Old 09-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

ah, made by savox.. that would explain the issues. probably fixed with a cap
Old 09-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bergie33
You, my friend, are going to have a late night.
And so will my fingers!

I joke.. but that sure would suck!! I remember my first Losi kit build... It was a XX-4, and I used a set of allen keys, almost just like the ones I posted above, haha. It took me about a week to wrench through the pain, and finally finished the kit.. And after all that, I realized I didn't use the included pre-threading screw, that came with the kit. LOL, it came down to a couple extra e-clips a nut, and that damn screw. My dad asked what the extra bits were for, and him being a mechanical/design engineer at the time for Subaru, grabbed the handful of parts and said, "you know this is a thread-cutting screw, right?" - He looked down at my blistered hands, looked back at the screw, looked back at me, chuckled and said "heh, you'll learn one day to follow the instructions"....

Oh, those were the good times, haha. Shortly after that, my pops got me my first half-decent set of hex wrenches, some Bondhus ball-end allens.. Lol, better, but still not dialed... Year later, I invested in some proper tools - Now I use MIP Thorp wrenches and 1/4" driver inserts. Among one of the best purchases to date for me
Old 09-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by weavty1
And so will my fingers!

... I invested in some proper tools - Now I use MIP Thorp wrenches and 1/4" driver inserts. Among one of the best purchases to date for me
Buy quality tools once or crapy ones over and over, same with the radio an servos. I still have my original MIP hex set from the late 90's.
E
Old 09-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EricF
Buy quality tools once or crapy ones over and over, same with the radio an servos. I still have my original MIP hex set from the late 90's.
E
Hands down the best wrenches... Save your hands and hardware! I still have mine as well Eric!

Wilde
Old 09-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Tech Prophet

for those of you that cant find the buggy. the are some on ebay for $349 shipped. just an fyi. No parts anywhere yet
Old 09-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

IERC just posted on their facebook page that they picked up support parts for the 2.0 for anyone in So Cal looking to upgrade their 1.0.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:45 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
for those of you that cant find the buggy. the are some on ebay for $349 shipped. just an fyi. No parts anywhere yet
We have quite a few of the parts in stock in our Ontario, CA DC. Since they aren't in our IL DC yet, they are not showing in stock yet on HH.com, but they are there.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Cool Frank. I am just waiting to see whats NOT in stock before I make my order.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've never owned a TLR kit, but I am very tempted to order the TLR22 2.0. Based on what I'm reading, it seems to be an awesome buggy. Did you try a few kits to see if this was a widespread or isolated issue? This isn't a deal breaker by any means as this seems to be a minor issue. As we all know, things can and will happen. It's just a fact of life. Anyway, what options would I have in case I mess up performing the fix? Knowing my luck, I would end up removing too much material .

I'm looking forward to the how-to video.

Originally Posted by Frank Root
On the 22 2.0 build, I have one quick note guy. On one of the sample kits, we saw an issue that when the rack housing was tightened down well in the chassis between the chassis, front pivot and front bulkhead, the slider rack could be a little on the snug side. We didn't see this during any of the testing or samples, so it was a surprise to see it in the production kits. Since the fix literally takes only 30 seconds, we didn't feel it was worth holding back the kits to do a full inspection, or possibly rework the kits with new parts.

With the said, the rack top to bottom, just needs a little shaving. I don't have one in front of me, so I don't have the exact dimensions, but you should be able to sand about .15mm (almost nothing) off the top and/or bottom of the rack to solve the issue. I used an emory board (nail file) and it only took a few swipes, so don't go crazy with it. If you already have the rack housing installed in the front end, just do a little at a time and keep checking to see if the rack is 100% free. If it is, you are done and move on. If not, sand just a little more.

Guys, I am really sorry I had to throw this build tip out there. We worked really hard to do everything in our power to be sure the kit build was perfect, but sometimes the production parts from longer runs are just a tab bit off. Again, we never saw this problem until we got a production kit to check when the shipment arrive in CA. When you are working with tolerances as tight as we are you take this risk, and this time it bit us a little, but at least the fix is easy. We'll work to be sure the fit is improved moving forward, and be sure to ask me if you have any questions. Next week, I'll get a detailed post with photos on the TLRacing Team Blog for sure.

Thanks!
Frank
Old 09-03-2013, 05:05 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kenexcelon
I've never owned a TLR kit, but I am very tempted to order the TLR22 2.0. Based on what I'm reading, it seems to be an awesome buggy. Did you try a few kits to see if this was a widespread or isolated issue? This isn't a deal breaker by any means as this seems to be a minor issue. As we all know, things can and will happen. It's just a fact of life. Anyway, what options would I have in case I mess up performing the fix? Knowing my luck, I would end up removing too much material .

I'm looking forward to the how-to video.
I haven't been able to check any other kits yet. I hope to soon.

As for the fix, I wouldn't to it with a Dremel, it really isn't needed. A nail file, Emory board or sand paper and a flat surface and about 3 minutes is all you'll need.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you Mr. Root. Will await the video before making the attempt. Seems to be a very interesting buggy.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well I couldn't resist any longer so I ordered a 2.0 kit today and have a tracking number. This should keep me occupied during the winter on the indoor clay track as 1/5 scale racing ends during the winter. This should be a fun build!!

Thanks for the word on the slider rack, a shaving here or there is nothing.....I have modified my rigs (as most of us have) a lot more than what is required to free the rack up.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Frank Root
I haven't been able to check any other kits yet. I hope to soon.

As for the fix, I wouldn't to it with a Dremel, it really isn't needed. A nail file, Emory board or sand paper and a flat surface and about 3 minutes is all you'll need.
I'm glad to see that TLR didn't go away from the slider rack system - it's brilliant in it's simplicity and durability. "Complex systems fail in complex ways."

I've built two recent buggy's with traditional steering systems and after a week of racing, they've developed more slop than my slider rack ever has.

Now we have ackerman adjustments on top of that? Stoked, can't wait to build.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by celt
I'm glad to see that TLR didn't go away from the slider rack system - it's brilliant in it's simplicity and durability. "Complex systems fail in complex ways."

I've built two recent buggy's with traditional steering systems and after a week of racing, they've developed more slop than my slider rack ever has.

Now we have ackerman adjustments on top of that? Stoked, can't wait to build.
Since they have done and continue to test the bell crank system, dont rule out the slider being replaced.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Airtronics or Futaba if you ask me both are great.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.