TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread >

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Old 10-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skeasor
Does your car have more throw when you turn left than right? I'm running a 6070 servo too and notice that my slider will only turn right so far then just stops. I have my left and right throws both set at 120% but I always have more action to the left than to the right...I took everything apart and made sure that nothing was binding...it's driving me nuts
Originally Posted by Jerm13
Sounds like your servo arm is off a tooth or two. It should be slightly to one side when the wheels are straight. Cant remember which way.

I don't think you have a bind anywhere, it sounds like the servo is at is full limit in one direction...
I don't have issues getting full throw both ways. As Jerm said above, check to make sure the arm is centered properly, make sure the linkage is the right length (manual is only a starting point), turnbuckles are the same length, and don't be afraid to run the travel adjust above 120%. Run the travel adjust up until the linkages bind in both directions. If the numbers don't match (or within a couple percent of each other) linkages or servo center is off.

Seth
Old 10-12-2014, 08:04 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GNS Racing 86
TLR guys..

I got the bell crank system yesterday and went to install it but the tie rods are too small for the cup ends, i have a 22 2.0 buggy, is there some mix up with the kits? or did i order the wrong kit? only seen 1 part number and said no mods necessary.

Quote" No Modification Required - The Bell Crank Steering System will install onto the TLR 22, 22 2.0, 22SCT, or 22SCT 2.0 without any modifications to the front bulkhead, servo mounts, or servo location "

also on the TLR site there was a note saying parts needed to complete, nothing was listed...

i had to rob the rods off my 22-4 to run the 22.0

please explain ...
We have now added the M3.5mm x 50mm turnbuckles to the next group of kits coming in (later this month). I have M3.5 x 50mm turnbuckles on their way to Product Support... BUT there are not here yet. I'll post again once they arrive, so please don't blow up product support yet.

Originally Posted by rbrownsr
Trying to change to 30 deg front kick. Can not find any shims to do that. What parts do I use?
It can't be done with a shim, you need the 30* pivot, made in plastic and/or aluminum.

Originally Posted by Dale.0
Root, on the new steering system, does adding washer on the rack add Ackerman? More washers = more steering or less steering?

Also I see on some of the new set ups going to 2deg of toe out. What will that do?
More shims = More ackermannn
More Ackermann = More aggressive off-center steering, and turning the wheels almosts acts like a mild front brakke.

Originally Posted by Jerm13
I looked and looked and could not confirm this.....

When going from RM to MM, does the gearing change. Same motor/ ESC. Didn't even see a gearing chart in the MM section. Only the RM

Im running 24/78 for 10.5.

Thinking of trying the MM setup. Just have to find a body. Don't want to spend too much incase I don't like it. Anyone out there got a used all white or black in ok shape for MM they wouldn't mind getting rid of???
Gearing doesn't change, as the tranny ratio is still the same... BUT a MM car doesn't get the same airflow on the motor, so you may need to go down a tooth.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
We have now added the M3.5mm x 50mm turnbuckles to the next group of kits coming in (later this month). I have M3.5 x 50mm turnbuckles on their way to Product Support... BUT there are not here yet. I'll post again once they arrive, so please don't blow up product support yet.
For those of us on the other side of the world will you be able to ship these turnbuckles to us as well when available?
Old 10-12-2014, 08:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Frank. Future 22 2.0 kits will have the 3.5mm turnbuckles or the bell crank conversions will have them?
Old 10-13-2014, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 3D-Seth
I don't have issues getting full throw both ways. As Jerm said above, check to make sure the arm is centered properly, make sure the linkage is the right length (manual is only a starting point), turnbuckles are the same length, and don't be afraid to run the travel adjust above 120%. Run the travel adjust up until the linkages bind in both directions. If the numbers don't match (or within a couple percent of each other) linkages or servo center is off.

Seth
If I go by the length in the manual for the turnbuckles then I have some major toe out. I also remember when I first built mine I had 2 different sizes.

Last edited by skeasor; 10-13-2014 at 05:15 AM.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:33 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by skeasor
If I go by the length in the manual for the turnbuckles then I have some major toe out. I also remember when I first built mine I had 2 different sizes.
The manual images are not 1:1, you actually need to use calipers.

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Frank. Future 22 2.0 kits will have the 3.5mm turnbuckles or the bell crank conversions will have them?
The kits are not being updated, but the Bellcrank sets are going to include 2x turnbuckles as stated in my last post.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

ahhh, that explains it Thanks!
Old 10-13-2014, 06:12 AM
Tech Prophet

The kits are not being updated, but the Bellcrank sets are going to include 2x turnbuckles as stated in my last post.
Ah ok. Well Poo. Mine will here today. Haha, I had to be bleeding edge. This is why I normally wait for new stuff
Old 10-13-2014, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

Frank,
Better make sure that is 2 turnbuckles and 2 HD rod ends. The 3.5mm turnbuckles won't do anybody any good without HD rod ends for the outside.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:29 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by SkipGear
Frank,
Better make sure that is 2 turnbuckles and 2 HD rod ends. The 3.5mm turnbuckles won't do anybody any good without HD rod ends for the outside.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

After some testing and a pretty great raceday, I'll say I think the bell cranks are worth it, even if you have to buy new turnbuckles and HD rod ends. Mine already had that but they are nice and smooth.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:53 AM
Tech Prophet

Well, because today is a federal holiday.....I have to wait till tomorrow. lol. My kid TQd her class with the 2.0 car, but it pushes like a dump truck (RM on high bite). I was unable to run the standard clay slick because the car was all over the place. I am hoping the rack smooths out the steering and I can go back to clay tires on the car. She is really starting to get better....soon will be beating me
Old 10-13-2014, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Well, because today is a federal holiday.....I have to wait till tomorrow. lol. My kid TQd her class with the 2.0 car, but it pushes like a dump truck (RM on high bite). I was unable to run the standard clay slick because the car was all over the place. I am hoping the rack smooths out the steering and I can go back to clay tires on the car. She is really starting to get better....soon will be beating me
Nothing better than a little father daughter competition I'm still trying to teach my son how to go around some orange cones in the backyard before I let him run on the track.

My 2.0 pushed like crazy with the RM configuration. I'm really hoping that with the MM it wont push as much but I wont be able to find out until Friday.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:31 AM
Tech Prophet

Yeah, I did the same with with rocks in the street, lol. She hates MM. I tried to convert her to the B5, but even though the car looked better to me, it was too much steering for her and I had to listen to non stop, "I want my TLR car". What is comes down to is driver preference. And she prefers a 22 with under steer, lol.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Yeah, I did the same with with rocks in the street, lol. She hates MM. I tried to convert her to the B5, but even though the car looked better to me, it was too much steering for her and I had to listen to non stop, "I want my TLR car". What is comes down to is driver preference. And she prefers a 22 with under steer, lol.
hah cones are a little more forgiving

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.