TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread >

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Old 10-26-2014, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Frank,

Just wondering and maybe I missed the post but did we have an eta on the new chassis? Looking to update for the winter season, would like to put all the new parts together at the same time. Also are the team drivers running the aluminum rear camber block?
Old 10-26-2014, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dbracn
Frank,

Just wondering and maybe I missed the post but did we have an eta on the new chassis? Looking to update for the winter season, would like to put all the new parts together at the same time. Also are the team drivers running the aluminum rear camber block?
Horizon is showing the 10/30 as an arrival date.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

I ran my 22 2.0 in mid motor configuration for the first time at the track this weekend. I was having some transmission problems (forgot to add a bearing ) but it handled real well and jumped great. Can't wait to get some more track time with it this weekend now.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does the stock size body still work with the new chassis?
Old 10-27-2014, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default exotek vs TLR bellcrank system

I never got a reply and just assumed nobody had a baseline if you already have the exotek bellcrank system. So here is mine...

Last week my local track and LHS (now carrying TLR kits and parts...) my 22 2.0 felt very good, I pretty much run a slightly modified setup of the popular "mayfield" setup. I could run consistent 17.7 second laps with a hot lap of 16.9. This last week I found a TLR bellcrank steering system at my old favorite hobbyshop in FL Superior hobbies, with quick shipping I had it Thursday and put it on Friday night. Coming from serpent I noticed something similar to the spindles and that is the ackerman change, on serpent option 1, gave the most ackerman and allowed the car to be more easy to drive but did push, option 3 gave less and made the car more aggressive, the system went right on, I could shim my servo per the instructions, I got 2 ball cups that didn't fit on the tie rods and couldn't figure that out, but the stock ones looked right so I ran it as is. After some end point adjustments and a few laps I noticed the car was more aggressive on the track, turn better in the low speed areas where you couldn't bump the brak to make the car turn, it carried more corner speed. My average lap on the same track with the same tires and conditions (best I could tell), was 17.1 and a fast lap of 16.5.

So in closing. the TLR system did make the car a bit harder to dive but I was much faster with it. so I give it a thumbs up!
Old 10-27-2014, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Can someone help me with anti squat? I've never used it for tuning but i'm interested in trying it. I found this information off a google serach and was wondering if anyone can verify that the information is somewhat correct.

thanks!

More
More anti-squat generally makes the rear of the car more sensitive to throttle input.
The car has more steering while braking, and also a little more powering out of corners.
On high-traction tracks, it may feel as if the car momentarily has more rear traction accellerating out of corners.
A car with more anti-squat can also jump a little higher and further, and it will soak up bumps a little better, off-power.
A lot of anti-squat (4 or more) can make the car spin out in turns, and make the rear end break loose when accellerating.

Less
Less anti-squat gives more rear traction while accellerating on a slippery or dusty track.
It also gives more side-bite.
Less anti-squat will make the car accellerate better and faster through bumpy sections.
Very little anti-squat (0 or 1) makes the rear end feel very stable. It also makes power sliding a lot easier.
Note that anti-squat only works when you're accellerating or braking, it does absolutely nothing when you're coasting through turns.
The harder you brake or accellerate, the bigger the effect of anti-squat is.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:09 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dbracn
Frank,

Either later this week, or early next.

Originally Posted by LosiRacer33
Does the stock size body still work with the new chassis?
Yes, but it might require a minor trim. Really close though.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:07 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

So we have had a few weeks on the new bell cranks. I wanted to do a little more tuning before chiming in. The car has a completely different feel to me. It defiantly is more aggressive and connected feeling. I am actually dialing out a little steering at this point, to help my kid transition. She lost about 3/4 of a lap with the bell cranks, because the car turns in much faster than she was expecting. But she is getting quicker with the new cranks and should be on pace again in a couple more weeks. Then I can slowly start dialing steering back into the car. But when I was driving the car, I would definitely say the car has more low speed turning and more consistent in the turn. That was running RM. Overall, I am rather pleased with the car now.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:16 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
So we have had a few weeks on the new bell cranks. I wanted to do a little more tuning before chiming in. The car has a completely different feel to me. It defiantly is more aggressive and connected feeling. I am actually dialing out a little steering at this point, to help my kid transition. She lost about 3/4 of a lap with the bell cranks, because the car turns in much faster than she was expecting. But she is getting quicker with the new cranks and should be on pace again in a couple more weeks. Then I can slowly start dialing steering back into the car. But when I was driving the car, I would definitely say the car has more low speed turning and more consistent in the turn. That was running RM. Overall, I am rather pleased with the car now.
You can try more bump steer washers, and/of more washers on the bell cranks to "smooth it out" for her, or a little toe out like Maifield and the boys have been running.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:24 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
You can try more bump steer washers, and/of more washers on the bell cranks to "smooth it out" for her, or a little toe out like Maifield and the boys have been running.
ok, thx for the tip. I was really surprised by the change in feel of the cranks. I was really just expecting something minor at best. I am a pessimist and take "upgrades" with a grain of salt.

One, side note Frank. Product support was great and sent me the tie rod parts. But, is 50mm a bit short? As compared to my 2.0 stock links, I have a lot threads showing. I have some 22-4 links which are a little longer I plan to use. Did didnt have any issues, but I was concerned. The 2.0 kit comes with 55mm steering links, the ones Horizon sent are 50mm?
Old 10-27-2014, 11:51 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
ok, thx for the tip. I was really surprised by the change in feel of the cranks. I was really just expecting something minor at best. I am a pessimist and take "upgrades" with a grain of salt.

One, side note Frank. Product support was great and sent me the tie rod parts. But, is 50mm a bit short? As compared to my 2.0 stock links, I have a lot threads showing. I have some 22-4 links which are a little longer I plan to use. Did didnt have any issues, but I was concerned. The 2.0 kit comes with 55mm steering links, the ones Horizon sent are 50mm?
The 50mm buckles will work just fine for the 22/2.0.

Thanks,
Frank
Old 10-27-2014, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NickTheGreek
Someone help a brotha out......

What ball cups do I need if I wanna use the jconcepts (B4) fin turnbuckles??
TLR6018 will work fine with the JC "Fin" turnbuckles. Keep in mind that you won't be able to use those turnbuckles with the new angled ball cups that come with the bell crank kit as they require a larger diameter turnbuckle.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=TLR6018
Old 10-27-2014, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Either later this week, or early next.

Yes, but it might require a minor trim. Really close though.
So.....New body to be released soon?
Old 10-27-2014, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SUPERLOOPER
So.....New body to be released soon?
Don't think you need a new body. Just trim the extra 2mm off the back. That's where they removed it from the chassis. If I it read correctly. Franks post that is.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerm13
Don't think you need a new body. Just trim the extra 2mm off the back. That's where they removed it from the chassis. If I it read correctly. Franks post that is.
Pretty sure its the front that is shorter now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.