TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Old 05-15-2015, 08:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shelby561
I am running a 17.5 Reedy Sonic 540 Mach 2 Motor
I would start at 32/70 and you should be on the low end. If your motor is still at a decent temperature you can go up a tooth and see what you think. I'm at 34/70 and my son is at 33/70. Both work fine with a D4.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:57 PM
Tech Adept

Has any one tried saddle pack lipo's in the 22.20 in mm.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:31 AM
Tech Adept

Say I bought some 22T front wheel hexes and axles. Then mounted vanilla 12mm B4 front wheels. Would someone brighter than me already know if I end up with a to narrow or to wide front end?
Old 05-18-2015, 04:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I wasn't completely sure where I could post this. But I've had some free time lately so I've finally gotten to messing with making a chassis the other day, here's the first test of the mock up. I wanted to try a carbon chassis for the 22, I'm working on changing a couple of things to try different battery positions and what not's. I'm open to suggestions for the second revision, right now I have the chassis shaped to fit a Phantom body for a B5m. Just like the styling of it over some of the other's out there, and figured why not change everything....

Old 05-18-2015, 04:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AFK66
I wasn't completely sure where I could post this. But I've had some free time lately so I've finally gotten to messing with making a chassis the other day, here's the first test of the mock up. I wanted to try a carbon chassis for the 22, I'm working on changing a couple of things to try different battery positions and what not's. I'm open to suggestions for the second revision, right now I have the chassis shaped to fit a Phantom body for a B5m. Just like the styling of it over some of the other's out there, and figured why not change everything....
Very cool project. How do you get the front kickup bend?
Old 05-18-2015, 04:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by radek
Very cool project. How do you get the front kickup bend?
With my plastic mock up I used a heat gun and slowly moved it into place. With the carbon it'll be a little tougher, but I plan on machining a press of sorts to heat and try and mold it to place. I've done this for years with Carbon Hockey sticks so it should be a similar process. Fingers crossed I don't crack the carbon...
Old 05-18-2015, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

With my plastic mock up I used a heat gun and slowly moved it into place. With the carbon it'll be a little tougher, but I plan on machining a press of sorts to heat and try and mold it to place. I've done this for years with Carbon Hockey sticks so it should be a similar process. Fingers crossed I don't crack the carbon...
Sounds like a good idea. Keep us updated!
Old 05-18-2015, 02:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Pretty cool project. You will want to make some side pieces to stiffen up the chassis a little as well. Some alum spacers to box it out. Should be cool.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I got myself a 2.0 to get back to racing with and i have a question about the shocks. Why do they suck the shaft back in and have crazy rebound? I never had issues with rebound and shocks sucking in the shafts. is there some tricks to the tlr shocks? or is that just the way it is?

any help is appreciated.

btw i have watched the tlr videos but that is for the older shocks.

thanks,
Old 05-18-2015, 05:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

You might work backwards with whoever you bought the carbon fiber stock from. If you can get to the supplier they'll be able to tell you if the resin can be manipulated with heat. Understand that if you can heat/bend it, it will be fairly weak at the bend since it was cured under pressure when it was made. You won't be able to replicate that so the fibers will spread and there will be a lot of void in its matrix after bending.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I'm having some issues with my diff... I put new everything in it and it was notchy when I got her all back together. And I thought luckily I bought 2 service kits, so I put in the other thinking maybe one of the balls where bad, but the same thing. And i thoroughly cleaned everything before hand as well. Would it be the out drives? I wouldn't think so but that's the only thing I haven't changed. Anyone know what it could be????
Old 05-18-2015, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ZeroDown7169
I'm having some issues with my diff... I put new everything in it and it was notchy when I got her all back together. And I thought luckily I bought 2 service kits, so I put in the other thinking maybe one of the balls where bad, but the same thing. And i thoroughly cleaned everything before hand as well. Would it be the out drives? I wouldn't think so but that's the only thing I haven't changed. Anyone know what it could be????
Was it notchy before you installed the tranny onto the chassis, or after everything was mounted and connected?
Old 05-18-2015, 09:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Bearing alignment

Originally Posted by ZeroDown7169
I had this same issue one time. Took the diff apart like three times only to find out that one of the small bearings in the diff was mis-aligned. I think the one in the diff gear can get a little cocked in the gear.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Davidka
You might work backwards with whoever you bought the carbon fiber stock from. If you can get to the supplier they'll be able to tell you if the resin can be manipulated with heat. Understand that if you can heat/bend it, it will be fairly weak at the bend since it was cured under pressure when it was made. You won't be able to replicate that so the fibers will spread and there will be a lot of void in its matrix after bending.

First test is together, I did have some slight separation of carbon at the bend (Kick up)
I sent out an email about some of the more thermal form-able carbon sheet from the supplier I use. So we'll see if there's a better solution. I maybe able to have some pre-formed and I'll just have to rig a way to machine them.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Casper
Pretty cool project. You will want to make some side pieces to stiffen up the chassis a little as well. Some alum spacers to box it out. Should be cool.
I'm in the process of designing some side pieces to stiffen the chassis. I have three different types of carbon offering different stiffness. I figured this would be a good opportunity to play with different settings.

I had also thought of doing a battery strap in the same way, stiff and one that flexed a bit more.

For the most part this project was just to see if I could get a chassis together, and see if it'll hold up on the track, I plan on testing later this week. Once I've proven I can move forward, I plan to revisit the whole chassis design and see if I can really change things to benefit performance, etc.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to trying them. This has quickly turned into a fun project!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.