changes to it you would recommend for various track conditions? I noticed a few pages back you did some minor changes for the pegasus round what prompted the change? I mostly run at IERC but plan to do most if not all of the winter top notch series in the winter.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by smac

did you add weight to your chassis with the shorty pack?
Old 09-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dave H
Frank commented on this a few pages back.
Thanks! I've tried to keep up with this thread, but missed that one.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ryanpatrickgore
did you add weight to your chassis with the shorty pack?
I did add the TLR 50g weight to the rear bulkhead.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

I just wanted to pop in and mention something about the 22 rtr gear diff. I had installed a rtr gear diff a while back and didn't run the car for a while. I rebuilt it mid motor for a new track but noticed the gear diff was leaking. I wasn't able to find a package of just the gasket and o-rings.. the gasket comes with a diff case iirc and the o-rings come with outdrives.. both of which i didn't think i needed. I ended up digging through forum threads to find out what size o-rings they were and ordered up a set. I ended up getting orange p5 o-rings and they fit perfectly and i haven't had an issue with leaking since... thats about 3 race days.

I guess i'm suggesting that a rebuild kit be offered for the gear diff for those of us who like to avoid the maintenance of ball diffs and don't have time or patience to dig through that many posts.

On a side note when i ordered the p5 o-rings i also ordered a new rtr gear diff. It was leaking in the package and has been leaking in my parts box since then =P I wouldn't even consider running it without first putting in the other o-rings. I recommend maybe updating this if a 2.0 rtr ever comes out..
Old 09-10-2013, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RPS52
Thanks! I've tried to keep up with this thread, but missed that one.
Easy enough to do, it's certainly an active thread. Mr. Root alone has posted some 117 times, many of them multi part answers. Awesome support. Hope his lack of sleep doesn't hurt the quality!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.