Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread >

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Old 10-24-2014, 09:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a Hotwire and I'm running a 9.5T sensored Gen 2 Redline in blinky mode for weeks... and I did set this speedo up with Jeremy from Tekin. It was working fine for weeks then this??? I even have the cord to use my cellphone to do Hotwire adjustments. It was literally fine for the first qualifier...I used my cell with the Tekin app like I always do to add a little drag brake and then went to run the second qual and this happened? No matter what profile I try to switch too it just stays in this insane full throttle mode no matter how little throttle input I give. Even tried using my buddies radio and got the exact same results...Captain insano mode????

Last edited by Jokermayhem; 10-25-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jokermayhem View Post
I have a Hotwire and I'm running a 9.5T sensored Gen 2 Redline in blinky mode for weeks... and I did set this speedo up with Jeremy from Tekin. It was working fine for weeks then this??? I even have the coed to use my cellphone to do Hotwire adjustments. It was literally fine for the first qualifier...I used my cell with the Tekin app like I always do to add a little drag brake and then went to run the second qual and this happened? No matter what profile I try to switch too it just stays in this insane full throttle mode no matter how little throttle input I give. Even tried using my buddies radio and got the exact same results...Captain insano mode????
It sounds like the upload glitched and you lost calibration. Did you try re-calibrating it?

If recalibrating doesn't work, the ESC has a master reset, try that. Hold the mode button down while turning on the ESC. continue holding till the led's cycle.

Two questions:

RS or RSX?
Why would you run a 9.5 in Blinky?
Old 10-25-2014, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

I did recalibrate it several times. ..as well as re bound the radio several times to no avail. Did the master reset and no matter what mode the speedo says its in....its 150% insane full throttle even at a quarter throttle input? It is an RS and I run it in blinky mode because it is a small indoor track. Don't need tons of power.

Last edited by Jokermayhem; 10-25-2014 at 06:56 AM.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I did recalibrate it several times. ..as well as re bound the radio several times to no avail. It is an RS and I run it in blinky mode because it is a small indoor track. Don't need tons of power.
Did you try posting in one of the Tekin specific threads? Employees like Randy Pike watch those threads and may be able to better help you.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I have a Hotwire and I'm running a 9.5T sensored Gen 2 Redline in blinky mode for weeks... and I did set this speedo up with Jeremy from Tekin. It was working fine for weeks then this??? I even have the coed to use my cellphone to do Hotwire adjustments. It was literally fine for the first qualifier...I used my cell with the Tekin app like I always do to add a little drag brake and then went to run the second qual and this happened? No matter what profile I try to switch too it just stays in this insane full throttle mode no matter how little throttle input I give. Even tried using my buddies radio and got the exact same results...Captain insano mode????
yes, souds like the ord glithed on the cell phone....mne did it last week, i thght i did something wrong....i will call rand an let him know....

mine messed up the trottle curves, i had to set the esc to 238 nd relaod 250 to make it work right...
Old 10-25-2014, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

check the curves....i bet they look strange...
Old 10-25-2014, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Matt M....I wish I knew how to do all that...lol. How do I check the curves? I believe ur onto something cause from what I can tell the curves look messed up. I would gladly give you my cell# if you would ever walk me through it

Last edited by Jokermayhem; 10-25-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Matt M....I wish I knew how to do all that...lol. How do I check the curves? I believe ur onto something cause from what I can tell the curves look messed up. I would gladly give you my cell# if you would ever walk me through it
If you plug up to your computer you can look at and modify the throttle curves. Set them to linear. Then load the new settings and try it.
Old 10-25-2014, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
The battery will just be closer to the servo by 2.5mm, not the ESC end.
How does the chassis work on lower bite tracks in mid motor? Does it have more traction?
Old 10-25-2014, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

I don't race......but....a brotha likes his buggy race kits.....

So....A brotha gotta pimp it up n ice it down.
Ah yeah babe.

I'm in the process of some hard core pimpification over here....

Just don't mind the heinous wiring birds nest....That'll get dealt with....
Right now a brothas busy wit da pimp work.

Next up is the titanium iceification.....turnbuckles, shock mounts, ball studs....the whole 9 yards....
Might even throw a system in there n have a lil Soundgarden blastin out the speakers. ....
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread-image.jpg  
Old 10-25-2014, 10:49 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vinny Cancilla View Post
How does the chassis work on lower bite tracks in mid motor? Does it have more traction?
It improves the handling in all conditions, from our testing results, even Astro and Carpet...
Old 10-26-2014, 01:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (98%+)

going to run a d4 8.5 dont have any 78 t spurs onlys 76t where should i start pinion wise and timing wise on motor med size indoor track.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 197 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Try a 21-22 Pinion
Originally Posted by ashxxx View Post
going to run a d4 8.5 dont have any 78 t spurs onlys 76t where should i start pinion wise and timing wise on motor med size indoor track.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Eggyolkeo View Post
Been experimenting with my carpet setup and tried a battery-way-forward config. Seemed to work well for the jumps but not well for steering.

I tried this layout and have stuck with it as I really like the way it helps with a smoother driving style. As Frank said, there is more static weight, so it is easier to overload the front tyres past their peak grip level with the extra weight up front.

The one thing I found the front very sensitive to in this layout was caster. I tend to have to try both the 5deg and 0deg to see what is best on the day, depending on the type of surface, but tend to find 5deg more often has the better feeling.

If you are getting too much understeer on corner exit, you could try adjusting the anti-squat too if the caster change helps, but doesn't go quite far enough.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Someone help a brotha out......

What ball cups do I need if I wanna use the jconcepts (B4) fin turnbuckles??

Last edited by NickTheGreek; 10-26-2014 at 10:03 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service