TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread >

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Old 01-08-2015, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJG24
Not sure why people who like the Losi have to bash on Associated and why Associated fans like to bash on Losi.
Wasn't trying bash just proving a point no matter car/truck you get you will need to spend money to make it faster or just bullet proof.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Is anyone running the jconcepts front axle conversion on the buggy? And if so How do you like them?
Old 01-08-2015, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacingCraze21
Is anyone running the jconcepts front axle conversion on the buggy? And if so How do you like them?
Not running the axle conversion but wished they'd made it 12mm hex instead of keep it to the 10mm. Jason Ruona - Could you make a 12mm one Pretty please!!!
Old 01-08-2015, 10:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

I have run it for a couple weeks. It works great and I have not lost a wheel yet. I like the idead of a nut instead of a screw.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I've run this part on my 22 ever since they came out with it! Like Kevin I'd much rather use a wheel nut than a screw.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Don't want to sound like I know it all but gentlemen that converted to MM and didn't liked it tried at least less anti squat to help weight transfer on power and shorter/longer rear camber links?
Old 01-09-2015, 04:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Thumbs down

I'm running the titanium ones and like them a lot. They are a really nice upgrade.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerm13
used to swear by AE. Then I drove a 22 2.0. Just worked for me better. Still have a truck and SC. They work for my kids. The Losi's didn't... Driving styles, like poop shoots....... no 2 are the same.

I tried everything I could think of, every suggestion made, I even think I went to church twice. Even spent about 6 hours on 4 different days getting practice and tweeking it here and there. Couldn't get it to drive the way I felt like it wanted to drive.

And KC, Im running a 4 year old 10.5 with ZERO timing. That's pretty mellow....

I guess there is a reason they give you the parts for both configurations
A mid motor car is a totally different style of driving then a rm car is and I think that just like some cars fit people better then others. It's the same with rm and mm it depends how you like to drive so it's all about what you like your cars to do. I like mm but I know people that can't drive a mm car because they like to point and shoot which a mm car don't do as good as a rm car will.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba
Hey Frank

I've bought a 22 2.0 but not run it yet. I've built it RM and going to try it out first in RM but keen to also try the MM configuration. I run on a low/medium grip hard pack track with loam. Is there a suggested MM setup for this style of track?
I just can't see how a TLR mid motor car would be faster than rear motor in those conditions. The TLR is too motor forward, hence why everyone keeps adding brass all over the thing. I run mine rear motor even on carpet and med-high traction clay as it's a great rear motor car.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Hi guys, before i start with my question, i just wanna say that i dont yet own a TLR22 2.0 but i am seriously considering it cause it seems like a really versatile platform and seeing the type of support like factory drivers being active and contributing to the forums is a huge selling point in my books. Lovin all your post, Frank. *thumbs up*.
Ok so i would like to ask, do most guys run drag brake on the esc? And if so, is that how you would set up the car for off the bat? Or set the car up without drag brake and then introduce it as required for the desired effect (cornering)?
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Lightbulb

In High Traction situation Drag brake works well, on a loose track you don't run it!
Originally Posted by juicy74
Hi guys, before i start with my question, i just wanna say that i dont yet own a TLR22 2.0 but i am seriously considering it cause it seems like a really versatile platform and seeing the type of support like factory drivers being active and contributing to the forums is a huge selling point in my books. Lovin all your post, Frank. *thumbs up*.
Ok so i would like to ask, do most guys run drag brake on the esc? And if so, is that how you would set up the car for off the bat? Or set the car up without drag brake and then introduce it as required for the desired effect (cornering)?
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:35 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fantomdude
Frank
What compound of dirt webs would you recommend for indoor clay track that is misted after every race. I would say medium traction. I run mc typos now have tried m4 electrons and they seem to be more erratic. Only jc tires i have ran is gold barcodes and the typos and electrons were better then them. All with blue sticky kicks for sauce. i want to try dirt webs and dont know if green or gold would be better. Some guys at the track like green some like gold.
Thanks
If you like the MC/Clay compounds from the other brands, then I'd start with JC's Clay compound as well, which is GOLD. They also have Silver rears which are like GOLD's, but just a little softer. Those might be good at your track.

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba
Hey Frank

I've bought a 22 2.0 but not run it yet. I've built it RM and going to try it out first in RM but keen to also try the MM configuration. I run on a low/medium grip hard pack track with loam. Is there a suggested MM setup for this style of track?

At the moment, the RMs are much easier to drive around the track, but can't help but think if I can get MM working, it would be quicker - last race was won by a MM car!

Also, more generally speaking, going RM -> MM, what sort of changes to setup would we expect? Soft front/rear springs? Damping? Roll centres? Can't seem to find suggestions on this part.

Thanks!! Love the 22 2.0 and have the 22 SCT 2.0 on order with my LHS
You move a lot of weight off the rear, and to the front, so you generally see softer rear springs and oil, and stiffer front springs and oil to counter the weight movement. As for a setup, I don't think we really have any posted for those types of conditions, since there really aren't a lot of tracks like that which our key guys run at. If I hear of one, I'll b sure to post it.

Originally Posted by juicy74
Thanks in advance.
Glad to hear you are considering it... but I'll be happy if you do make the jump!

So the drag brake amount really depends on the brand of ESC. I run Orion (as does most of our team), and we all run 10-12% of drag brake. We run 12% most of the time, and then for really fast tracks, or really high grip tracks, we'll go down to 10% sometimes.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speed Freak RC
The TLR is too motor forward, hence why everyone keeps adding brass all over the thing.
I keep hearing people say the motor is too far forward in a Mid-Motor configuration. Has anyone taken a peak at the latest 2wheel buggy from Yokomo "YZ-2". Now that is one far forward motor.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamie Hanson
I keep hearing people say the motor is too far forward in a Mid-Motor configuration. Has anyone taken a peak at the latest 2wheel buggy from Yokomo "YZ-2". Now that is one far forward motor.
Depends on if you are making a car for carpet/astro or high bite dirt clay.

These "very" mid motor cars end to work really well in carpet/astro where a motor closer to the rear tower seems to be a little more ideal for high bite dirt.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speed Freak RC
I just can't see how a TLR mid motor car would be faster than rear motor in those conditions. The TLR is too motor forward, hence why everyone keeps adding brass all over the thing. I run mine rear motor even on carpet and med-high traction clay as it's a great rear motor car.
I thought the same thing until I saw Jason's car run on a pretty low grip track last week. His was the best running car at the track (out of about 40 in the class). Ask him but I believe he's using a setup close to the Mayfield version with the only added weight being the brass pivot block.

The fastest modified class drivers were also running mid-motor on this day, with the winner driving also driving a 22.

Any belief I had that mid motor was inferior on lower traction tracks ended that day. That said, I still plan to run RM. I don't run enough to re-learn or invest in all of the changes.

Originally Posted by Jamie Hanson
What Casper said. This car is believed to be aimed squarely at racers who run on artificial surfaces.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.