TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread >

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Old 10-23-2014, 10:26 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jokermayhem
What servos are recommended for Short Course? I'm running the Spektrum S6040 in my 22 2.0 buggy. Also what is the difference between my old Spektrum SR3100 receiver and the newer Spektrum SR410 that comes with the DX4R Pro????

I run a 6040 in everything.

3100 = DSM2
410 = DSMR
DSMR is faster than DSM2.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Yep. One question which will be on the minds of the RM drivers. Any issues running the esc on the chassis with this new chassis. -2.5mm, should not really be an issue, just depending and where it was removed. I really like the feel of Rm with the esc on the chassis behind the battery. Once i can get the new 22sct esc mount, I plant to put that in the 2.0 buggy. I know it really depends on the sc you use and blah blah. I use an orion is is not small, not real large. I am sure with the tekin rs, everything is fine for sure, lol. It is tiny.
The speed passion ESC is a little tight fit on the chassis. But it can be done..
Old 10-24-2014, 05:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Frank, I thought DSM2 and DSMR had the same 5.5ms frame rate speed, just DSMR has the frequency hopping for noisy environments. Both are faster than DSM at 11ms frame rate.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Frank...just to clearify...

The SR410 is a better receiver than my SR3100? It is faster?? and if it is.... does my DX3R Pro meet the faster frame rate or is capable of matching it? Thanks

Last edited by Jokermayhem; 10-24-2014 at 08:13 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

So the setup sheets we see on TLR drivers is that with the -2.5 chassis? If not which setup sheets have that option?
Old 10-24-2014, 10:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Dan, the SR410 requires a DSMR radio. The DX3R Pro does have a 5.5ms frame rate option. So as to not clutter this thread, we can talk at the Track if you'll be there tonight.

Rick
Old 10-24-2014, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David Alberico
So the setup sheets we see on TLR drivers is that with the -2.5 chassis? If not which setup sheets have that option?
It's my understanding that all of the setups in 2014 from the drivers Root posted have been testing chassis of various length so it's kind of a tossup as to what chassis goes with what setup. They did claim that Phend used the -2.5mm chassis for his nationals win so that's out there...
Old 10-24-2014, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Went down to the lhs today and picked up the bellcrank set for my 22. It wasn't the updated set so I called horizon. My question is what are they going to send me? I told the person I talked to it was going on my og22 but he didn't seem to be worried about it. He just said "we have some parts that we got to send out to people that call". Should I expect new ball cups or spindles. Not really worried about it mostly just curious.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Yesterday I threw on the mid motor aluminum rear camber block ....

Now one of my rear arms seems a lil tight. If I push the rear down, the car stays down....There's a lil binding on one of the rear arms....

What did I do wrong??

(Everything seemed to go together perfect)
Old 10-24-2014, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Default TEKIN FAILS ME YET AGAIN. ....

I've spent thousands on TEKIN speedos/motors over the past 5 years. Just today ordered another Gen2 set up for my new 2.0 SCT. Any time I TQ and or am in a position to win the Amain my trusty Tekin electronics FAIL me. Happened a month ago during a huge outdoor race where I TQ"D and completely checked out all alone in the A main and with half a lap to go my speedo dies. Now tonight I TQ and speedo is completely plucked again. Tried EVERYTHING from recalibration to rebinding and the speedo goes full throttle all lights forward or reverse all at once with even the slightest input of throttle or reverse. Normally when you slightly pull the trigger gradually giving more throttle the lights will also gradually increase in number. Nope... mine just hits full power even at the slightest touch of throttle. I'm so sick of dedicating all this time and $$$ to this sport I love just to have my Electronics fail me all the time. Thanks Tekin for another night of racing ruined. FYI. my wiring and soldering is immaculate. Guess I'll be calling Jeremy from Tekin AGAIN wasting more of my time not racing.

Last edited by Jokermayhem; 10-24-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NickTheGreek
Yesterday I threw on the mid motor aluminum rear camber block ....

Now one of my rear arms seems a lil tight. If I push the rear down, the car stays down....There's a lil binding on one of the rear arms....

What did I do wrong??

(Everything seemed to go together perfect)
Loosen one component at a time till u find the bind then address it accordingly, if your not sure about how to remedy the issue, pop back in here we'll be glad to help.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I've spent thousands on TEKIN speedos/motors over the past 5 years. Just today ordered another Gen2 set up for my new 2.0 SCT. Any time I TQ and or am in a position to win the Amain my trusty Tekin electronics FAIL me. Happened a month ago during a huge outdoor race where I TQ"D and completely checked out all alone in the A main and with half a lap to go my speedo dies. Now tonight I TQ and speedo is completely plucked again. Tried EVERYTHING from recalibration to rebinding and the speedo goes full throttle all lights forward or reverse with even the slightest input of throttle or reverse. I'm so sick of dedicating all this time and $$$ to this sport I love just to have my Electronics fail me all the time. Thanks Tekin for another night of racing ruined. FYI. my wiring and soldering is immaculate. Guess I'll be calling Jeremy from Tekin AGAIN wasting more of my time not racing.
WOW. Bad luck.

If it makes you feel any better, I have been running the same RS Pro for 5 years....
Old 10-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

I've spent thousands on TEKIN speedos/motors over the past 5 years. Just today ordered another Gen2 set up for my new 2.0 SCT. Any time I TQ and or am in a position to win the Amain my trusty Tekin electronics FAIL me. Happened a month ago during a huge outdoor race where I TQ"D and completely checked out all alone in the A main and with half a lap to go my speedo dies. Now tonight I TQ and speedo is completely plucked again. Tried EVERYTHING from recalibration to rebinding and the speedo goes full throttle all lights forward or reverse with even the slightest input of throttle or reverse. I'm so sick of dedicating all this time and $$$ to this sport I love just to have my Electronics fail me all the time. Thanks Tekin for another night of racing ruined. FYI. my wiring and soldering is immaculate. Guess I'll be calling Jeremy from Tekin AGAIN wasting more of my time not racing.
Maybe try another brand of speed control. I went thru the same thing recently with an rx8 in my scte and a max pro in 4wd buggy. Another rx8 in the corr truck and went with a speed passion in bug. Best of luck.

P. S. I now run $40 speedos in my 2wd buggy and will be in 4wd if this speed passion fails.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

The only thing that would show ant type of dedication and loyalty on Tekins part would be to overnight me a new speedo with a return tag so I can yet again send another speedo back. I believe my loyalty is worth that...betcha that doesn't happen. ....they already got thousands off me
Old 10-24-2014, 09:46 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I've spent thousands on TEKIN speedos/motors over the past 5 years. Just today ordered another Gen2 set up for my new 2.0 SCT. Any time I TQ and or am in a position to win the Amain my trusty Tekin electronics FAIL me. Happened a month ago during a huge outdoor race where I TQ"D and completely checked out all alone in the A main and with half a lap to go my speedo dies. Now tonight I TQ and speedo is completely plucked again. Tried EVERYTHING from recalibration to rebinding and the speedo goes full throttle all lights forward or reverse all at once with even the slightest input of throttle or reverse. Normally when you slightly pull the trigger gradually giving more throttle the lights will also gradually increase in number. Nope... mine just hits full power even at the slightest touch of throttle. I'm so sick of dedicating all this time and $$$ to this sport I love just to have my Electronics fail me all the time. Thanks Tekin for another night of racing ruined. FYI. my wiring and soldering is immaculate. Guess I'll be calling Jeremy from Tekin AGAIN wasting more of my time not racing.

how are you setting it up.....get it on a hotwire, make sure your on the most current setup.....

you must have a setting set improperly for it to act like that....also, wat motor are you using???mod, stock class, let me know, as it ill help me assist you

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.