Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread >

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Old 08-08-2013, 08:16 AM
Tech Adept

The thing I don't see but wanted to was the ability to mount a shorty side ways. I know it would require a flat chasis. I have my car dremelled and the battery side ways. Yes it doesn't sit on the chasis but it made mid motor easier to drive. Do love the update might have to get one. See how long it takes me to convince myself to pull the trigger. Perhaps its time to sell my non-losi stuff.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:26 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Nice release guys. It looks like you're getting to the "everything you need is in the box" which is the way a race kit should be. Now... About that 22SCT 2.0...
You're funny

Originally Posted by Ivegotklas
The thing I don't see but wanted to was the ability to mount a shorty side ways. I know it would require a flat chasis. I have my car dremelled and the battery side ways. Yes it doesn't sit on the chasis but it made mid motor easier to drive. Do love the update might have to get one. See how long it takes me to convince myself to pull the trigger. Perhaps its time to sell my non-losi stuff.
I don't think you'll find the need for that mod with how the car drives now. It is very stable and easy to drive, but still lightning quick.

I put a parts list together to convert a 1.0 to a 2.0, assuming you don't have any of the parts. If you have a 22, and have kept up with all of the update/option parts as you have gone along, then the list is smaller, but still adds up to enough that I'd suggest to just get the kit, it'll work out much better in the end, plus you'll have a new diff, chassis, and everything else.
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread-22-2.0-update-list-geometry-only.jpg   TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread-22-2.0-update-list.jpg  
Old 08-08-2013, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

I love tlr big hug and huuuug
Old 08-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ivegotklas
See how long it takes me to convince myself to pull the trigger.
You must have more will power than me! I saw it on facebook, then got online at work, and pre-ordered!!
Old 08-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Frank so I take it the new cab forward body does come in the kit. Great video presentation on explaining all the new features and why they were changed. I race on a really low bite track and I believe this is the ticket.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:50 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by serpentracer1
Frank so I take it the new cab forward body does come in the kit. Great video presentation on explaining all the new features and why they were changed. I race on a really low bite track and I believe this is the ticket.
The new cab forward body is an option, and does not come with the kit. We have a new 22 2.0 body that is a traditional cab body that comes with the kit, and we found it to work best in most conditions. The Cab Forward body works great on high-bite, but is a great tuning option. I have one of each painted, and ready and choose my body based on the track conditions of where I am running.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
You're funny

I don't think you'll find the need for that mod with how the car drives now. It is very stable and easy to drive, but still lightning quick.

I put a parts list together to convert a 1.0 to a 2.0, assuming you don't have any of the parts. If you have a 22, and have kept up with all of the update/option parts as you have gone along, then the list is smaller, but still adds up to enough that I'd suggest to just get the kit, it'll work out much better in the end, plus you'll have a new diff, chassis, and everything else.
If i keep what I have now and update I spend $146.88 not including tax.

I like the Exotek rack so my 5 year old will inherit my 22 buggy as it sits and I'll get the new one to compare. either way my son really wants a buggy!

Thanks for helping me convince my wife that we need two buggies now!! She has no choice in the matter once my son gives her "the Look". Trust me when your kid gets old enough to give you "the Look" you will know what I am talking about!!

Old 08-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

is there metal camber block in mid motor and rear motor set in the box?
Old 08-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vito
It only comes with the aluminum rear motor camber block in the box.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
It only comes with the aluminum rear motor camber block in the box.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:14 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by vito
Originally Posted by weavty1
Sorry, the cost to include both would have been very high. It seems that the majority of people run Rear Motor, and the rear motor aluminum camber tower is one of our best selling option parts, so we wanted to include it even if we couldn't include the mid motor aluminum camber tower as well.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Sorry, the cost to include both would have been very high. It seems that the majority of people run Rear Motor, and the rear motor aluminum camber tower is one of our best selling option parts, so we wanted to include it even if we couldn't include the mid motor aluminum camber tower as well.
I can deal with that! Dialed

Old 08-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

so all the hop ups are for rear motor all in the box
Old 08-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yes, TLR is stepping it up for the racers! 8ight 3.0E is the same way.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Well I guess im gonna pull the trigger and get the new kit. Gonna give my current 22 to my 10 year old son. Frank, hurry up with the tlr 44!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.