Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread >

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Old 10-26-2014, 04:50 PM
  #9166  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Frank,

Just wondering and maybe I missed the post but did we have an eta on the new chassis? Looking to update for the winter season, would like to put all the new parts together at the same time. Also are the team drivers running the aluminum rear camber block?
dbracn is offline  
Old 10-26-2014, 09:36 PM
  #9167  
Tech Regular
 
SkipGear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 418
Default

Originally Posted by dbracn
Frank,

Just wondering and maybe I missed the post but did we have an eta on the new chassis? Looking to update for the winter season, would like to put all the new parts together at the same time. Also are the team drivers running the aluminum rear camber block?
Horizon is showing the 10/30 as an arrival date.
SkipGear is offline  
Old 10-27-2014, 06:56 AM
  #9168  
Tech Master
 
skeasor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 1,089
Default

I ran my 22 2.0 in mid motor configuration for the first time at the track this weekend. I was having some transmission problems (forgot to add a bearing ) but it handled real well and jumped great. Can't wait to get some more track time with it this weekend now.
skeasor is offline  
Old 10-27-2014, 07:45 AM
  #9169  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
LosiRacer33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mahopac NY
Posts: 179
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Does the stock size body still work with the new chassis?
LosiRacer33 is offline  
Old 10-27-2014, 08:10 AM
  #9170  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,463
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default exotek vs TLR bellcrank system

I never got a reply and just assumed nobody had a baseline if you already have the exotek bellcrank system. So here is mine...

Last week my local track and LHS (now carrying TLR kits and parts...) my 22 2.0 felt very good, I pretty much run a slightly modified setup of the popular "mayfield" setup. I could run consistent 17.7 second laps with a hot lap of 16.9. This last week I found a TLR bellcrank steering system at my old favorite hobbyshop in FL Superior hobbies, with quick shipping I had it Thursday and put it on Friday night. Coming from serpent I noticed something similar to the spindles and that is the ackerman change, on serpent option 1, gave the most ackerman and allowed the car to be more easy to drive but did push, option 3 gave less and made the car more aggressive, the system went right on, I could shim my servo per the instructions, I got 2 ball cups that didn't fit on the tie rods and couldn't figure that out, but the stock ones looked right so I ran it as is. After some end point adjustments and a few laps I noticed the car was more aggressive on the track, turn better in the low speed areas where you couldn't bump the brak to make the car turn, it carried more corner speed. My average lap on the same track with the same tires and conditions (best I could tell), was 17.1 and a fast lap of 16.5.

So in closing. the TLR system did make the car a bit harder to dive but I was much faster with it. so I give it a thumbs up!
David Alberico is offline  
Old 10-27-2014, 08:20 AM
  #9171  
Tech Master
 
skeasor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 1,089
Default

Can someone help me with anti squat? I've never used it for tuning but i'm interested in trying it. I found this information off a google serach and was wondering if anyone can verify that the information is somewhat correct.

thanks!

More
More anti-squat generally makes the rear of the car more sensitive to throttle input.
The car has more steering while braking, and also a little more powering out of corners.
On high-traction tracks, it may feel as if the car momentarily has more rear traction accellerating out of corners.
A car with more anti-squat can also jump a little higher and further, and it will soak up bumps a little better, off-power.
A lot of anti-squat (4 or more) can make the car spin out in turns, and make the rear end break loose when accellerating.

Less
Less anti-squat gives more rear traction while accellerating on a slippery or dusty track.
It also gives more side-bite.
Less anti-squat will make the car accellerate better and faster through bumpy sections.
Very little anti-squat (0 or 1) makes the rear end feel very stable. It also makes power sliding a lot easier.
Note that anti-squat only works when you're accellerating or braking, it does absolutely nothing when you're coasting through turns.
The harder you brake or accellerate, the bigger the effect of anti-squat is.
skeasor is offline  
Old 10-27-2014, 10:09 AM
  #9172  
TLRacing
Thread Starter
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,808
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dbracn
Frank,

Just wondering and maybe I missed the post but did we have an eta on the new chassis? Looking to update for the winter season, would like to put all the new parts together at the same time. Also are the team drivers running the aluminum rear camber block?
Either later this week, or early next.

Originally Posted by LosiRacer33
Does the stock size body still work with the new chassis?
Yes, but it might require a minor trim. Really close though.
Frank Root is offline  
Old 10-27-2014, 11:07 AM
  #9173  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (84)
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 17,387
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

So we have had a few weeks on the new bell cranks. I wanted to do a little more tuning before chiming in. The car has a completely different feel to me. It defiantly is more aggressive and connected feeling. I am actually dialing out a little steering at this point, to help my kid transition. She lost about 3/4 of a lap with the bell cranks, because the car turns in much faster than she was expecting. But she is getting quicker with the new cranks and should be on pace again in a couple more weeks. Then I can slowly start dialing steering back into the car. But when I was driving the car, I would definitely say the car has more low speed turning and more consistent in the turn. That was running RM. Overall, I am rather pleased with the car now.
Wildcat1971 is offline  
Old 10-27-2014, 11:16 AM
  #9174  
TLRacing
Thread Starter
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,808
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
So we have had a few weeks on the new bell cranks. I wanted to do a little more tuning before chiming in. The car has a completely different feel to me. It defiantly is more aggressive and connected feeling. I am actually dialing out a little steering at this point, to help my kid transition. She lost about 3/4 of a lap with the bell cranks, because the car turns in much faster than she was expecting. But she is getting quicker with the new cranks and should be on pace again in a couple more weeks. Then I can slowly start dialing steering back into the car. But when I was driving the car, I would definitely say the car has more low speed turning and more consistent in the turn. That was running RM. Overall, I am rather pleased with the car now.
You can try more bump steer washers, and/of more washers on the bell cranks to "smooth it out" for her, or a little toe out like Maifield and the boys have been running.
Frank Root is offline  
Old 10-27-2014, 11:24 AM
  #9175  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (84)
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 17,387
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root
You can try more bump steer washers, and/of more washers on the bell cranks to "smooth it out" for her, or a little toe out like Maifield and the boys have been running.
ok, thx for the tip. I was really surprised by the change in feel of the cranks. I was really just expecting something minor at best. I am a pessimist and take "upgrades" with a grain of salt.


One, side note Frank. Product support was great and sent me the tie rod parts. But, is 50mm a bit short? As compared to my 2.0 stock links, I have a lot threads showing. I have some 22-4 links which are a little longer I plan to use. Did didnt have any issues, but I was concerned. The 2.0 kit comes with 55mm steering links, the ones Horizon sent are 50mm?
Wildcat1971 is offline  
Old 10-27-2014, 11:51 AM
  #9176  
TLRacing
Thread Starter
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,808
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
ok, thx for the tip. I was really surprised by the change in feel of the cranks. I was really just expecting something minor at best. I am a pessimist and take "upgrades" with a grain of salt.


One, side note Frank. Product support was great and sent me the tie rod parts. But, is 50mm a bit short? As compared to my 2.0 stock links, I have a lot threads showing. I have some 22-4 links which are a little longer I plan to use. Did didnt have any issues, but I was concerned. The 2.0 kit comes with 55mm steering links, the ones Horizon sent are 50mm?
The 50mm buckles will work just fine for the 22/2.0.

Thanks,
Frank
Frank Root is offline  
Old 10-27-2014, 01:05 PM
  #9177  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (15)
 
Alqwad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 223
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NickTheGreek
Someone help a brotha out......

What ball cups do I need if I wanna use the jconcepts (B4) fin turnbuckles??
TLR6018 will work fine with the JC "Fin" turnbuckles. Keep in mind that you won't be able to use those turnbuckles with the new angled ball cups that come with the bell crank kit as they require a larger diameter turnbuckle.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=TLR6018
Alqwad is offline  
Old 10-27-2014, 02:04 PM
  #9178  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
SUPERLOOPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dalton,Ga
Posts: 2,238
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Either later this week, or early next.



Yes, but it might require a minor trim. Really close though.
So.....New body to be released soon?
SUPERLOOPER is offline  
Old 10-27-2014, 02:28 PM
  #9179  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (36)
 
Jerm13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The 405
Posts: 3,251
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SUPERLOOPER
So.....New body to be released soon?
Don't think you need a new body. Just trim the extra 2mm off the back. That's where they removed it from the chassis. If I it read correctly. Franks post that is.
Jerm13 is offline  
Old 10-27-2014, 02:34 PM
  #9180  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
SUPERLOOPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dalton,Ga
Posts: 2,238
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jerm13
Don't think you need a new body. Just trim the extra 2mm off the back. That's where they removed it from the chassis. If I it read correctly. Franks post that is.
Pretty sure its the front that is shorter now.
SUPERLOOPER is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.